The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    As far as I know, Nurse didn't get a single interview this off-season, and there were lots of vacant coaching jobs. For sure, at least an interview with the Nets might have been expected. I wonder if there's a perception that he got bumped down to second assistant on the Raps bench, after Kamlamian?

Second point, I agree 1000%. In business, sport or any organization - you don't need a situation that requires "change" to bring in great, quality people. You are always on the lookout for them and snatch them up whenever you can and resources allow. Especially experienced ones. Great people always find a way to fit in and create value.

A guy like Casey, who has a tendency to be rigid, would seem to benefit from an experienced voice that he respects as an equal and who is willing to challenge him - although I would bet he doesn't particularly like that situation.
    Re Nurse... I thought he had an interview for the Indy job lined up but Ujiri who probably had an inkling he was going to lose Greer to his longtime running mate Thibedeau might have said no to that. He is under contract after all. Regardless of the jabs the Raps offense takes on these pages Nurse has had them as a top 10 offensive team for 3 years running. That would most likely get him the respect of his peers around the league.

Re DC: Now that he has put two notches on his lodge pole by way of playoff series wins and not seemingly having to coach for his job week to week, Dwane has the luxury of not only listening to council but actually putting some of that advice into play. Am looking forward to see if this plays out or not. I think it does as we saw glimpses of much better in game management during last years post season something Kalamian might have helped with.

Though I believe he has fallen upon hard times with his health I always hoped the Raps would have found a way to convince Jerry Sloan to take a part time role as an advisor much like Wayne Embry functions. As rigid as DC can be at times he wants to win. If a guy like a Jerry Sloan were made available I think the want to win trumps rigidity.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      Re Nurse... I thought he had an interview for the Indy job lined up but Ujiri who probably had an inkling he was going to lose Greer to his longtime running mate Thibedeau might have said no to that. He is under contract after all. Regardless of the jabs the Raps offense takes on these pages Nurse has had them as a top 10 offensive team for 3 years running. That would most likely get him the respect of his peers around the league.

Re DC: Now that he has put two notches on his lodge pole by way of playoff series wins and not seemingly having to coach for his job week to week, Dwane has the luxury of not only listening to council but actually putting some of that advice into play. Am looking forward to see if this plays out or not. I think it does as we saw glimpses of much better in game management during last years post season something Kalamian might have helped with.

Though I believe he has fallen upon hard times with his health I always hoped the Raps would have found a way to convince Jerry Sloan to take a part time role as an advisor much like Wayne Embry functions. As rigid as DC can be at times he wants to win. If a guy like a Jerry Sloan were made available I think the want to win trumps rigidity.
      I thought Wayne Embrys job was to think in a chair by the hallway to the locker room and look like a grizzled wise man

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I thought Wayne Embrys job was to think in a chair by the hallway to the locker room and look like a grizzled wise man

well that too .... great gig eh ?
        maybe thats part of his renumeration... his own table and chair to watch every home game.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Shaqtin...

Comment

• Bruno!

Comment

• Vegas' team wins over/under

Comment

• If I was a betting man, I'd be hitting the over on Charlotte hard. That's a massive drop for a team that didn't lose much.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• In the latest rumor, I have Lowry traded to Sixers for Jahlil Okafor. I mean sure maybe in the midseason because Lowry is getting old and his about to pass the torch to either Cory Joseph or Delon Wright, with the latter being a formidable starting PG for the Raptors when healthy that is. Okafor is compare to Tim Duncan and if he's the second coming of the Big Fundamental, we can't pass him by. Lowry has a good 3-4 years left in his tank and I believe Colangelo will give him a 3 year deal while we acquire a true C-PF for this team. With Okafor, we can trade Jonas V for an athletic PF or young player in development plus expiring contract.

Our Future
                  Wright/Joseph
                  DeRozan/Powell
                  DMC/Bruno
                  PF/Sullinger
                  Okafor/Poeltl

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                    In the latest rumor, I have Lowry traded to Sixers for Jahlil Okafor. I mean sure maybe in the midseason because Lowry is getting old and his about to pass the torch to either Cory Joseph or Delon Wright, with the latter being a formidable starting PG for the Raptors when healthy that is. Okafor is compare to Tim Duncan and if he's the second coming of the Big Fundamental, we can't pass him by. Lowry has a good 3-4 years left in his tank and I believe Colangelo will give him a 3 year deal while we acquire a true C-PF for this team. With Okafor, we can trade Jonas V for an athletic PF or young player in development plus expiring contract.

Our Future
                    Wright/Joseph
                    DeRozan/Powell
                    DMC/Bruno
                    PF/Sullinger
                    Okafor/Poeltl
                    tenforthewin strikes again...

Comment

In the latest rumor, I have Lowry traded to Sixers for Jahlil Okafor. I mean sure maybe in the midseason because Lowry is getting old and his about to pass the torch to either Cory Joseph or Delon Wright, with the latter being a formidable starting PG for the Raptors when healthy that is. Okafor is compare to Tim Duncan and if he's the second coming of the Big Fundamental, we can't pass him by. Lowry has a good 3-4 years left in his tank and I believe Colangelo will give him a 3 year deal while we acquire a true C-PF for this team. With Okafor, we can trade Jonas V for an athletic PF or young player in development plus expiring contract.

Our Future
                      Wright/Joseph
                      DeRozan/Powell
                      DMC/Bruno
                      PF/Sullinger
                      Okafor/Poeltl
                      This is the first time I've checked the forums in a couple of weeks, looks like I'll be staying away for a couple more. The offseason brings out the craziest in people.

Comment

Our Future
                        Wright/Joseph
                        DeRozan/Powell
                        DMC/Bruno
                        PF/Sullinger
                        Okafor/Poeltl

tenfortheloss
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          If I was a betting man, I'd be hitting the over on Charlotte hard. That's a massive drop for a team that didn't lose much.
                          Yeah, I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I'm missing with Charlotte. I don't feel like the East got that much better, and they return a lot of talent.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• is it basketball season yet?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              is it basketball season yet?
                              Nope
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Our Future
                                Wright/Joseph
                                DeRozan/Powell
                                DMC/Bruno
                                PF/Sullinger
                                Okafor/Poeltl
                                Is this an actual rumor or is this your own trade proposal & you just do not understand what a rumor is?

Because...

1. I have never seen anywhere at all to be rumored.
                                2. Even if it were it has to be one of the most bs rumors I have seen. There is not a chance in hell MLSE trades Lowry, who is THE biggest reason for the teams success after a record breaking amount of money they just grossed last year for the Toronto Raptors as a franchise for a just out of his rookie season C (when they also have JV as an aside) and especially when they need to start dulling out money to DD, Ross and JV next year....not to mention Masai and Casey.

If we trade for any young player, it will be younger players being shipped out. The Raptors are pretty damn near win now despite Masai words. Actions speak louder with all the contracts being thrown around and when the draft picks (outside of the Bruno strikeout) being all supposed more NBA ready players. Masai also keeps repeating that they want to win and want to win big. I actually like Okafor but the trade you are proposing has zero chance of happening. Maybe he could sell BC on CoJo + Bebe and or Bruno and both 2017 picks but MLSE is all about making money, this is well known fact.
                                Last edited by JamesNaismith; Thu Sep 22, 2016, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X