The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Agreed, health is a big issue for them, but they remind me of the KG Celtics. They will be a group of very talented vets with young players around them. They will know how to win and would be super dangerous in the playoffs especially.
    More like the KG Nets

Comment

Agreed, health is a big issue for them, but they remind me of the KG Celtics. They will be a group of very talented vets with young players around them. They will know how to win and would be super dangerous in the playoffs especially.
      Ugh, nothing like the KG Celtics. The KG Celtics put three franchise players in their primes (near the end, but still prime) on the same team. All three of those guys were better than anyone on the Knicks now.

This is much more like the Brooklyn Nyets.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
        More like the KG Nets
        lol beat me to it.

Comment

• LOL, alright, guess we shall have to wait and see. Still think Rose has some in the tank as does Noah when healthy. Melo finally a decent cast and KP another year under his belt. I think they could be really good. Totally see your points about the health issues.

Comment

• I don't think rose and Noah combined play 82 games next year.

Comment

Except Paul Pierce, KG and Ray Allen are all Hall of Fame calibre players who were all still healthy and in their prime windows. Rose, Melo and Noah are not Hall of Fame players and two of them aren't particularly healthy with a 32-year old Melo entering his 14th season(?).....

I don't see it.

Comment

LOL, alright, guess we shall have to wait and see. Still think Rose has some in the tank as does Noah when healthy. Melo finally a decent cast and KP another year under his belt. I think they could be really good. Totally see your points about the health issues.
                I should add that even though I don't see it working that well, the Knicks will be better and I don't mind the Rose move for them (assuming there is more to come). Melo's window is closing, they don't have much in the way of young players or picks and no premiere free agents want their money cause the supporting cast isn't good enough. Given the options, this seems like a fairly low risk way of trying to get competitive without sacrificing Porzingis' future.

Comment

• If anybody needed a point guard, it was new York. They will no doubt be better. But looking at the top 8 in the east this year, everyone should he a little better, a little older, or not much worse. They will be in tough. Not to mention teams like Milwaukee and Washington aren't going anyway and will want to push hard to return to the playoffs.

The only pushovers next year seem to be Philly and bk. Everybody else has a lot of nice pieces. New York will be among a swath of teams that could win anywhere from low 30s to high 40s depending on various factors
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

LOL, alright, guess we shall have to wait and see. Still think Rose has some in the tank as does Noah when healthy. Melo finally a decent cast and KP another year under his belt. I think they could be really good. Totally see your points about the health issues.
                    Yeah, if everything breaks their way there is talent there and they could be much better. It's just such a huge if with that group and that franchise.

Comment

• I hope cojo doesnt leave - one of my favorite raptors ever

Comment

• Brooklyn trades Thaddeus Young to Indiana for #20 and a future second rounder, per Woj.

Comment

• Interesting moves by Indiana

Comment

• There goes that dream
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Wow, that's low value. Unless Brooklyn is just clearing cap space, in which case it makes sense why we couldn't make a Thad deal.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• KJ would be a good, cheap add.

Comment

Working...
                                X