The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    ESPN (Stein) reporting that the Hawks are trying to get in on the KD sweepstakes:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...nt-sweepstakes

Here is the interesting part though:

... what does that mean for Millsap? And can the Raps get in on that?
    I'm sure Masai is trying very hard to get Paul Milsap without ruining our future. He has already looked in to it on more than one occasion hasn't he?

Comment

ESPN (Stein) reporting that the Hawks are trying to get in on the KD sweepstakes:

Any great team should have 3 great big men, so it'd be a good problem to have for them.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        A huge part of that was simply Lowry. Four guys took 50+ 3s for us in the playoffs, Ross was the second best shooter of them.

Our offense was crap in the playoffs, and the 3-point shooting problems might've been a symptom, not the cause.
        Yeah and Lowry is part of the team. The bad offense definitely contributed, but it also had to do with just straight up missing open threes. Indiana was giving lowry space to shoot threes that you'd expect him to make and for whatever reason he couldn't hit them. We shot 32% on wide open threes and averaged 6.8 per game over 20 games in the playoffs. we hit 42.6% of those shots in the reg season. That seems to suggest at least some bad luck.

Comment

If Atlanta makes a pitch for Durant, their entire pitch is "you can play with Horford and Millsap." Durant makes it less likely that Millsap is traded, not more (and there wasn't really any likelihood in the first place).

If through some miracle they convinced Durant to sign with Atlanta, they would say goodbye to Kurt Hinrich to ditch his cap hold, and trade one of Tiago Splitter or Thabo Sefalosha, and then they have enough to sign Durant while keeping Horford and Kent Bazemore's cap holds intact. They'd go into the tax, but so what? Their starting lineup is Schroeder/Bazemore/Durant/Millsap/Horford, with a bench of Korver, Taurean Prince, DeAndre Bembry, Mike Scott, Tim Hardaway Jr., and whichever of Sefalosha or Splitter stays. Probably Sefalosha. And they sign a couple of key veterans for the minimum to round out the roster. That's an instant title contender.

Comment

• Orlando will not make a QO to Andrew Nicholson...he's a UFA. Zac Lowe tweet today.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
              Saw on Alex Kennedy's twitter that Raps are one a several teams interested in Jamal Crawford. Seems like an odd get considering needs. Don't mind another creator i guess, and the veteran leadership, but mayne not what we need?
              We don't need Crawford at all. Rather let Norm play all those minutes and Crawford sucks
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Could Masai be targeting shooting guards, if he doesn't feel DD will sign?
                Yeah thats one of a few options i was thinking of. Could just be a one year stopgap to be in place if Demar unexpectedly decides to go elsewhere.

The big difference between Crawford and Lou to me is that Crawford is a great mentor and teammate. He really helps out anyone coming out of Seattle, which could be nice for all the young guys. Honestly I think thats why Scola was brought in last year, but like Scola hes going to end up playing quite a bit which is hazardous.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                  If Atlanta makes a pitch for Durant, their entire pitch is "you can play with Horford and Millsap." Durant makes it less likely that Millsap is traded, not more (and there wasn't really any likelihood in the first place).

If through some miracle they convinced Durant to sign with Atlanta, they would say goodbye to Kurt Hinrich to ditch his cap hold, and trade one of Tiago Splitter or Thabo Sefalosha, and then they have enough to sign Durant while keeping Horford and Kent Bazemore's cap holds intact. They'd go into the tax, but so what? Their starting lineup is Schroeder/Bazemore/Durant/Millsap/Horford, with a bench of Korver, Taurean Prince, DeAndre Bembry, Mike Scott, Tim Hardaway Jr., and whichever of Sefalosha or Splitter stays. Probably Sefalosha. And they sign a couple of key veterans for the minimum to round out the roster. That's an instant title contender.
                  The interesting part of that article to me wasn't the KD stuff but their plan B which was to go after Howard. If they do go after Howard.. what do they do with Millsap? Have him come off the bench? Might as well trade him to Toronto

Comment

• michaelm_ wrote: View Post
                    Could totally see this happening. At the end of the day it's about finding the players that fit, and that is a PF that can stretch the floor to give space to DD, JV.

If Masai does strike out in the trade market trying to get a star/near star PF, i can see him looking at the FA market lower-tier players like:

Jon Leuer
                    Andrew Nicholson
                    Terrence Jones
                    D.Motiejunas
                    Dwight Powell
                    Jared Dudley (could play 3&4)

Imo Leuer is still a guy that i want us to get, the guy fits nicely with either the starters or off the bench, and could be gotten on a good affordable deal.
                    I would add Darrell Arthur to this list. Shot the ball very well last season and is a very good defender on the perimeter. Sounds like he wants to stay in Denver, but maybe he is entices by the Raps.

Comment

• Jamal Crawford to the Raptors?

Crawford, who does have a meeting scheduled with the Clippers, is also drawing interest from a number of teams in search of a scoring guard. Crawford is expected to receive interest from the New York Knicks, the Miami Heat, the Toronto Raptors, the Dallas Mavericks, the Orlando Magic and the Brooklyn Nets in addition to the Clippers.
                      http://m.ocregister.com/articles/cra...pers-free.html

Comment

• I think the key word on the Jamal Crawford rumour is "expected". I interpret the quote to simply be someone looking at Jamal's skillset and trying to line it up with various team needs.

I'm not saying that he doesn't have interest by the Raptors, but that it's quite different from "scheduled to meet"

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                          I think the key word on the Jamal Crawford rumour is "expected". I interpret the quote to simply be someone looking at Jamal's skillset and trying to line it up with various team needs.

I'm not saying that he doesn't have interest by the Raptors, but that it's quite different from "scheduled to meet"
                          Maybe if they trade Ross, and if Crawford would take the MLE. He does provide what Terrence does, so would be a valid replacement. Otherwise, if Ross and Derozan are both still here, hard to see a need or a fit.
                          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            Orlando will not make a QO to Andrew Nicholson...he's a UFA. Zac Lowe tweet today.
                            Get er done!

Comment

I think the key word on the Jamal Crawford rumour is "expected". I interpret the quote to simply be someone looking at Jamal's skillset and trying to line it up with various team needs.

Never been a fan of Crawford, the athleticism of Tross with the mindest and accuracy of Lou Williams, he will make me want to pull out my hair.

Comment

And I interpreted that "someone" as being Jamal's agent.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X