The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    Noel can't play power forward. He's an undersized centre who was forced to play next to Okafor because presti was an idiot and drafted 3 bigs in a row. And to give away cojo and 2 picks for that is terrible.
    *Hinkie

Presti is very good at drafting
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
      I think this trade would benefit both team on the long run

Toronto out: T-Ross, Cojo, 2017 1st round pick (LAC), Our Pick
      Toronto in: Nerlens Noel, Robert Covington.

We acquire a starting calibre PF in Noel and a decent backup SF. With this move, Delon Wright will be our primary backup PG unless we sign a veteran PG for cheap.
      I don't think I'd do this one. Honestly think Cory Joseph is a lot better than Delon Wright (although I think Wright is good 3rd PG and maybe we can get trade value out of him down the road). Noel is the key piece we are getting back and he's not the stretch 4 this team needs I don't think. Also I'm a little higher on T-Ross than Covington ... plus we have to give up 2 draft picks.

Comment

• So NYK is pursuing Noah as their starting C? Apparently they need a starting shooting guard as well. They only have 5 playes under contract currently, you guys think trading tross into their cap space for future picks is beneficial for us? Would nyk consider it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• So Jalen Jones is a Raptor?!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            So Jalen Jones is a Raptor?!
            In all likelihood, he's signed a fully non-guaranteed training camp deal, to bring him to summer league and training camp (if he impresses in summer league) and then get assignment rights to the D-League when he's waived. I've only seen his school's post, nothing from any reporters or the team. Might even just be a SL invite.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I've seen an undrafted rookie name that look like they could potentially be a 905er next year (received invite for Toronto's summer league team): Fred VanVelt.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
                So NYK is pursuing Noah as their starting C? Apparently they need a starting shooting guard as well. They only have 5 playes under contract currently, you guys think trading tross into their cap space for future picks is beneficial for us? Would nyk consider it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I doubt they would trade any 1st rounders for T Ross considering there likelihood to suck and how trading the 1st rounder for Bargs panned out. I think even with Noah they won't be doing more than contending for bottom playoff spot but you never know. Depends who else they are able to get to there bench is bare right now.

Comment

• Whenever you think "I wonder who we can get cheap this summer", remember this tweet.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• I would take a shot at Solomon Hill if we can get him. He could play the 4 as well.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

Whenever you think "I wonder who we can get cheap this summer", remember this tweet.
                      The cap is due for another sizable increase next year. Combine that with at least 20% of existing contracts expiring, and teams in the league are likely to be in a somewhat similar situation next year, even with some existing teams going over (or staying over) the cap this year. Some of those teams will undoubted go over the cap this year but be under the cap next year when the cap bumps up again.

Should we be expecting 2018's free agency period to be the period when buyer's remorse from two years of cap-induced wild spending to kick, and when good value-for-money deals are available to be had for teams which spend wisely?

Comment

• Bulls are shopping Gibson. He's expiring and an upgrade over everything we have.

Comment

• KD not meeting with Raps ---Drake where is your influence? Yes I know he's not coming here but we can't even get a meeting?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            Bulls are shopping Gibson. He's expiring and an upgrade over everything we have.
                            Agree he's an upgrade. Can't stretch the floor though.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              Agree he's an upgrade. Can't stretch the floor though.
                              Patterson can. I would trade Ross for him straight up anyway.

Frees us cap space for next summer where we can land our star PF.

Comment

• The 2016 Offseason thread

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                Patterson can. I would trade Ross for him straight up anyway.

Frees us cap space for next summer where we can land our star PF.
                                I would do this. Taj could help replace biz' motor as well as long as he can stay on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                                X