The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    I mean even if you have to give him around 4-6 million a year, that puts us down a hole next year. Unless we only sign him for a 1 year contract.
    A lot can change in a year and in terms of talent Beasley will be the best value on the market this summer in the small contracts.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      I think between Beasley and Carroll sliding over at times they have enough with Pat starting.

Beasley played some power forward at times in his career and he's 6'10", 235lbs. He knows how to rebound.
      I have never done any extensive back ground research on Beasley, but I've read that he is a utility SF/PF that can do almost everything except play consistent defence. I personally see the upside of having a player like that, especially during those games when Kyle and DeMar are just chucking up shots for the stat sheet. The only road block I see for him getting minutes would be Casey, and I am worried he would waste his talent.

Comment

• Beasley wasted his own talent. Dude needs to quit smoking weed.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Beasley wasted his own talent. Dude needs to quit smoking weed.
          Beasley makes more money than both of us and played basketball all over the world. I'm out of line. But he was still never Durant.

http://www.hothothoops.com/2013/8/6/...s-suspended-by

LOL he got arrested damn, hahaha
          Last edited by c-troop; Wed Jul 6, 2016, 05:10 PM. Reason: he got arrested

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
            I have never done any extensive back ground research on Beasley, but I've read that he is a utility SF/PF that can do almost everything except play consistent defence. I personally see the upside of having a player like that, especially during those games when Kyle and DeMar are just chucking up shots for the stat sheet. The only road block I see for him getting minutes would be Casey, and I am worried he would waste his talent.
            Yeah, he's not going to lock down your defense but they have Pat and Carroll there for that. He would be a spark plug off the bench with the second unit capable of playing point forward. The Raptors don't have much in the way of play makers and passers when it comes to big men and in the era of small ball Beasley has a chance to continue to redeem himself and carve out a niche in this league.

Comment

Beasley makes more money than both of us and played basketball all over the world. You're out of line. He was never Durant.
              He's in Summer League right now! He'll never figure it out.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Beasley makes more money than both of us and played basketball all over the world. You're out of line. He was never Durant.
                Beasley also had more talent than everyone posting here combined. Dude was picked 2nd overall!

He seemed like he got it together in Miami this last stint but I guess either the rep is too big or the personality is truly still a problem. If it's not I'm still a fan of his game if you limit his touches so he doesn't go full on Josh Smith with it.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                  Beasley also had more talent than everyone posting here combined. Dude was picked 2nd overall!

He seemed like he got it together in Miami this last stint but I guess either the rep is too big or the personality is truly still a problem. If it's not I'm still a fan of his game if you limit his touches so he doesn't go full on Josh Smith with it.
                  haha, i was out of line, i was unaware of the facts at hand... his finesse is so good, last year it looked like he had an extra step on everyone damn.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post

Well he went overseas and came back to play for the Rockets. He played really well for them right out of the gate and they want to bring him back. People do mature and wise up at different ages and maybe it's happened for him.

Anyone in here who can't remember Beasley's game, well, a lot of college pundits were comparing Ben Simmons to Beasley earlier in the year because they're both big men who can handle the ball, create for others and rebound. They both highly dynamic players who dominated college without relying too much on their obvious size advantage.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      He's in Summer League right now! He'll never figure it out.
                      What happened with the Rockets? ESPN says he had a .522 FG%, his highest %. Also, 13 ppg... those are solid numbers not summer league numbers.

Comment

What happened with the Rockets? ESPN says he had a .522 FG%, his highest %. Also, 13 ppg... those are solid numbers not summer league numbers.
                        And a 22.5 PER in 20 games of action last year with the Rockets.

Comment

• Beasley is under contract, isn't he? With the Rockets. They have until August to guarantee his contract.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Well he went overseas and came back to play for the Rockets. He played really well for them right out of the gate and they want to bring him back. People do mature and wise up at different ages and maybe it's happened for him.

Anyone in here who can't remember Beasley's game, well, a lot of college pundits were comparing Ben Simmons to Beasley earlier in the year because they're both big men who can handle the ball, create for others and rebound. They both highly dynamic players who dominated college without relying too much on their obvious size advantage.
                            But if it is true that he struggles with the harsh realties of a marijuana addiction, Canada and it's lackadaisical stance on pot could ruin any chance he has at growing into the truly spectacular player he was capable of becoming. Could be risky. That 22.5 PER is crazy efficient, for comparison Kobe Bryant had a PER of 24.2 in 2007-08.
                            Obviously Beasley isn't kobe but still, damn.
                            Last edited by c-troop; Wed Jul 6, 2016, 05:28 PM. Reason: stats

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
                              I think the Rodriguez deal is legit; it's the Fernandez deal that's apparently completely speculated and not real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Oh, thnx. I ignorantly lumped then into one person.

Comment

• Beasley's stats last year look great, until you look at on/offs and +/-. In 363 minutes with the Rockets last year, he was a -67.

In games he played, the team was +166 with him off the court.

They weren't a very good team, but he made them much, much worse.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X