The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Majesiu wrote: View Post
    Still not much movement on even rumors about Terrence Jones/D-Mo/Sulinger/JT so at least that's a good news. At C we are at least 3 man deep, on PF not so much.

Maybe Masai want to have as much wiggle room to trade for as long as possible?

At C we are 3 "bodies" deep but we don't have anyone beside JV who has played meaningful minutes in the NBA (depending on what you think of Bebe). If Lowry goes down, Cojo can start. For Demar, Powell. For Demarre, Ross. We know there's a problem at 4. But can we start a game with Bebe? With Poeltl? It may work out but I don't think we can plan on it.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
      So....umm....while we're busy finding our PF...who is going to back up JV and start the games he might miss? I know..patience..
      Looks like BeBe and Poeltl for now.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
        Pfft. Rich get richer. He's a little young to be a ringchaser isn't he?

Not that Masai would have been offering much more $.
        If SA doesn't match Detroits OS(which they may not with the Dedmon signing) that may be 2 fewer teams that need a big.

Masai hasn't seen the white of their eyes yet. (I know I use references no one gets sometimes, but whatever)
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          If SA doesn't match Detroits OS(which they may not with the Dedmon signing) that may be 2 fewer teams that need a big.

Masai hasn't seen the white of their eyes yet. (I know I use references no one gets sometimes, but whatever)
          damn that's one revolutionary reference man.

Comment

Could be any number of references (the line has been used a lot since it's rumoured first use in the civil war), but the 3-year old in me hopes it was a reference to the Penguins of Madagascar movie.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Dedmon to Spurs 2yrs/$6 million

Boban (RFA) signs Piston sheet 3/21
              Damn. Two of the targets left that interested me. I really wonder who Masai has in mind ... or does he see the possibility to pick up something better via a trade in the couple coming of days before signing Demar?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Could be any number of references (the line has been used a lot since it's rumoured first use in the civil war), but the 3-year old in me hopes it was a reference to the Penguins of Madagascar movie.
                Sorry, never seen P of M,

Battle of Bunker Hill. 1775.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Tweet of the offseason hahahahahhahahaha
                  Hands down.

It's even funnier because you know it's true.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    At C we are 3 "bodies" deep but we don't have anyone beside JV who has played meaningful minutes in the NBA (depending on what you think of Bebe). If Lowry goes down, Cojo can start. For Demar, Powell. For Demarre, Ross. We know there's a problem at 4. But can we start a game with Bebe? With Poeltl? It may work out but I don't think we can plan on it.
                    That's a strange perspective. Many didn't want Poeltl because we were already deep at the 5. Now we've drafted him and suddenly we've got no depth at the 5? I know we lost Biz but cmon - backup 5 is a youth/role player position.

Comment

• And Siakam could be a small-ball 5.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        That's a strange perspective. Many didn't want Poeltl because we were already deep at the 5. Now we've drafted him and suddenly we've got no depth at the 5? I know we lost Biz but cmon - backup 5 is a youth/role player position.
                        It was a luxury last season - one we got a huge value on. Really difficult to replace it with anything comparable. But I doubt last summer that anyone was expecting it to work out quite as well as it did....so you never know.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Sorry, never seen P of M,

Battle of Bunker Hill. 1775.
                          Most of my references are to kids' movies, I have my daughter to thank for that.

But yeah, I got the reference (silly me typed civil war instead of revolutionary war).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Most of my references are to kids' movies, I have my daughter to thank for that.

But yeah, I got the reference (silly me typed civil war instead of revolutionary war).
                            My kids are older now. For me it was Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and the unforgettable My Little Pony movie which I've thankfully almost managed to forget.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                              Pfft. Rich get richer. He's a little young to be a ringchaser isn't he?

Not that Masai would have been offering much more $.
                              Yeah we have been getting nicked by the Spurs for the same players lately (Aldridge, Gasol now Dedmon). However especially for a relative low cost player the no state tax benefit in Texas would also be attractive for players.

Comment

• Don't remember anyone mentioning our old PG Jose going to LA in the Wade transaction. Pelton actually gave an A grade to the Lakers for this one due to the pair of 2nd's they also pick up. As for Jose

Calderon is the kind of steady hand the Lakers could use as a backup behind youngsters Jordan Clarkson and D'Angelo Russell, and as a fine 3-point shooter (41 percent both last season and for his career), Calderon can play off the ball alongside either of the starters in the backcourt or reserve Lou Williams.

Now, as for what adding Calderon does for an already shaky perimeter defense ... well, let's just say that Timofey Mozgov and Tarik Black should be in help positions starting at tipoff. But the Lakers will surely survive adding another slow-footed perimeter defender for one season, and then Calderon comes off their books

Comment

Working...
                                X