The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
    Would it be that much different than when we had Amir and JV? Favors has a decent mid-range game and is an elite post defender.

All though this all mute because Utah is not going to trade him for our spare scraps, I would think he is close to untouchable on that team.
    Probably the most relevant point.

Any guy good enough to change our ceiling is going to cost a lot more than Ross. Just look at what OKC got/asked for Ibaka. Millsap is a lot better than Ibaka, and Favors is a young guy trending upwards.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I know the fanbase is feeling Tjones. You guys think Masai is feeling him? He seems to be a prime target for a masai rejuvenation project. I have concerns about how his personality might fit in with our roster.

Comment

• russellhantz wrote: View Post
        I know the fanbase is feeling Tjones. You guys think Masai is feeling him? He seems to be a prime target for a masai rejuvenation project. I have concerns about how his personality might fit in with our roster.
        Yeah, I've heard the organization had tagged him for personality issues a few years back. Might mean they won't target him.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Yeah, I've heard the organization had tagged him for personality issues a few years back. Might mean they won't target him.
          It's all cuz he messed with that homeless lad.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
            Sad to see Masai's career end this way. Oh well, at least we got to the ECF! It's all down hill from here.
            Meh... This is premature. He hasn't failed us yet, let's see how things shake out.

Comment

• Charlotte keeping Batum for 5/120. That's an incredibly good contract.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                Probably the most relevant point.

Any guy good enough to change our ceiling is going to cost a lot more than Ross. Just look at what OKC got/asked for Ibaka. Millsap is a lot better than Ibaka, and Favors is a young guy trending upwards.
                That's why you trade him for a good pick when his value is highest. Our window is jv in two years. How much does Ross move the needle? Where's our needle? Lowry is our best player but he peaked late. We don't need a pf. We don't need a "name". We need a top talent. We are not signing one or trading for one. Draft. Trade Ross to a team that needs to make 6-8 seed to appease fan base or ownership. Hope they fail. Package all three picks to move up in lottery. Hope your pick hits. Difference between a good team and a great. All the teams above us got best players in draft. We drafted jv.

Comment

• Man, I was talking myself into the DeMar contract... then that Batum deal dropped. Batum taking $20 mil less than DeMar makes me feel like we didn't get a great deal at all, because I think Batum is a more complete player.

Comment

• 4 yrs / $50 million for Jordan Clarkson is what an actual bargain looks like.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                      4 yrs / $50 million for Jordan Clarkson is what an actual bargain looks like.
                      Clarkson subject to Arenas provision, couldn't get much more.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                        Meh... This is premature. He hasn't failed us yet, let's see how things shake out.
                        Yeah, I love Masai, but sadly not premature, this contract is the fork in his tenure here. There is no way that this club improves from here, maybe an exra regular season win or two, but ECF is our ceiling.

I hope that's enough for Masai, but watching DeRozan miss shots all day is more than likely to have him considering other offers soon enough.

Comment

• Does anyone know if we can still maneuver and move some salary while DeMar's caphold is in place, then sign him a few days after the 7th?

Comment

• Anyone want to laugh? http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2...timofey-mozgov

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Now the big question, do we trade for an upgrade, trade for space, or pretty much stand pat?

Personally, I wouldn't be at all upset if Masai stayed the course yet again. What's our current projected cap space look like for 2017?

Comment

• I was sure this summer will go into history as summer of terrible deals, until I realized that you have to use some kind of coefficient to adjust the cap, I'm using 0.75 (cap risen from 70M to 94M, so 70/94~0.75), just look at this deals after using this coefficient:
                                - DeMar deal is moderate $105 M, close to what love got last year, and Aldridge per year (no 5th year in his case), less than Melo gets in 4 years.
                                - $48 M for 4 years of Mozgov, Asik rate is similar, but still hard to defend, that's absurd money for player that barely played, Lakers becoming fans of Kings?
                                - $96 M for 5 years of Beal - just what Kawhii and Butler (although both are better than Beal) got last summer, risk of that is really high given Bradley health history, but Wizards really haven't got much choice.
                                - $90 M for 5 years of Batum - harder to find comparisons (Green got $82 M, RJax $80 M), rookie max from point earlier seems like reasonable comparison.

So after all these are not terrible deals, I'd rather look other way around and see deals that were made in recent years as real steals, because of conditions that they were signed.

Comment

Working...
                                X