The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i think the idea of trading lowry is not good. the idea that we trade him and then he comes back is dumb. if we trade lowry we are in for a shitty year. by far our best player.

i like the idea of favours
    It would be a sacrifice, for sure. Lowry is in his prime and he is the soul of the team. But what if next year Lowry isn't as loyal as DeMar and gets thrown an offer he cant refuse. We'd get Durant'd and probably have to make some major moves.
    Last edited by c-troop; Wed Jul 6, 2016, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
      They're not trading their two best power forwards (aged 24 and 20) for a one year rental of Lowry. They're just fine with Hill, Mack, and Exum at PG
      Dude, straight up Hill is trash compared to Lowry. I took Lyles out of the equation so it would be only Lowry for Favors. It could be tweaked. I don't think you're right. They are obviously not satisfied if they brought in Hill.
      Last edited by c-troop; Wed Jul 6, 2016, 03:32 AM.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        What? None of those players had that many ppg I don't need to look it up. Lowry would never resign here if he's traded and westbrook would never sign here period. Favors Lyles is a treadmill move, Lowry is arguably our best player of all time, indisputably top 3. That is a shitty return, 1 year left or not.
        ESPN says Lowry 21.2 ppg, Cojo 8.5 ppg , Hill 12.1 ppg

http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/players...05&season=2015

thats the site i compared the original stats. ^^^
        Last edited by c-troop; Wed Jul 6, 2016, 03:37 AM.

Comment

• I think Cojo is more than capable of filling Lowry's absence too

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
            I think Cojo is more than capable of filling Lowry's absence too
            heresy

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
              It would be a sacrifice, for sure. Lowry is in his prime and he is the soul of the team. But what if next year Lowry isn't as loyal as DeMar and gets thrown an offer he cant refuse. We'd get Durant'd and probably have to make some major moves.
              lowry already chose us once when he didn't have to, he could have went to miami to join a super team and didn't. he will again as long as we pay him, which we will be completely able to.

Comment

• I'm 99% certain Masai won't trade Lowry but you do have to consider his age/contract vs our core age vs lebrons window. I wouldnt trade him for favors but I'd consider the LA pick and some of Phillys pieces.
                To me jv should be the focus of the team. He's entering his prime and and there aren't too many players that will match him. Cousins, Drummond, maybe a couple more. Lowry has more competition at his position and he's older than many of them.
                It's easy for me to say and hard for masai to do but the reality is that one or two talents can dominate this game and you usually have to draft those players.
                This is also why I thought we should have moved up in the draft.

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                  I think Cojo is more than capable of filling Lowry's absence too
                  In what way do you see Cojo filling Lowry's absence, exactly? Did you watch any games last year?!
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                    Dude, George Hill is a bench player if you trade away Lowry for Favors. Look at New York for example, trading for D. Rose and then signing another PG, Brandon Jennings.

Last year Lowry had 27.5 ppg, CoJo had 16.0 ppg, and George Hill had 17.0 ppg...

The Raptors made it to the ECF with Lowry and a quality bench point guard in Joseph. Lowry/Hill would be much stronger with the Jazz' starting lineup than if they plan on starting Hill. If they keep Lyles it would strengthen the sales pitch.

In 2017 we could resign Lowry or sign the BPA.
                    We would still have DeRozan, Carroll, Val, and Favors. I think that core would look very desirable to a star point guard and there will be a few of them available.

Also, it would let D.Wright get more minutes and that could make him a better asset if he actually puts up some buckets.

Plus, Lebron will be one year older. Time is in our favour.
                    They already have lots of PGs. Doing your move is a win now play but they're not ready for that.

Comment

• Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        It may seem like that to you, but' that's only because you're overly impatient and negative. Because, let's be honest, you don't have a clue what the organization was prepared for. None of us do

You're just transferring your lack of foresight onto the organization .
                        I don't think I said anything there in a negative manner at all, but hey you're entitled to your opinion. I'm actually a pretty positive person or I'd be on this site for majority of the day arguing your rather rude comment.

Comment

• There is also to consider what the future would have been in Oklahoma City beyond this coming season if Durant had chosen to sign a one-and-one (a two-year contract with an option to leave next summer). With Westbrook set to become an unrestricted free agent in 2017, the long-term prospects for continuity did not appear great.

“He’s gone after this year,” said one league executive. “A hundred percent. I think that’s the case no matter what (Durant had decided). I guess people can always change their mind, but I think this season was going to be it for him there no matter what.”
                          http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c...ending_stories

The Thunder are screwed. I wouldn't be shocked if they flipped Westbrook for picks and prospects and played the tank game again.

Actually if they don't deal Westbrook it's their own fault because this is telegraphed.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

The Thunder are screwed. I wouldn't be shocked if they flipped Westbrook for picks and prospects and played the tank game again.

Actually if they don't deal Westbrook it's their own fault because this is telegraphed.
                            That's the other issue though. It's telegraphed, so how much value can they get? If they are lucky they'll find a team like the Knicks in the Melo trade, who will throw away assets for no reason. But even then the Knicks had assurances that there would be an extension for Melo in that trade. No such surety for any team trading for Westbrook. Even if Westbrook says he wants to be in a certain city, he's seemingly volatile enough that he might change his mind after a season there. Big risk for teams to give up assets for him.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

They already have lots of PGs. Doing your move is a win now play but they're not ready for that.
                              Yeah, you're probably right. I guess we gotta roll with what we have. Raptors kill me with their "gotta keep the guys together and grow as a team" mentality, especially when you see other teams throw talent together and win it all, time and time again.
                              It's frustrating seeing other players actually want to go to teams so they can chase championship rings while ignoring us completely. Nothing changed after getting to the ECF except the size of DeRozan's fat contract. And if the Vets don't see Toronto as a place they can win ... then how much confidence are we supposed to have with our team?

Comment

I wanna know how much OKC is gonna offer Lowry. Haha. The cap goes up again next season right?

Edit: And I'm not buying this "oh, he signed with us before" bologna. Lowry is getting older as well and if he feels that after 5 RINGLESS seasons in Toronto... he could leave us high 'n' dry.
                                Last edited by c-troop; Wed Jul 6, 2016, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X