The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Wait. Durant didn't come to Toronto? But I thought last week someone guaranteed he was coming here and we just needed to trust him?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Wait. Durant didn't come to Toronto? But I thought last week someone guaranteed he was coming here and we just needed to trust him?

Comment

• OKC has to be really considering trading Westbrook now. Cant see them taking a bet on the mere possibility he would select them in free agency. To lose him for nothing...again...would be disastrous. Yet they are unlikely to get a ransom with him just having 1 year left.

Comment

lmfaoooo

Comment

• https://twitter.com/khristen/status/...179392/video/1
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              point is DD wasn't loyal. DD got PAID.
              Wait, don't they all? He was eligible for $153M. There were a bunch of teams wanting to talk to him but he opted to not do that and stick with the Raptors. I get what you're trying to say but I think it's inaccurate. There were a bunch of team who could give him what the Raptors gave him and judging by some of the crazy shit that came after, a bunch of teams who definitely would have given him that much money.

Comment

• never agreed with stephen a. smith more.
                http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:16762272

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                  OKC has to be really considering trading Westbrook now. Cant see them taking a bet on the mere possibility he would select them in free agency. To lose him for nothing...again...would be disastrous. Yet they are unlikely to get a ransom with him just having 1 year left.
                  they are looking at trading him to the wolves for lavine, wiggins and rubio... so yeah...

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                    No, because Orlando and LA already *used* their cap space.

I mean, look who has a lot of cap space left right now:

- Philly. Has so many bigs they're trying to trade them away.
                    - Brooklyn. Has Brook Lopez and Justin Hamilton.
                    - Denver. Has Nurkic and Jokic.
                    - Phoenix. Has Tyson Chandler and Alex Len.
                    - Utah. Has Rudy Gobert.
                    - Minnesota. Has KAT, Dieng and Pek.

The teams that still have money to give Festus Ezeli a big day most likely aren't going to to give him one, because they mostly have better options at center whom they pay less money for. Maybe Phoenix takes a flier on Festus in the hopes that Tyson Chandler can teach him some things, maybe Utah pays him backup money. But he's not getting $20m a year. That ship sailed.
                    Minnesota might - I think Pek is gone, one way or another.

But yeah, there are fewer buyers now and less competition.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                      they are looking at trading him to the wolves for lavine, wiggins and rubio... so yeah...
                      Lavine and Rubio ok.... wouldn't give them Wiggins at all...
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        was the source abbas?

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

Minnesota signed Cole Aldrich. They don't need another big
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post

I get that but before Biz blew up Ezeli was the young, raw centre to get. He ain't going cheap. We'll see where he ends up but I'm guessing he still he gets a ~$18M contract from someone.

Comment

That was tongue in cheek, the guilty party knows who he is.

Comment

• So I guess this means Harrison Barnes is getting a max deal from the Mavs?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X