X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley Beal 5 year 128 mill ---Woj

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
      Question though for you guys... If biz resigns what do we do?
      biz isn't re-signing.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Lin signed with the Nets? why would you even go near that team?
        Lin played his best ball when Nets head coach Atkinson was an assistant with the Knicks.

They had a very good relationship.

And the Nets are giving him llots of money.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• As much hand wringing that some people will have over Demar's contract, at least Demar has (to this point) shown that he's a durable player.

Contrast this to Bradley Beal, who like Demar, is the 'second fiddle' on his team, and who also signed a similar deal to Demar's

Comment

• LOL

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Gotta figure Lin could have gotten a lot more than 36 over 3.

Comment

• They could be meeting with Biz to discuss how much they can resign him for. From there they could make trade decisions or decide it's too much for him.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  Gotta figure Lin could have gotten a lot more than 36 over 3.
                  probably but he was likely searching out that starting role.
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                    Oh, good lord. Masai wasn't forced to give DeMar a near-max deal. He gave DeMar a near-max deal because:

1. DeMar was getting it from somebody; that was the market rate.
                    2. DeMar is a pretty good player; it's an overpay, but not an egregious one considering the market.
                    3. It's important to the player community that teams demonstrate that they're not only places that are stable and competitive, but that they're franchises that will take care of their players. The Miami Heat sign many players not because of geography, but because they have a reputation for taking care of their loyal players. San Antonio has the same reputation. Kobe's final deal was the Lakers trying to demonstrate the same thing. It was important from a player relations perspective that DeMar - a loyal player who has done a lot for this team - be seen as being rewarded.
                    This is the biggest mis-conception that keeps getting tossed around, i.e., that Demar was getting "the max" market salary from somebody, regardless. He can only get a full max salary (both in years + annual rate) with the Raps. And the Raps are also a final 4 playoff team, so they can also offer winning.

So, tbh, it would have been a pretty dumb career move by Demar to leave "above market" money and a winning situation to go to the Lakers and Philly, for example.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                      If was interested in loyalty, he would not have asked for a contract that will cripple this team for his entire tenure.
                      Perhaps you should inform your employeer.. if you have one... that your willing to have your salary cut in half because the company could use the money and you don't want to cripple it by using up more than your share of the salary pool...
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• this deal does not cripple us.

Next year when we give Lowry the same deal is when we will be crippled, hopefully we will have manoeuvred into being a tax team by then and it won't matter
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I'm okay with what he signed for. He's not max, and if they structure it correctly it could get better as the years go on.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            Let's say DD signed a Batum deal instead of the deal he reportedly agreed to.

How and when would it impact the teams ability to fill out the roster?
                            I think DD gets more than Batum with taxes in mind....
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

• Why does anybody care about the money? It's MLSE's money. I assume it's because they are concerned about future flexibility. But the Raps have DeMar's Bird rights. Masai has said, time and time again, that he has been told he has free reign to spend. MLSE wants a championship. How much cap space will MU have to play with next year? If the Raps are willing to go into luxury tax territory, next year, when the cream of the crop free agents are available, and they have a stable of young talent on rookie scale contracts and players signed to reasonable contracts, how big a player can they be in free agency and how much ability will they have to take on big contracts in trades for picks and cheap contracts?

All the moaning is because people can't see how Masai is going to move the Raptors forward from here. Because we can't see it doesn't mean MU doesn't have a plan, and hasn't been planning for this day for the last 2-3 years.

Maybe I am insane and the moaners on this board are smarter than Masai...but I doubt it.

Trust in Masai.

Comment

• The only thing that makes me feel better is the fact that we signed JV last summer. Beal and Drummond are getting like $130/5

Comment

Working...
                                X