No announcement yet.

Everything ECF 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the thing you see with Love is how hard it is for a player to dramatically shift roles from being the primary guy to a lesser guy and maintain his value.

In terms of player skill sets, Love is a great rebounder, passer and shooter with true PF size. That sounds like the skill set that would fit with any team and beside any star player. But because of where players like to operate and controlling the ball, it hasn't yet really clicked in Cleveland. Blatt used Love as a stand around the perimeter catch and shoot guy, which was really underutilizing a player of Love's talent. I would be interested to see what Lue does with an offseason (assuming Love isn't traded) to better use Love.

Wiggins would be a poor fit next to LeBron on offence. Perhaps he develops a better 3 ball in Cleveland (Flip Saunders was inexplicably trying to get Wiggins away from taking 3s). Defensively, Wiggins and LeBron at the wings offers a ton of flexibility and potential.

Ultimately the trade came down to Cleveland desperately trying to win a title and realizing that LeBron's prime is their best opportunity. Wiggins would have given them a long term succession plan that would have lengthened their window but not necessarily improved it.

I think the trade worked out for both sides. If Cleveland made a mistake that offseason, it might have been hiring Blatt; who seemed unprepared to coach LeBron and best use Love. Blatt was hired to train up the youngin's but you have to think that Cleveland could have waited until after free agency started to land a coach, because they would have had a great sell to any coach - come coach LeBron or Wiggins (if LeBron hadn't signed).
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      He wasn't always. Think he got creeped out by how many people knew his full name so he dropped the last name.

Was gonna say, I'm pretty sure I remember his username being his full name.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Would have been a shame to let a player with as much talent as Wiggins possesses develop as a third banana behind LBJ and Kyrie. Having said that JV was developed behind our two all stars and it hasn't really kept him from becoming a really good player.

I'm glad Wiggins has his own team though.

Comment

• love or Andrew?

rightsideup wrote: View Post
          Sorry in the states it's either king James or LeBron, I think as NBA rookie of the year AW can be referred to by his first name in Canada.
          He's not referred to as just Andrew and is obviously nowhere near lebrons level of fame.

No one in Canada is gonna know what you're talking about if you said "I hope Andrew comes home!"

Either way, trade made sense for both teams and their goals, with both teams obviously having completely different timelines to reach those goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by iblastoff; Fri May 27, 2016, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• I would love to make this a seven game series
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Eastern Conference Finals: Game 6 ~ All or Nothing

I think id rather this team keep it close all night and lose by 1 point than go back to Cleveland and get finished off by another 40 points. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• After our performance in game 5, I do not know what it will be tonight.
                Man, game 5 is still hurting.

Comment

• I figure if they can eek out a game 7 ANYTHING can happen
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    I would love to make this a seven game series
                    Game 7 against this Cavs team would be victory for us and I don't even care about final score.

Comment

• We are winning tonight.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Game 7 against this Cavs team would be victory for us and I don't even care about final score.
                        Game 4 was victory in my eyes. Game 7 is cherry on the top.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Game 4 was victory in my eyes. Game 7 is cherry on the top.
                          I like my cherries fresh and big.

Big cherry = NBA Final

Comment

• Wiggins is a pretty bad defender.. and although Love isn't good either.. having a guy stretch the floor and grab boards seems to be more important to a team trying to win it all than a guy who's a good mid-ranger shooter and makes dumb mistakes.

I think the trade made sense to both.. plus Cavs don't care about paying taxes.. and with Love's contract being much higher they can trade him for more depth or make a sideways trade for another talented player. If they traded Wiggins, they could only bring back about $5M in salary. Not much to work with.

Cavs were smart with that trade.. best part of it was getting rid of AB. Stupid for Minny to get AB in the deal. They should have tried harder to get TT or someone else. They had all the power in the negotiations.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              Also, I'm thinking JV starts the next one

And if Casey's smart he'll start PPat next to him
                              Whatever line up you used in the 3-4th game, you use.

I read that JJ was instrumental in those wins, and was glued for game 5. Im firing Casey for that.

There, I said it finally. You gotta go with whats working....old NHL mentality really..... stars mean fucl all in the playoffs....performers are what ya need...and they change with each day.

Comment

• 10 hours until game time.. #sendhelp

Comment

Working...
                                X