The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Dude, if you are trading Cousins right now, who's your first call?
    The Sixers (picks and young bigs w/ potential to replace Cousins long term.)

Comment

• Remember, it's not necessarily the players they have drafted that are really appealing, it's the players they can still draft that teams might really be interested in. They got some good picks coming up. And some decent role players...they did win 48 games last year with a team full of Bradley's and Smarts and Sullingers.

Comment

• Sign Dwayne Dedmon --> Basically his our backup C
        Sign Terrence Jones --> Remaining left MLE

Trade Ross, Patterson, Rights to Jakob Poeltl to Philly for Nerlens Noel, Robert Covington, Nik Stauskas, 2017 1st round pick (Lottery Top 3 Protected).

Our Lineups
        Lowry, Joseph, Wright
        DeRozan, Powell, Stauskas
        DMC, Covington, Bruno
        Noel, TJones, Siakam
        Val, Dedmon, Bebe

Philly Lineups
        Caanan
        Ross
        Saric
        Simmons/Patterson
        Okafor/Poeltl/Embiid

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
          Sign Dwayne Dedmon --> Basically his our backup C
          Sign Terrence Jones --> Remaining left MLE

Trade Ross, Patterson, Rights to Jakob Poeltl to Philly for Nerlens Noel, Robert Covington, Nik Stauskas, 2017 1st round pick (Lottery Top 3 Protected).

Our Lineups
          Lowry, Joseph, Wright
          DeRozan, Powell, Stauskas
          DMC, Covington, Bruno
          Noel, TJones, Siakam
          Val, Dedmon, Bebe

Philly Lineups
          Caanan
          Ross
          Saric
          Simmons/Patterson
          Okafor/Poeltl/Embiid
          If we're signing TJones, we should hold onto Ross. A childhood friend might help both of them. Also, that's a boatload of assets to give up for Noel, who doesn't really fit that well beside JV, and Covington, who's basically a worse version of Ross.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Yeah Brooklyn is still in all likelihood bringing a pick between 1 and 5, this year and next
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• no, it's not. Ross is garbage and his picked by Bryan Colangelo, as for Patterson, he was traded to the Raptors by BC so both would fit well as a backup role for the Sixers, maybe Ross can start and find his groove for the Sixers, which they are a young team. Poeltl would be a decent backup C for the Sixers.

As for the Raptors, we are getting Noel who can become our future 4, he fits well with JV. Covington is way ahead of Ross, and could be our backup SF and starting SF if Carroll gets injured again. the real prize is getting that lottery pick for next year. I believe the Sixers will get better but will be back in the lottery and we will be getting a top 5-10 pick (next year, there are many talents) especially at PG, we can draft a top PG to replace Lowry.

Comment

no, it's not. Ross is garbage and his picked by Bryan Colangelo, as for Patterson, he was traded to the Raptors by BC so both would fit well as a backup role for the Sixers, maybe Ross can start and find his groove for the Sixers, which they are a young team. Poeltl would be a decent backup C for the Sixers.

As for the Raptors, we are getting Noel who can become our future 4, he fits well with JV. Covington is way ahead of Ross, and could be our backup SF and starting SF if Carroll gets injured again. the real prize is getting that lottery pick for next year. I believe the Sixers will get better but will be back in the lottery and we will be getting a top 5-10 pick (next year, there are many talents) especially at PG, we can draft a top PG to replace Lowry.
                BC didn't trade for Patterson. Masai did.

Secondly, Noel doesn't fit well with JV. He doesn't have any stretch game, further crowds the paint for JV and DeMar. Covington is a catch and shoot guy who is worse at it than Ross.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  The Sixers (picks and young bigs w/ potential to replace Cousins long term.)
                  true, so you got philly and Bos as front runners. Philly got the Lakers 2017 (protected 1-3), Sac's 2017 (protected 11-30) and Sac 2019 1st plus their own picks (lottery for the foreseeable). BOS has BKN 2017 and 2018, and possibly the Clips and Grizz 2019 1sts. Yeah, Philly might be the better option for a Cousins trade.

Comment

• I wonder if Trey Lyles is gettable
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

no, it's not. Ross is garbage and his picked by Bryan Colangelo, as for Patterson, he was traded to the Raptors by BC so both would fit well as a backup role for the Sixers, maybe Ross can start and find his groove for the Sixers, which they are a young team. Poeltl would be a decent backup C for the Sixers.

.... we aren't getting their lakers pick..... additionallywhile I like covington I would rather keep ross... and poetl... Poetl looks good so why would you trade him this early in the game. Noel doesn't help our ability to stretch the floor

Comment

• I'd take my chances with molding poeltl into a pf before Noel
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          Keep forgetting the Celtics have all these young guys. Why haven't we traded for Olynyk yet?
                          what ya offering? the problem with trading with BOS as far as I can tell, is that they have too many players and prospects to deal with. They really need to consolidate some of those assets into less, but better, players ideally. And we really don't have anything they might want that can facilitate that consolidation.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I'd take my chances with molding poeltl into a pf before Noel
                            I don't see poeltl at 4 with jv but I could next to noel in 2nd unit

Comment

• Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                If we're signing TJones, we should hold onto Ross. A childhood friend might help both of them. Also, that's a boatload of assets to give up for Noel, who doesn't really fit that well beside JV, and Covington, who's basically a worse version of Ross.
                                Ross and Jones are more likely dumb and dumber than figuring it out. Ross is not better than roco esp. 1/10 the price. Save the BS cherry picking. We got an outside shot at the LA pick if we traded Lowry. Id do demar too.
                                We closer to borderline losing to a garbage pacers team than 2 wins against cavs. Esp. Without biz.

Comment

Working...
                                X