Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Unless they spend it all on Biz.
    Not gonna happen
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      Unless they spend it all on Biz.
      Even then.. they have his rights. Taxes are not an issue for Cuban. And even if they were an issue, they are pretty far being a tax team I bet.

Comment

• PF targets in my mind: Motie, Jones as RFA's from HOU (probably via sign and trade). Faried or Gallo from DEN. My favourite would be Olynyk from BOS if possible. In terms of realistic gets, not ideal ones.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Jones could be a Masai reclamation project

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
            PF targets in my mind: Motie, Jones as RFA's from HOU (probably via sign and trade). Faried or Gallo from DEN. My favourite would be Olynyk from BOS if possible. In terms of realistic gets, not ideal ones.
            i like kelly too. a young vets vet. closest thing to scola we could find this year. need to teach him spanish and get him tanned a little but could step in as scola on day one.

Comment

• I'd love to bring JJ back. Every rookie we've had has raved about his leadership and guidance.

I'm still on the train of thinking Masai will make a splash for a PF through a trade. Now that he missed on Ibaka, I think he goes after Millsap again, and tries (hopefully) for Favors.

Would something like Patterson+Poeltl+Ross+Wright+2 1sts work?

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                I'd love to bring JJ back. Every rookie we've had has raved about his leadership and guidance.

I'm still on the train of thinking Masai will make a splash for a PF through a trade. Now that he missed on Ibaka, I think he goes after Millsap again, and tries (hopefully) for Favors.

I think Johnson is back barring someone offering him a ton of money, relatively. I think this year JJ really realized where in the NBA pecking order he is and embraced it.

Masai mentioned him in the year end presser, which I respected because what he is/does/did is important to an organization and he seems to excel as a mentor.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                  No one see's JJ coming back?
                  I wouldn't be surprised to see him back, given how the draft and trade attempts turned out. This might be something MU tires to get done early if he can't get a major FA in the first couple of days, just to remove any uncertainty. It sounds like one of his major roles with the team was working out with the younger fella's. And now the Raps have added two more. Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised. Good attitude, always ready, plays a lot more controlled than previously, works with and well like by the young guys.

Comment

• I wonder if how JJ would feel if he was dealt in a S&T? He'd have to say yes of course, but his new contract could be used for salary matching purposes.

Let's say Horford wanted to come here but wanted $24M as a starting salary. Ross makes up only $10M. We need at least $19M going out.. so we have to make up another $9M in this fictional S&T. I wonder how JJ would feel if Masai asked him if he'd be interested in playing a year in Atlanta for $7M (big bump from his $2.5M that he got this year)? If he's cool, then we'd only have to package up one prospect like Wright or even Poeltl to make the numbers work.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I wonder if how JJ would feel if he was dealt in a S&T? He'd have to say yes of course, but his new contract could be used for salary matching purposes.

Let's say Horford wanted to come here but wanted $24M as a starting salary. Ross makes up only $10M. We need at least $19M going out.. so we have to make up another $9M in this fictional S&T. I wonder how JJ would feel if Masai asked him if he'd be interested in playing a year in Atlanta for $7M (big bump from his $2.5M that he got this year)? If he's cool, then we'd only have to package up one prospect like Wright or even Poeltl to make the numbers work.
                      in your hypothetical, james is totally down for 7 million.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I wonder if how JJ would feel if he was dealt in a S&T? He'd have to say yes of course, but his new contract could be used for salary matching purposes.

Yeah, I've proposed packages with JJ as a sign and trade several times. His early Bird rights make him a good trade chip. And I think JJ would be open to a nice guaranteed 6 or 7M payday.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                          I'd love to bring JJ back. Every rookie we've had has raved about his leadership and guidance.

That would create a ton of holes in a capped out roster. Two of our top 4 3pt shooters (or more accurately, 2 of our 4 3pt shooters), plus two promising prospects and 2 1sts, thats way too much. we would be in a worse position next offseason, with less young and cheap options to round out the roster and fill key bench roles, plus you'd be faced with paying Lowry and Millsap top dollar, and operating over the cap without a tradeable asset and bunch of roster spots to fill. Even too much for the longer term Favors.

JV/Millsap/Carroll/Demar/Lowry
                          Bebe/Siakim/Bruno/Powell/Cojo

That would be this season in the event we resigned Demar. Could also sign JJ and 4 spots left to fill with a very inexperienced bench.

Next season: JV/?/Carroll/Demar/?
                          Bebe/Siakim/Bruno/Powell/Cojo
                          ? / ? / JJ / ? / ?

With Lowry and Millsap looking for max contracts and 4 other spots to fill.

I don't think that trade would make us better going forward. Something like one of Pat/Ross + one of Poeltl/Wright + one 1st rounder would make more sense but that might not be enough to get what you are looking for.

we are in tough looking for an all-star type PF. We may have to accept that a lesser player, but one much better than Scola, is most likely.

Comment

• Whats intriguing to me is what happens with Bismack now. Can we make the bottom half of his contract heavier (a la Landry Fields)?

If so, that would be ideal because you can have a starting lineup of:

Lowry - DD - DC - PPat - JV

and then the death lineup of

Lowry - CJ - Ross - Bis - Poetl

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                              Whats intriguing to me is what happens with Bismack now. Can we make the bottom half of his contract heavier (a la Landry Fields)?

If so, that would be ideal because you can have a starting lineup of:

Lowry - DD - DC - PPat - JV

and then the death lineup of

Lowry - CJ - Ross - Bis - Poetl
                              Fields was exploiting a very narrow loophole that exists in the CBA. The player needs to be a second-round pick coming off a rookie deal. Otherwise, maximum raises are set out by the CBA, and are different depending on whether you own bird-rights. Because we don't, I believe the maximum raise we can offer Biyombo within the contract is 4.5%.
                              Last edited by octothorp; Sun Jun 26, 2016, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                                Fields was exploiting a very specific loophole that exists in the CBA. The player needs to be a second-round pick coming off a rookie deal. Otherwise, maximum raises are set out by the CBA, and are different depending on whether you own bird-rights. Because we don't, I believe the maximum raise we can offer Biyombo within the contract is 4.5%.
                                Can I ask how it would work if we signed Bismack first, then signed Demar after?

I read that it could work on the Score's website. But I thought we would have to renounce bird rights to sign Bismack first (I'm sure he still wouldn't get that much money).

Comment

Working...
                                X