The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Agreed, but would you say that the monster game he had against Miami was the main reason we won that game, and since it went to 7, did he in fact play a major role in winning that series?
    Sure, though if Whiteside doesn't go down we lose the series, unless JV doesn't go down, in which case we'd win.

Biyombo was a difference maker in scenarios befitting a backup C, as you would expect of a backup C.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        May 15, 2016

More Raps fans...less homeless' man's 2Pac please.

#BELOWTHERIM

Comment

• Poeltl Wright in Ute land
          Wright's shoulder appears to be "ok" (on track).

Comment

• A couple Raptors related Q&A from Kevin Pelton chat

Rob Hartwell (Brigus)

In your opinion, would the Kings consider a package from Toronto consisting of JV, Ross and a first rounder for Cousins and filler?

Kevin Pelton 1:01 PM ET

No, I don't think the Kings have any particular interest in trading Cousins and if they do, they're going to expect a lot more than that.

christian(ottawa) [via mobile]

Why are people so high on Celtics? They still can't rebound and lost their best rebounder. Also they still can't shoot the 3 well.

Kevin Pelton 12:53 PM ET

And yet they still won 48 games with a relatively young group that they improved while the other mid-tier teams in the East suffered heavy hits. Don't lose the forest through the trees.

#RespecttheRecord

Michelle (Baltimore)

Has the Wizards' situation caused John Wall to become underrated at this point? Given that he's arguably the second best pure point in the league after CP3 and doesn't seem to be ranked too highly on top PGs, it certainly seems that way.

Kevin Pelton 1:15 PM ET

No, probably not. I don't find "pure point guard" to be particularly meaningful in terms of evaluating players as opposed to describing their styles. Impure or not, Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook and Kyle Lowry have all been better.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Not sure what thread to throw this in but really I gotta say I think a lot of ppl are sleeping on Indy.

Everyone talks like the battle for 2nd is just between us and BOS but I think if IND doesn't at least get within range they will be scary as hell to play against in the Playoffs. PG had no help offensively last year, now he's got Thad, Big Al and Teague not to mention now that Turner will be the starting C with increased minutes...I hope we don't have to cross paths next year's Playoffs.

Comment

• Not sure what thread to throw this in but really I gotta say I think a lot of ppl are sleeping on Indy.

Everyone talks like the battle for 2nd is just between us and BOS but I think if IND doesn't at least get within range they will be scary as hell to play against in the Playoffs. PG had no help offensively last year, now he's got Thad, Big Al and Teague not to mention now that Turner will be the starting C with increased minutes...I hope we don't have to cross paths next year's Playoffs.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  Not sure what thread to throw this in but really I gotta say I think a lot of ppl are sleeping on Indy.

They traded defence for offence, we'll see if they come out ahead. It'll all be up to how well PG pulls everything together. He was a top 5 player the first half of last year carrying that team.

They made a mistake in ditching Vogel.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I really don't like what Indy did and honestly they made it easier for us to beat them. Our biggest problem is a team that defends well, not a team that scores well. So even if their record is better (which I highly doubt) we will still beat them in the playoffs if we play them.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                      Not sure what thread to throw this in but really I gotta say I think a lot of ppl are sleeping on Indy.

I agree, I think the Pacers will be better than the Celtics. They will be our main contenders for that 2nd seed.
                      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Sep 2, 2016, 08:12 PM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Pacers are going to be a 5-6 seed IMO. No more dangerous than last year. PG might be their only plus defender at this point.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I don't see Indiana being that good next year. I think Larry bird is unreasonably obsessed with trying to play fast and small. They didn't sign a single guy who can play defense and gave up a few pretty good defenders. I honestly don't even think Teague is an overall upgrade from George hill. Not to mention that they lost a great coach. I also don't think they fully addressed their bench situation (although brooks instead Lawson is probably a plus). Plus i think it'll take a good chunk of the season for everyone to figure each other and the new play style out.

Comment

• PG is the second best player in the Eastern conference IMO. Myles Turner is about to have a breakout year. He was one of the best players on the select team. All the coaches raved about him.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                              I don't see Indiana being that good next year. I think Larry bird is unreasonably obsessed with trying to play fast and small. They didn't sign a single guy who can play defense and gave up a few pretty good defenders. I honestly don't even think Teague is an overall upgrade from George hill. Not to mention that they lost a great coach. I also don't think they fully addressed their bench situation (although brooks instead Lawson is probably a plus). Plus i think it'll take a good chunk of the season for everyone to figure each other and the new play style out.
                              Yea but I think by playoff time they will figure it out and if they do they will be dangerous. I do see the concern with their defense though. And I am big on defense so if they don't figure that part out then I agree with you and Dan H.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                                I don't see Indiana being that good next year. I think Larry bird is unreasonably obsessed with trying to play fast and small. They didn't sign a single guy who can play defense and gave up a few pretty good defenders. I honestly don't even think Teague is an overall upgrade from George hill. Not to mention that they lost a great coach. I also don't think they fully addressed their bench situation (although brooks instead Lawson is probably a plus). Plus i think it'll take a good chunk of the season for everyone to figure each other and the new play style out.
                                Coaching could be a big factor....you know since Vogel was fired for not playing fast enough and they replaced him with a coach who's run some of the slowest paced ball you'll ever see. Does McMillan have any clue how to implement a fast paced style?

And what areas related to small ball did they even really improve? Teague can push the ball better than Hill...he's also a worse shooter and defender by quite a bit. Thad can't stretch the floor all that well. Big Al gives them a post threat but will he fit with how they want to play?

I see a team that wants to play fast but likely downgraded their D and their shooting. And I can't say they really upgraded their offence well enough around George. They improved the offensive talent level, but will the pieces actually fit?

They seem pretty much like they'll be in the same tier they were last year, fighting for one of the lower playoff spots.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X