The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Don't even remember what Biz did against Indiana.
    Because he really didn't play all that well. He had a 10 point, 16 rebound game and 2 other double digit rebound games, thats about it.

Comment

• Windhorst reporting now that Wade signs with the Heat for two years, $53 million - and the Heat trade McBob to create the space.

McBob would fit well here for that price.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        Steal.

Mozgov got what 16m/year? Zaza is a MUCH better player than Mozgov.

It's not a steal, it's bullshit. The one thing they were lacking after signing the 2nd best player in the league and they get it for practically free.

NBA just reached La Liga levels of competition this off-season. 2 powerhouses, 1 or 2 also rans and a whole bunch of teams just going out there hoping to not embarrass themselves.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
          Windhorst reporting now that Wade signs with the Heat for two years, $53 million - and the Heat trade McBob to create the space.

McBob would fit well here for that price.
          Only if he could stay healthy...but how do we even get him? Financially speaking?

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
            Only if he could stay healthy...but how do we even get him? Financially speaking?
            Coincidentally we have $5.7M in cap space, and that's how much his contract is worth next season. Not sure what the situation looks like at the dollar/penny level. But it might be close enough.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Not sure why Dallas was eager to help GSW out so much. But yeah Zaza changes everything for me anyway.. could see them winning 75 games next year. Pretty unfair, but this is an unfair league. Always has been.
              Just a thought...Lacob is a billionaire venture capitalist...Cuban can be considered the same (though more showbiz). I would not be surprised if their interests mesh at some level outside of basketball. Put it down to mutual back scratching.

Comment

• Ugh, no thanks to McBob. Even when healthy the past couple years, he's been a disaster on the court. So not only is he a massive injury risk, he's more likely to be bad than good when he's on the court.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
                  5.782 per BBRef. Same as Spencer Hawes. That right Dan?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                    5.782 per BBRef. Same as Spencer Hawes. That right Dan?
                    Yes, that's right. Depending on what DD's hold is (there is some confusion on his incentives last season), we either can barely or can't fit him in our cap space.

But still, no thank you very much.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• As per RealGM,

Report: 76ers Offer Rudy Fernandez Two-Year, $20M Deal

BC going in again with his euro recruits! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Henderson/Fernandez is a pretty good2-guard rotation

Comment

• Sixers definitely have more talent than brooklyn now
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            Henderson/Fernandez is a pretty good2-guard rotation
                            Sure, if 8-10 ppg and a couple rebounds is your thing.

I'm not sure who's more overrated around here, Biyombo or Gerald Henderson?
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              I'm less optimistic demo shift. Losing biz is a huge blow in the playoffs. The teams in the 5-8 seed will be a lot better. I'd say 65% chance.
                              Ross has not made incremental improvements. His second season was marginally his best but pretty flat line.
                              Boston is not attached to any of their pieces. Can be flipped and remade and picks used to fill roles and the bench. If the don't get Boogie this year they can draft Harry Giles. If they do they can draft de'aaron fox.
                              ok.. always open to sober second thought and opinions.......
                              i will counter with this though....

Ross.. who never drove the lane in his first 3 years .. did last year. He is simply getting physically stronger as his body matures and you can't rush that. It just comes. He is still a high 30's percentage 3 pt shooter and that won't change either. Mix all that in and the odds are good his overall game improves this year with an improved drive and shot creation game and an above average shot % from the arc. Throw in Powell nipping at his heels for PT and he gets a little more consistent.

Perhaps the reason Boston isn't attached to any of their players is that they're all pretty much average to below average... and thats why they are all always available in trade. In trades you pretty much get what you pay for and Danny boy always wants to pay less than FMV on top of having marginal talent which contributes to why he hasn't really been able to remake this team via trades. So Boston is full of average to below average NBA players save for three or four... and thats why I think Boston isn't going to be as good as people think they are going to be.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Colangelo is just trying to get the team to a competitive level...which so far...they might not be the worst now
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X