No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Boston has TOO many picks and teams are just waiting for them to get desperate.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Man the Celtics are really overrated. I mean their best player is an undersized guard who's barely an all star. Can't go far with that.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• the Celtics to me is like when you go in the kitchen because you are hungry, but all you have is ingredients and no food
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
          With all the draft selections that the Celtics got they can easily package a few of them and bring a few immediate star players if Durant signs with them.
          Time will tell.. but so far... Danny hasn't been able to get many takers for his draft picks ..

and when he is forced to use them... he hasn't been able to find a real difference maker with all those picks...so he has a team full of pretty good to good players... none of which singularly or in aggregate is enough to get an impact player via trade..

IF and its a big IF.. KD comes east ... it most likely will be to the snake oil salesman down in South Beach... and that may be a longshot as well...

Bosh is going to have to come back in full health.. and thats iffy after 2 years of shortened seasons..... .Wade is going to have to replicate his injury free year and Winslow and Richardson while playing important minutes as rookies still have a ways to go ....

Riley won't be able to afford Whiteside and Durant so Hassan would be gone... its a good team... but not a great team... Bosh and Wade and Deng suiting up are 14 years into their careers and Johnson would be 15 years in....
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Leuer for the MLE seems good to me. The guy moves around the court a lot and his stroke is pure. Like a longer 2Pat. Having him and 2pat as the main pf next season doesn't sound so bad to me.

It is an upgrade from Scola definitely..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
              Leuer for the MLE seems good to me. The guy moves around the court a lot and his stroke is pure. Like a longer 2Pat. Having him and 2pat as the main pf next season doesn't sound so bad to me.

It is an upgrade from Scola definitely..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Then let's do this.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                Man the Celtics are really overrated. I mean their best player is an undersized guard who's barely an all star. Can't go far with that.
                Agreed. Only reason they are good is because of Brad Stevens.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  the Celtics to me is like when you go in the kitchen because you are hungry, but all you have is ingredients and no food
                  Yeah.. they are the hamburger helper squad aren't they ? Lots of filler but no real substance.

Ainge knows this but you can't trade hamburger helper for real beef.... and his draft picks are a long list of Meh kinda players...It would appear his best option is to get a guy in free agency but one guy isn't going to take that eclectic mix players to the ECF let alone the Finals...
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• So is there no chance for raps to meet with KD after?

This is just day 1 options, will there be a day 2?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      Then let's do this.
                      No way, he will become Casey's favorite.

Comment

• Dwight Powell could be cheap. I like his athleticism

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          No way, he will become Casey's favorite.
                          I don't really care who's Casey's favorite as long as we don't go back to "ride or die..." thing.

Comment

• This little bit about Ibaka:

https://youtu.be/szqlQRx_iMI?t=320

...is the most forthright I've ever seen Masai about any move that wasn't made. I think the plan is to get Ibaka at the 4, either by making a trade with Orlando or by signing him next summer.
                            Last edited by JimiCliff; Sat Jun 25, 2016, 04:29 PM.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Well, that makes things pretty simple. If Masai offers enough for DeMar to say yes, he's coming back.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

Well, that makes things pretty simple. If Masai offers enough for DeMar to say yes, he's coming back.
                                Home grown discount baby or we flip you to Boston, first chance we get!

Comment

Working...
                                X