No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't seen any speculation really about DD taking a 1+1 contract so he can get his big contract when the cap goes up again, is that just because everyone thinks he wants to be locked up longterm or what? Is it just not enough money to be worth the risk of injury?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      Haven't seen any speculation really about DD taking a 1+1 contract so he can get his big contract when the cap goes up again, is that just because everyone thinks he wants to be locked up longterm or what? Is it just not enough money to be worth the risk of injury?
      It different from Durant, who is potentially getting a raise due to the cap rising again AND because he hit his 10th year of service (higher max salary). And even Durant is waffling on the choice. Security means a lot.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Dan, blue sky question for you: Let's say Durant was already 100% dead set on coming to Toronto as a FA. And OKC is now in a scramble to recoup some assets. If we were to do a trade before July 1st, would we still get his Bird Rights?

Something like this works in trade machine, prior to July 1st when JJ & Scola become FAs:

JJ, Scola, Ross, Joseph + Bebe? + draft picks? to OKC
        KD to Toronto

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jf9v95r

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Whichever direction Memphis is going, they have Conley's Bird Rights. And if they choose a different direction, Rick Carlisle's team has space and the need for a PG.

Sorry, DS, I just don't see Conley thinking of Philly as a fit.
          It's tough being a contrarian ...
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• any ideas on the market value of Nicholson?
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Dan, blue sky question for you: Let's say Durant was already 100% dead set on coming to Toronto as a FA. And OKC is now in a scramble to recoup some assets. If we were to do a trade before July 1st, would we still get his Bird Rights?

Something like this works in trade machine, prior to July 1st when JJ & Scola become FAs:

JJ, Scola, Ross, Joseph + Bebe? + draft picks? to OKC
              KD to Toronto

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jf9v95r
              Durant can't be traded now. It's past the trade deadline in the final year of his deal. Can't trade pending FA's after the deadline (including potential pending FA's, with player options).

So, we can't trade JJ or Scola either, same reason.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                any ideas on the market value of Nicholson?
                Has to be low, with him not getting a QO. I imagine the MLE this year is equivalent to the Room MLE last year, so he's a candidate for that (like Biyombo got the Room with us last year). The upside of the MLE is you can offer a longer deal and get Bird Rights at the end of it, but if Nicholson is hoping to pump his value and re-enter the fray he might not be open to that. I'd personally only sign him to a 3 year deal, if he wants a Biyombo special I say no.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Celtics are planning a meeting with D12.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Has to be low, with him not getting a QO. I imagine the MLE this year is equivalent to the Room MLE last year, so he's a candidate for that (like Biyombo got the Room with us last year). The upside of the MLE is you can offer a longer deal and get Bird Rights at the end of it, but if Nicholson is hoping to pump his value and re-enter the fray he might not be open to that. I'd personally only sign him to a 3 year deal, if he wants a Biyombo special I say no.
                    I'd offer him a 1 + 1, I doubt he'd get a better offer than that.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                      I'd offer him a 1 + 1, I doubt he'd get a better offer than that.
                      Yeah, but what I'm saying is I wouldn't offer him a 1+1. You end up screwed like we are with Biyombo now if you take a chance on a guy and he proves you right.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I'd rather give the minutes to Pascal before Nicholsan.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Celtics are planning a meeting with D12.
                          I don't really see the fit unless he's okay with a similar role he had in Houston. But if he was then he would probably just resign with Houston since they are further ahead in competitiveness than is Boston. Plus he's not a big fan of the cold according to previous statements.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Celtics are planning a meeting with D12.
                            Dwight would immediately vault the Celtics into 50 win territory and make them a contender in the East. They managed to win 48 games without a star, top 10 scorer or rebounder, and cobbled together a top 5 defence without anything remotely resembling rim protection or lane intimidation. Is he the superstar 20 and 10 machine he was earlier in his career? No. But he's still a major defensive presence and there's nothing stopping him from getting 17 and 10 on a nightly basis so long as he stays healthy. I daresay it would move them ahead of the Raptors as well.

Comment

• Sinbad wrote: View Post
                              Dwight would immediately vault the Celtics into 50 win territory and make them a contender in the East. They managed to win 48 games without a star, top 10 scorer or rebounder, and cobbled together a top 5 defence without anything remotely resembling rim protection or lane intimidation. Is he the superstar 20 and 10 machine he was earlier in his career? No. But he's still a major defensive presence and there's nothing stopping him from getting 17 and 10 on a nightly basis so long as he stays healthy. I daresay it would move them ahead of the Raptors as well.

The one thing that holds Dwight back...is.....Dwight.
                              He has cut and run on every team he has joined...
                              He left the Magic..the Lakers...and now it appears...the Rockets...all on less than good terms.
                              From this cheap seat the Celts would be taking a risk they might regret on taking in a locker room problem

Maybe Dwight signs with the Kings as they seem to be collecting Centres...
                              Boogie
                              Cauley Stein
                              Koufos
                              The 13th pick in this years draft
                              Dwight...

The Kings could innovate with BigBall and start five centres
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Jun 29, 2016, 11:28 AM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• To be fair, the Lakers and Rockets were a mess

Comment

Working...
                                X