The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    No LBJ brought a winning culture to that lookeroom. Stuff that Kyrie and Love didn't understand.
    LeBron pushed his head coach out of the league, and sent out passive aggressive messages to his team mates every other week. the cavs survived two years, until the playoffs because they had LBJ as well as other talented bball players. Its not bad, not every team needs to have an organizational culture like the Spurs, look at kobe and shaq, they won several championships because of their talent.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      LeBron pushed his head coach out of the league, and sent out passive aggressive messages to his team mates every other week. the cavs survived two years, until the playoffs because they had LBJ as well as other talented bball players. Its not bad, not every team needs to have an organizational culture like the Spurs, look at kobe and shaq, they won several championships because of their talent.
      Lebron is a great teamate and probably one of the best leaders in the league.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Kyrie wasn't a winner before LBJ came back and changed the culture in Cleveland.
        Kyrie wasn't a headcase as far as I know.

Comment

• I don't see Cousins being the best player on a contending team. I don't care about management. People are calling him an MVP talent....ok well how many such players take years and years just to win 30+ games?

If he's such a player I don't care if the team is being managed by that monkey who picks playoff winners by spinning a wheel and his teammates are a bunch of blind one armed men with chronic vertigo, his team's performance is totally unacceptable if he's supposedly that level of player.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I don't see Cousins being the best player on a contending team. I don't care about management. People are calling him an MVP talent....ok well how many such players take years and years just to win 30+ games?

If he's such a player I don't care if the team is being managed by that monkey who picks playoff winners by spinning a wheel and his teammates are a bunch of blind one armed men with chronic vertigo, his team's performance is totally unacceptable if he's supposedly that level of player.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
            I see him a bit like James Harden in that sense

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
              Kyrie wasn't a headcase as far as I know.
              Someone was trying to discredit DMC's talent because the Kings never made the playoffs. I used Kyrie as an example of a talented young player not being able to win.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

And you know it's true because Lebron has said it himself so often.

Kidding aside, he does have his weaknesses in a couple areas but they can easily be overlooked.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

By all accounts Scola was a great team mate, hes not changing the culture of a team. I don't doubt that LBJ is a leader or that he is a good team mate (when his team is winning) but that doesn't change the culture of an organization. Cleveland is a winning team because they have so much talent, i have seen no evidence to say otherwise.

Comment

Someone was trying to discredit DMC's talent because the Kings never made the playoffs. I used Kyrie as an example of a talented young player not being able to win.
                    I don't think anyone is arguing DMC isn't talented.. but there's a big line to draw between being talented and a potential league MVP.

Comment

• Speights has signed a vet minimum deal with the Clippers

Comment

I thought I heard rumblings from some pod (maybe Zach Lowes from a while ago) that the Bucks weren't convinced on the Giannis/Jabari core, so Jabari could be available for the right price. TBH I probably heard what I wanted, and when you don't think about it, Bebe for Jabari makes too much sense.
                        Bucks might listen if we flipped them noel. Have to be some other moving parts tho.

Comment

• Maybe the best bet is to sign both James Johnson and Tyler Hansbrough. They're both cheap now, known quantities, used to limited roles in the Toronto system, good for the culture, and, if you can figure out which one of them will give you a good game on a given night, they could be a very respectable back-up platoon at the 4. Hansbrough is useful as a third-string center too.

Comment

• Beagle wrote: View Post
                            Maybe the best bet is to sign both James Johnson and Tyler Hansbrough. They're both cheap now, known quantities, used to limited roles in the Toronto system, good for the culture, and, if you can figure out which one of them will give you a good game on a given night, they could be a very respectable back-up platoon at the 4. Hansbrough is useful as a third-string center too.
                            Why Hansbrough instead of J.Thompson?

Comment

• No thanks to Tyler.. he'd get way too many minutes for my liking. Would prefer to just have Poeltl or even Pascal in there instead. I'd love to have JJ back though.

I sense a trade as well. Probably one that nobody thought of. The hard thing about this season is that most teams want to try to contend. Not a lot of teams are giving up good vets for young prospects or picks. Most teams want to make the playoffs after years without getting in. Chicago was supposed to be that team that took a step back but with Wade there that's not happening. Brooklyn feels like the only team that's tanking but they have no pick.

Best thing Masai can do is grab a few tradeable players.. doesn't have to be a PF. Then flip them after Christmas for something better when teams are out of the hunt.

Comment

The Lakers also happened to have arguably the greatest basketball coach of all time. It wasn't just talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X