The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    12-15 was the discount hope. 16-20 was the projection.
    Ross does one thing, yes, but he was shit at in the playoffs. 32%, 29% career. Doesn't help us. Fine for a non playoff team. At this point there's not much in FA. Trading for a player could work. Gonna have to wait for the dust to settle after Durant and reassess the market.
    He shot 15/38(39.4%) on open or wide open 3s in the playoffs.

We, as a team, did an awful job generating those for Carroll/Ross, the two guys hitting their open 3s. Lowry/DeMar/Norm/Pat couldn't hit a thing most of the playoffs, allowing teams to load up on Carroll and Ross, and making them shoot bad 3s.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• allright...72 hours in, I'm ready to call it a day. No superstars being pulled into our MLE this year. Masai is going to do something out of left field that none of us were thinking of so I'll take a break on speculating. I guess we have Lowry's bird rights so what kind of cap space are we talking?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
        12-15 was the discount hope. 16-20 was the projection.
        Ross does one thing, yes, but he was shit at in the playoffs. 32%, 29% career. Doesn't help us. Fine for a non playoff team. At this point there's not much in FA. Trading for a player could work. Gonna have to wait for the dust to settle after Durant and reassess the market.
        You wait....put away the cheque book....and take advantage of what remains..it's not as if the Raps are suddenly turning to shit 4 weeks after being in the Conference Finals...They lost a back up C...a good one..but a back up C...

Boston has 21 fucking one guys on contract with 15 roster slots....
        they have a couple of guys who could play PF for us...Olynyk...Amir...even cheeseburger chasing Sullinger....they can't keep em all.

Orlando has 4 PFs...whose out there for a draft pick and no salary coming back as they are 2m from the cap...

Lots of situations out there to take advantage of...
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          He's strickly a shooter, nobody should ask him to defend or rebound if we do sign him.
          Didn't we have 1 of those guys?
          Steve Novak

Comment

• David West is still available.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
              .... The Nets just signed Tyler Johnson to a $50M/4 "poison pill" offer sheet ... $5.6M / $5.8M / $18M / $19M ... ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?! This off-season is officially bat shit crazy.
              You just realized that?
              Out of curiosity, can we read anything from a fact that top 5-6 teams (Cavs, SA, GS, Clips, Raps, OKC-outside of trade) made virtually no signings?

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                You just realized that?
                Out of curiosity, can we read anything from a fact that top 5-6 teams (Cavs, SA, GS, Clips, Raps, OKC-outside of trade) made virtually no signings?
                as much as I wanted to trade the farm for Millsap, not acting because everyone else is can be a strength. Masai is likely waiting until whatever trade happens...suits him and is slightly painful for the other guy instead of him
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                  You just realized that?
                  Masai thinks Raps are amoung the contenders? Love the irrational confidence!

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    as much as I wanted to trade the farm for Millsap, not acting because everyone else is can be a strength. Masai is likely waiting until whatever trade happens...suits him and is slightly painful for the other guy instead of him
                    Agreed. The price for Milsap will be too high right now, and getting him doesn't give us a legit title shot. Best to wait.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      You wait....put away the cheque book....and take advantage of what remains.
                      Boston has 21 fucking one guys on contract with 15 roster slots....
                      they have a couple of guys who could play PF for us...Olynyk...Amir...even cheeseburger chasing Sullinger....they can't keep em all.

Orlando has 4 PFs...whose out there for a draft pick and no salary coming back as they are 2m from the cap...

Lots of situations out there to take advantage of...
                      This is what I'm thinking. Sullinger sounds nice. Surely he could be stolen away from Boston now that they need to pay Horford.

Comment

• Gasol on 18mil 2 year contract is a good deal. Pau was extremely productive last year. Especially if you can get the second year not fully guaranteed like Boston has with Amir.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Gasol on 18mil 2 year contract is a good deal. Pau was extremely productive last year. Especially if you can get the second year not fully guaranteed like Boston has with Amir.
                          There are two sides to the ball, and he plays the position that we don't need help at. No thanks.

Comment

• If we started Pau at the 4, any smart team would simply throw DeMar/Pau into PnRs on defense all day, and they'd score a lot.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                              He shot 15/38(39.4%) on open or wide open 3s in the playoffs.

We, as a team, did an awful job generating those for Carroll/Ross, the two guys hitting their open 3s. Lowry/DeMar/Norm/Pat couldn't hit a thing most of the playoffs, allowing teams to load up on Carroll and Ross, and making them shoot bad 3s.
                              The flip side is he was 6/26 (23%). Defense was focused on Lowry and derozan. Those guys got their shots. At this point we are not reworking the offense to rely more on Ross. Should be Jonas, Carrol and norm. Norms probably not gonna shot 39% but I bet they can get him to 35% (with consistency) and give you production in other areas that Ross doesnt.
                              You can't keep blaming Lowry or the team for Ross. The guy has started many games in multiple seasons. He had his chances. Everyone else has grown and shown intensity. Casey benched him so many times bc his mind just wonders off the court. You wanna hold norm back for that nonsense?

Comment

• "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X