The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2016 Offseason thread

Congrads for the Raptors for getting to the conference finals and winning 2 games!! now we have to build on it and make this team better moving forward.

So who stays and who goes?! who do we bring? who do we draft?! so many interesting things will be going on moving forward till the 2016-2017 season.

Go Raptors go!!

I'm on the 'get younger, aim long-term train'... except I really, really don't want to say goodbye to Kyle Lowry.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Find a taker for Carroll, maybe move up in the draft using Carroll and draft Luwawu. Get younger to be able to compete with our younger core.

Comment

I want no part of bismack at 17M/season like people are saying. At 10-12, maybe, but only if he can play the 4 with JV effectively for 8-10 a game.

I don't want demar back on a max contract.

I don't want dwane casey back but that's not happening.

Would be nice to get guys who can shoot the basketball to surround JV.

Comment

Stretch 4 who can nail the 3 on a consistent basis like Frye was lacking, PP needed to nail those open shots and he couldn't. This is why I am now more open to take a chance on Skal with the 9th pick just because of this. Can you imagine Bruno and Skal shooting the 3's stretching the floor for years to come?! it sounds good on paper.

Comment

I honestly don't expect huge changes.

Probably lose Scola, Thompson, Biz, maybe Ross and JJ (who I'd love to keep as a deep bench option, all the young guys love him and he's high character in the way he goes the extra mile to help them out)

Probably a vet to play some backup C, draft a guy that won't get a ton of minutes next year, and maybe he can flip Ross and some picks to get us a PF or make a run at someone in free agency.

Casey will be back and so will DeMar.

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
              I honestly don't expect huge changes.

Probably lose Scola, Thompson, Biz, maybe Ross and JJ (who I'd love to keep as a deep bench option, all the young guys love him and he's high character in the way he goes the extra mile to help them out)

Probably a vet to play some backup C, draft a guy that won't get a ton of minutes next year, and maybe he can flip Ross and some picks to get us a PF or make a run at someone in free agency.

Casey will be back and so will DeMar.
              yeah.

realistically we're in for another year of the same style of ISO jumpshits. We just saw it take us as far as it possibly can. The smart play would be to shake it up, but i doubt it.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Stretch 4 who can nail the 3 on a consistent basis like Frye was lacking, PP needed to nail those open shots and he couldn't. This is why I am now more open to take a chance on Skal with the 9th pick just because of this. Can you imagine Bruno and Skal shooting the 3's stretching the floor for years to come?! it sounds good on paper.
                Skal isn't really a 3pt shooter though. He's more of a mid range guy.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  Skal isn't really a 3pt shooter though. He's more of a mid range guy.
                  Recently during workouts, he has shown he's got the range and has a nice shot.

Comment

Cory Joseph - back again in similar role (improves on 3pt)
                    Kyle Lowry - Back (Great season but just a little worse than this year)
                    Delon Wright - possible trade bait at draft?
                    Demar Derozan - Signs here for 5 years
                    Norman Powell - stays and plays a bigger role next season
                    T. Ross - Gone.
                    Caboclo - another year away from being a year away
                    James Johnson - gone
                    Pat Patterson - Stays
                    Scola - gone
                    J Thompson - gone
                    Bismack Biyombo - too costly to keep
                    Bebe Nogeira - stays
                    JV - stays, (gets better at jump shooting, learns the 3, averages a double double for the first time)
                    Carroll - stays

Lowry - DeRozan - Carroll - ? - JV
                    Cojo - Powell - ? - Patterson - ?
                    Wright - ? - Bruno - Bebe - ?
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                      yeah.

realistically we're in for another year of the same style of ISO jumpshits. We just saw it take us as far as it possibly can. The smart play would be to shake it up, but i doubt it.
                      Meh. I think after these playoffs they genuinely give JV much more touches.

Let's not forget that for a while at the beginning of this season, JV was our leader in FGA per game. Then he got hurt and we turned to DD and Lowry.

As much as I'm not a fan of Demar, not resigning him might not be an amazing idea. Lowry would be good as gone next offseason I would assume. And our "culture" would be depleted as a team that doesn't resign its stars.

Comment

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

we already had Championship T-shirts ready
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I think Delon stays, I believe next season will be Kyle's last season in a Raptors' uniform so hopefully Delon can step up and show us he can step up coming 2017-2018 season.

Biz might be able to get it done, I don't see him as the type looking for the most money, but good money and he really likes to play here.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Recently during workouts, he has shown he's got the range and has a nice shot.

I think the best case scenario for him is Ibaka of 2-3 years ago. Shot blocker with a solid mid range game. I think that's his ceiling.

Worst case scenario. A complete scrub.

High risk high reward type of player.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X