The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
    If they can trade for Ibaka and somehow clear the cap space necessary to sign Lin, it would be ok to lose Cojo in that scenario IMO. And that would be a fine offseason. Cojo's defence is top tier, but for a guy that has the ball in his hands so much, I'd prefer if he could do more with it. Lin could make up for the loss of Ross and Cojo, at least offensively, and he isn't a bad defender. Plus you still got (hopefully) Powell and Wright who look like good defenders at their positions.
    But that's too much for Ibaka. Ross and 27 should be enough based on other trades and rumours. The Boston/bucks rumour is a good example: 2 first rounders for Middleton and Monroe. If that's even close, then 9 alone should get it done for Ibaka. And Lin vs. CoJo is not comparable, IMO.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
      But that's too much for Ibaka. Ross and 27 should be enough based on other trades and rumours. The Boston/bucks rumour is a good example: 2 first rounders for Middleton and Monroe. If that's even close, then 9 alone should get it done for Ibaka. And Lin vs. CoJo is not comparable, IMO.
      Lin vs cojo is not comparable how
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Refresh, refresh, refresh, gimme some news damn it!

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
          I wasn't suggesting including Cojo in the deal, only that moving Cojo would be fine by me in the event we really upgraded the PF spot. And then use the resulting cap space to go after Lin, who was really good last year. And then we would have a true 6th man coming off the bench, one who can run the point or play off the ball, shoot better than Cojo and probably a better finisher in traffic and playmaker. Cojo and Lin are not comparable offensively or defensively. You give up one to get the other. Cojo is overrated around here IMO. He's great defensively, I know, and great at dribbling the ball out of the air in our offensive system. Keep him out of the paint and he is almost useless. Lin brings alot more to the table IMO, and skills we would need if Ross were moved.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            Refresh, refresh, refresh, gimme some news damn it!
            I know right lets get this deal done already
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Who is that Ortiz source? Is he the only one fueling this rumor?

Comment

• On a scale of 1 to Arujao, how badly does Colangelo fuck up tonight?
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                  Who is that Ortiz source? Is he the only one fueling this rumor?
                  He's the only one specifically mentioning the Raptors so far that I've seen, many others corroborating that Ibaka is being shopped though.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    On a scale of 1 to Arujao, how badly does Colangelo fuck up tonight?
                    A solid Bargnani, with a side of trading for Jermaine O'Neal's corpse.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Ross + 27 for ibaka.

If they ask for the 9th pick, ask them to throw in morrow and call it a deal.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        On a scale of 1 to Arujao, how badly does Colangelo fuck up tonight?
                        Araujo was babcock. Babcock makes colangelo look like a combo of pat riley ujiri and jesus

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                          I wasn't suggesting including Cojo in the deal, only that moving Cojo would be fine by me in the event we really upgraded the PF spot. And then use the resulting cap space to go after Lin, who was really good last year. And then we would have a true 6th man coming off the bench, one who can run the point or play off the ball, shoot better than Cojo and probably a better finisher in traffic and playmaker. Cojo and Lin are not comparable offensively or defensively. You give up one to get the other. Cojo is overrated around here IMO. He's great defensively, I know, and great at dribbling the ball out of the air in our offensive system. Keep him out of the paint and he is almost useless. Lin brings alot more to the table IMO, and skills we would need if Ross were moved.
                          Don't see it with Lin, personally. Decent year last year, decent rookie year when he had the run of the Knicks. Other than that, I see an ok offensive player with virtually no D. Seems like a 'trendy' guy to like right now, but I don't see him adding anything needle-moving, and losing Joseph as a defensive anchor for both the bench and late-game with the starters, that's a big loss. I also think he's better on O than you're making out; don't see the big gap with Corey/Lin there that I see on D the other way.
                          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• Trading Ibaka doesn't really make sense if they are tryin to resign Durrant. Unless they are replacing him with Dwight or someone they feel is an upgrade

Comment

Trading Ibaka doesn't really make sense if they are tryin to resign Durrant. Unless they are replacing him with Dwight or someone they feel is an upgrade
                              Trading ibaka makes sense because they are trying to resign durant. And westbrook next year. Unless you think the giant metropolis of Oklahoma city can stomach being a repeat offender of the luxury tax. Plus terrence ross plus is actually a pretty good basketball move. They need a stretch 2 badly.

Comment

Trading Ibaka doesn't really make sense if they are tryin to resign Durrant. Unless they are replacing him with Dwight or someone they feel is an upgrade
                                Enes Kanter locked in and playing pretty well. Adams playing most of the minutes in the post season. They can afford to drop Inaka to save money.

Comment

Working...
                                X