No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting mix of signings though. Some people just chasing big contracts and some guys taking less to win.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Remember, these decisions were made in 2011, and at the time the NBA was showing very consistent growth patterns. It was a way to remove one more thing that had to be figured out in the moratorium period. They'll probably revert to the old system of tying the MLE to the projected average salary. No one saw a TV deal this big coming.
      I would just assume that the mle number will be determined once the feeding frenzy has settled in....since it is the calculation of the average salary of players on teams above the cap. I dont even think the actual cap number is "official" right now...it is a working # no?

Comment

• Luol deng gone to the lakers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          I would just assume that the mle number will be determined once the feeding frenzy has settled in....since it is the calculation of the average salary of players on teams above the cap. I dont even think the actual cap number is "official" right now...it is a working # no?
          MLE used to be tied to average salary, but not for a long time now. It's a set number. 5.628M exactly this summer.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Not sure what the Heat's sales pitch to Durant will be - they've lost Johnson, Deng, and potentially Wade. I would imagine that Wade wouldn't be lauding South Beach management right now, and Bosh may never play again.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              MLE used to be tied to average salary, but not for a long time now. It's a set number. 5.628M exactly this summer.
              Thanks. Not to belabour the point but that seems so arbitrary....do you happen to know how the NBA develops that number?

Comment

• Comment

• Was about to run here to tell you guys about Barnes to the Raptors because I saw Blake posting a story from ESPN, and then I saw it was 2010...

Human beings need sleep, I guess

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

If both those guys move and we get neither, I might cry. Like I know it's not easy to swing a deal, but still

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

How credible is this source?

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                        How credible is this source?
                        He has a twitter account doesn't he?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          He has a twitter account doesn't he?
                          so do i...

Comment

• He's a real bball writer...credible, though? Who knows?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              He's a real bball writer...credible, though? Who knows?

He's getting bashed on reddit. People who have followed him says he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                                He's getting bashed on reddit. People who have followed him says he doesn't know what he's talking about.
                                He doesn't. The Hawks basically have to trade Millsap to be able to sign and trade Horford, unless they are getting no salary back in the Horford SnT, in which case he is going to a team under the cap and why would that team need a sign and trade?

That said, I'm happy to believe that it's true and that one of those two is coming to the Raptors.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X