The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
    I hope so. I love JV but I would gladly trade him for Boogie. OORRRR potentially Blake Griffin.
    Boogie absolutely 100%. Blake.. no thanks.

Comment

• I could see us throwing 4/28 at Derrick Williams

There is a player in there that I think could be really good.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        I could see us throwing 4/28 at Derrick Williams

There is a player in there that I think could be really good.
        I like it. But can we afford him?

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
          That's essentially the MLE (4/24), which is what we can afford.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
            i think it may work out but we may have to lower the amoutn maybe 25/4 with 4.5 annual raises

Comment

• That said, not a fan of Williams. Has consistently been a terrible defensive impact player.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                That said, not a fan of Williams. Has consistently been a terrible defensive impact player.
                his development track has been terrible, but he has the athleticism and strength to be a 4
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  his development track has been terrible, but he has the athleticism and strength to be a 4
                  As does Anthony Bennett. It's not enough. If we are going to go with unproven upside, let's try Siakam or Poeltl. If we are adding something, let's make sure it is something useful.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                    Offensively he looks good. Concern for me would be who he could guard defensively. He can't keep many guys in front of him.
                    He is pretty solid on defence he knows how to put himself in a position to take away something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• wow boogie really underrated by many here

Comment

• Trying to figure out the delay in signing guys. DeMar isn't signed yet, and neither are the rooks. Suggests at least some possibility of using cap space.

Now, signing a free agent makes little sense unless there is a salary clearing trade first. Moving Ross is possible, and that could clear up to 15M in cap room, which would be interesting (even though there are few viable free agent options left).

But setting that aside, the other scenario where cap room would be helpful is in a small salary trade. In a trade with 10M or more going out, you can take back 5M excess salary just through trade rules, so if Ross is the guy being traded, that cap space doesn't help you at all. But in a trade with less than 10M going out, the excess amount you can take back with trade rules is only 50% - so a trade for a 7M salary, for example, would require the Raps to send out 4.6M, an awkward amount for the Raps (as they have mostly small salary prospects and larger salary contributors).

But with 5.5M in cap room, they can take back 5.6M more than they send out. Meaning they can trade $0 for $5.6M. Or, for example, Nogueira (1.9M) for 7.5M. Other prospects like Wright or Bruno are closer to 1.5M (so 7.1M return salary). Poeltl and Siakam can't be traded as salary as they haven't signed yet (there is a 30 day wait once they do). Powell we'll assume is off the table. I wonder what targets there might be at <7.5M? I'm going to go searching.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                          wow boogie really underrated by many here
                          Dude has league MVP potential.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Trying to figure out the delay in signing guys. DeMar isn't signed yet, and neither are the rooks. Suggests at least some possibility of using cap space.

Now, signing a free agent makes little sense unless there is a salary clearing trade first. Moving Ross is possible, and that could clear up to 15M in cap room, which would be interesting (even though there are few viable free agent options left).

But setting that aside, the other scenario where cap room would be helpful is in a small salary trade. In a trade with 10M or more going out, you can take back 5M excess salary just through trade rules, so if Ross is the guy being traded, that cap space doesn't help you at all. But in a trade with less than 10M going out, the excess amount you can take back with trade rules is only 50% - so a trade for a 7M salary, for example, would require the Raps to send out 4.6M, an awkward amount for the Raps (as they have mostly small salary prospects and larger salary contributors).

But with 5.5M in cap room, they can take back 5.6M more than they send out. Meaning they can trade $0 for $5.6M. Or, for example, Nogueira (1.9M) for 7.5M. Other prospects like Wright or Bruno are closer to 1.5M (so 7.1M return salary). Poeltl and Siakam can't be traded as salary as they haven't signed yet (there is a 30 day wait once they do). Powell we'll assume is off the table. I wonder what targets there might be at <7.5M? I'm going to go searching.
                            OK, PF, C or SF/PF contracts for 3M to 7.5M (BeBe can bring back 3M under trade rules, so keeping cap space wouldn't be for a target like that):

Al Farouq Aminu
                            Channing Frye
                            Ed Davis
                            Boris Diaw (Utah could in theory flip him)
                            Carl Landry
                            Aron Baynes
                            Josh McRoberts
                            Spencer Hawes
                            Brandan Wright
                            Nikola Mirotic
                            Josh Smith
                            Cody Zeller
                            Jae Crowder
                            Otto Porter
                            Jabari Parker
                            Cody Zeller
                            PJ Tucker
                            Marcus Morris
                            Jonas Jerebko
                            Alex Len
                            Joel Embiid
                            Jahlil Okafor
                            Kris Humphries
                            Alexis Ajinca
                            Nerlens Noel
                            Aaron Gordon
                            Kristaps Porzingis
                            Nemanja Bjelica
                            Lavoy Allen
                            Kyle O'Quinn
                            Nick Collison

Aaaand I'm bored and going to stop. That's about 4M-7.5M. Many of those are clearly not trade candidates, many others I have no interest in. There are some interesting options though.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Not sure if Chicago has any room but what about bebe for Felicio? Bulls have a lot of pf but not really a backup c.

Comment

• Alright Bebe for Jabari Parker, get it done Masai.

Comment

Working...
                                X