The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Is he a good team culture guy? He was clashing with front office and coaches , not at an insane level, but because of his lack of commitment to conditioning.

Well, young Scola is who we chose. Get ready to try and hide him defensively every time he's on the court, and get used to crappy shooting nights often enough.

Unless sully loses 40 lbs, then he might actually be worth it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    He had really solid impact stats, and teammates loved him in Boston.

"He’s a great guy first of all. He’s a great person to have in the locker room with the jokes," Rozier said after being informed of Boston's decision to move on from Sullinger after the Celtics' morning shootaround in Las Vegas. "He’s definitely a guy that you’ll notice if he’s not around. Obviously, you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do. I didn’t really know until just now about him becoming an unrestricted free agent. But best of luck with everything. And I know he’ll be fine. He works hard, he’s a great person off the court."
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Per BBRef,
      15-16 14% PF, 86% C,
      14-15 60% PF, 40% C.

He can replace Biz minutes at C plus get time at the 4. All conjecture at this point though.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        I'm not super high on Sullinger, but...

Costs us nothing, and gives us more depth, and he's a good team culture and glue guy.

Can't really complain about that.
        where do you get that from?

only accounts i've ever seen are him clashing a little bit with coaches (not overly detrimentally, but not negligible). Couple that with the fact that he's never bothered to get in shape, and i don't see how he's a "good culture" guy.

Can't see it working much better than Luis if he's starting beside JV. And if it does work very well we lose him next summer anyways.

Oh well. on the upside, he's definitely skilled and gives us an option in the bench.
        Last edited by KHD; Mon Jul 11, 2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Nice, I'm a fan of Sullinger, this is a great pickup, and between Pat and him the 4 spot is finally competent.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            where do you get that from?

only accounts i've ever seen are him clashing a little bit with coaches (not overly detrimentally, but not negligible). Couple that with the fact that he's never bothered to get in shape, and i don't see how he's a "good culture" guy.

Can't see it working much better than Luis if he's starting beside JV.
            PPat should start in this case

Comment

• I like the Sullinger acquisition. We finally have a legit low-post scoring threat. If used correctly, this should help balance our guard-heavy offense.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I like the Sullinger acquisition. We finally have a legit low-post scoring threat. If used correctly, this should help balance our guard-heavy offense.
                His 'passed to in the paint/post' stats are awful. Way worse than JV's.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                  assuming make no more moves who makes the twelve dressed?? although I think we will make one for a shooter but Masai may not unless it is very attractive.
                  Poeltl just received a memo from Casey stating that he's shit out of luck. Pure speculation on my part. LOL

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    We still have 1 open roster spot, no?
                    SCOLA at 2 million

Comment

I like the Sullinger acquisition. We finally have a legit low-post scoring threat. If used correctly, this should help balance our guard-heavy offense.
                      not sure if you're making a joke here or not?

Comment

• lol It's clear opinions vary. All over the place.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          I don't see it. Dire need at the 4 and everybody knows it. Drafted a 7 footer at 9. Invested 2 years in another 7 footer. I'm sure he'll see small ball center time but I think mostly he's our new and improved scola
                          Too slow at the 4, poor infrequent 3 point shooter. Sullinger lives in the paint and played most of his minutes in Boston in the middle. Nogueira and Poetl are not capable back ups.

Comment

they are going to make him scola. it is the easiest position to come into on our team.

1. suck at defence
                            2. shoot open threes

he can do both of these things better than scola, in the case of defense sucking slightly less.

edit add. pat 1st big off the bench and the peoltl at the 5. i am starting to think they will clone jv with poeltl

Comment

• Jared Sullinger is about 45 pounds too heavy to have any hope of playing the 4 competently.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                Jared Sullinger is about 45 pounds too heavy to have any hope of playing the 4 competently.
                                He can be our Diaw

Comment

Working...
                                X