The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Luckily we can't afford either of Waiters or Monroe...
    i think it was a trade idea. unless i missed Monroe getting bought out.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      i think it was a trade idea. unless i missed Monroe getting bought out.
      No you haven't missed that bit of news that Monroe was bought out. He is still under contract in the land of Laverne and Shirley .

One of the stray musings by a poster was would either of he or Waiters be good acquistions for the Raps..

Used to be a big Monroe supporter but not so much now... His motor needs a tune up. He makes ~17M and to make the trade work on salary we would be shipping out a few players we may not want to for the return it would net us in GM.

Waiters is now a UFA and is going to be looking for 4/64 to 4/72 type deal. We don't have the space for that kind of a deal.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
        I do not know about threes or consistency but Green made one incredible shot against us in the playoffs where he levitated from one side of the lane to other. I do not believe I saw it in top 10 plays of the week but it deserved to be there. He did have some useful years for the suns when they were a better team.
        A police report from earlier this year says Miami Heat guard Gerald Green punched a man, was combative with paramedics and eventually needed to be handcuffed just so rescue personnel could transport him to a trauma center. He got suspended for a couple of games by the Heat for this Markieff Morriss like behaviour. Think we would want to steer clear of this summa cum laude graduate of AssMuppet State.

Not sure Prince has anything left in the tank..

Any of Anderson and Gee and Budinger for the vet minimum of 2.5 would fill in the last roster spot as the backup 3.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• I would like Alonzo gee. Athletic and can hit the 3.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
            I would like Alonzo gee. Athletic and can hit the 3.
            Gee is athletic and suited for an uptempo offence where he can score in transition. Don't see us going that direction.

As for his 3 pt shooting - 28% last year, sub 33% career.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              A police report from earlier this year says Miami Heat guard Gerald Green punched a man, was combative with paramedics and eventually needed to be handcuffed just so rescue personnel could transport him to a trauma center. He got suspended for a couple of games by the Heat for this Markieff Morriss like behaviour. Think we would want to steer clear of this summa cum laude graduate of AssMuppet State.

Not sure Prince has anything left in the tank..

Any of Anderson and Gee and Budinger for the vet minimum of 2.5 would fill in the last roster spot as the backup 3.
              talented fellow but troubled

Comment

• Alonzo Gee would be my first choice just because he could guard the bigger wings; currently we have TRoss as the backup 2/3, as of right now more of the backup 3 as i can see Norm getting more minutes at the 2.

Budinger/Dorell can shoot, but can they defend?

Green has the talent but same as TRoss, inconsistent and also the off court issues scare me.

And Alan Anderson...lol i wonder what Casey would say about that hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Not overly enthused by any of the vet min candidates. At this point giving the last spot to a training camp invite or going into the season with 14 doesn't sound like the worst idea. Largely doesnt matter, i just think of a Greg Steisma type in that 15th slot anyway, although the veteran presence may help out those young guys.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    Not overly enthused by any of the vet min candidates. At this point giving the last spot to a training camp invite or going into the season with 14 doesn't sound like the worst idea. Largely doesnt matter, i just think of a Greg Steisma type in that 15th slot anyway, although the veteran presence may help out those young guys.
                    Ray Allen?

Comment

• After losing JJ, I think think we need a combo guy who can guard 3/4, which is becoming so important in the NBA. For 15th man, I'd take a flyer on Melvin Ejim, who is following a similar career path as PJ Tucker, but with a lot more athleticism.

It didn't work out with Bennett, but Ejim is a completely different animal when it comes to work ethic and playing hard.

Comment

• Just sign Dorell Wright and call it a day
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Seeing Boston being dubbed a contender next year, with no mention of the Raps anywhere ... makes me puke a little in my mouth.

I'm not at all convinced about Boston yet. Especially considering the pieces they've lost.

Comment

• Love the idea of adding Dorrell Wright to the bench. I think he'd be a great add.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Seeing Boston being dubbed a contender next year, with no mention of the Raps anywhere ... makes me puke a little in my mouth.

I'm not at all convinced about Boston yet. Especially considering the pieces they've lost.
                              Anyone who thinks Boston is a contender is a basketball moron.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Anyone who thinks Boston is a contender is a basketball moron.
                                Until I see a few games I have them pegged as somwhere between 6th and 9th in the East. 1st round exit
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X