The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess wrote: View Post
    I think those 2 players would laugh in your face if you offered them those contracts.
    Yeah. Honestly, I'm expecting Jared Dudley to be close to $10mil, and JT to be in the $8mil range.

Remember... 1.2 billion dollars in cap space.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Hypothetically if we can land Gasol or Biz for the same price, which would you guys rather

Comment

• What about Pau Gasol as starting 4? Yeah he's old but 2 year contract limit his minutes? DanH I

Comment

• DanH can you comment on CAVS cap implications for next session?

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
            DanH can you comment on CAVS cap implications for next session?
            http://sports.yahoo.com/news/summer-...153540529.html

Comment

DanH can you comment on CAVS cap implications for next session?
              If Cavs renounce all free agents, including LeBron, they can get down to ~75m in committed salary. Then clear another 1.5m by non-guaranteeing Dahntay Jones, and another 800k by declining Jordan McRae's team option.

Realistically, the Cavs are just plain over the cap, because they aren't renouncing all those cap holds to get there. Just JR Smith and LeBron's cap holds put them over the cap.

Comment

• Had an interesting though. Another cheap-ish vet (besides the previously mentioned VC) Masai could (potentially) look at to replace Scola (not his playing time per say, but his mentor role) is Boris Diaw.

The next 2 years of his contract are for $7M & $7.5M but they are not guaranteed. If the Spurs land a bigger fish (not physically of course) I imagine he'll be dead weight to them. His production has been getting lighter (the only thing that is) and there looks to be a potential glut in the frontcourt now so there may not be room for a glutton. I wouldn't want him taking a heavy minutes load but as a side dish in some lineups he could prove valuable to have.

(PS: I am being serious but can't help myself. Also can't resist smiling at the thought of a Bebe&Boris lineup)
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                  Had an interesting though. Another cheap-ish vet (besides the previously mentioned VC) Masai could (potentially) look at to replace Scola (not his playing time per say, but his mentor role) is Boris Diaw.

The next 2 years of his contract are for $7M & $7.5M but they are not guaranteed. If the Spurs land a bigger fish (not physically of course) I imagine he'll be dead weight to them. His production has been getting lighter (the only thing that is) and there looks to be a potential glut in the frontcourt now so there may not be room for a glutton. I wouldn't want him taking a heavy minutes load but as a side dish in some lineups he could prove valuable to have.

(PS: I am being serious but can't help myself. Also can't resist smiling at the thought of a Bebe&Boris lineup)
                  I'm just not sure I'd want to eat his contract should he not be able to consume the minutes load he has in San Antonio.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    Hypothetically if we can land Gasol or Biz for the same price, which would you guys rather
                    Neither. Don't overpay a one way player. Get a better two way option or go bargain hunting.

Caveat is if Gasol will take a cheaper deal than Biz to play for a team he thinks can contend. Biyombo seems guaranteed to not be worth the price.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

What about Pau Gasol as starting 4? Yeah he's old but 2 year contract limit his minutes? DanH I
                      He's certainly an upgrade over Scola. No idea how the money would work though.

Comment

• No way Gasol settles for the MLE. And Pau is more C than PF nowadays. I don't think I'd want to give him the 10M+ (probably much more) that would be needed.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                            My guess (assuming its a bigger name)?

Batum.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                              My guess (assuming its a bigger name)?

Batum.
                              Sounds like Batum to me too

Could be Deng

Ill keep dreaming its Durant though lol

Comment

• twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X