The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Diaw might be another unexciting option. Trade BeBe to SAS for Diaw and a lotto protected 1st in 2017 or 2018. Clears them enough cap space, gets us a backup PF and a future asset for our trouble. Not sure I love the idea but in terms of low cost moves...
    Why do we need to trade Bebe? Aren't we doing them a favour? Or will there be more competition for Diaw than I think?

Comment

• Comment

• what about ross, lowry for noel, saric/roco, and the LA first.
        even with milsap and losing biz i think our best case was 2-3 wins vs. cavs. given the our talent gap to rest of the contenders, i think it is better to build around jv. hopefully bruno, poeltl, norm, bebe, delon, demar, cojo improve. add a top 5 pick to that and two more picks.
        BC likes to double dip and trade picks for vets. lowry is from philly.
        im sure a lot of people wont like this idea but i think you have to take a risk to go from good to great.

Comment

• This must be depressing if you're in the West. At least teams from the east can make it to the finals and have a shot at it. Imagine if you're an improving Utah/Minny/Portland. Future is bleak.

Comment

• nah for them it's ok cause once their dudes (especially minny) hit their prime all the lebron and KD's of the world will be declining significantly
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• It seems that what has become the annual Wade dance might be over..

Comment

• i guess since they "won" the aldridge sweepstakes the spurs feel like they still have a window but let's be honest, they'd be better off not signing pau and trying to ship guys like green and parker out so they a. lose more games and b. have $ for next season
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Luc Mbah a Moute re-signing with the clips. dammit. he was one of my "know his role" backup 4s i liked.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    The Spurs definitely got their money's worth with Boban this past year. Good scouting (which the Raptors have) should alleviate some of the risk I imagine. Management should be able to reasonably tell how a players game would translate.

Not saying it's the best option, but the pittance we have available without trades doesn't look to be providing a lot of options if we just look at the NBA for talent.
                    I'd be a fan of a signing like Boban. Could be our next Biz. Nice, low cost, under the radar.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                      i guess since they "won" the aldridge sweepstakes the spurs feel like they still have a window but let's be honest, they'd be better off not signing pau and trying to ship guys like green and parker out so they a. lose more games and b. have $ for next season
                      Lose more games?? So the spurs should half tank now? Go for that 24th overall pick?

Yeah no..
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

i guess since they "won" the aldridge sweepstakes the spurs feel like they still have a window but let's be honest, they'd be better off not signing pau and trying to ship guys like green and parker out so they a. lose more games and b. have $ for next season
                        Why do you say that? Their team is arguably the 2nd best in the league, just as they were last year.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Lose more games?? So the spurs should half tank now? Go for that 24th overall pick?

Yeah no..
                          with teams like the grizz/jazz/minny/dallas all getting better it'd a lot lower than the 24th pick. don't forget, a lot of people have Pops career tied to Duncans, it really wouldn't shock me if he retired too.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                            Why do you say that? Their team is arguably the 2nd best in the league, just as they were last year.
                            they're arguably not the second best team in their division anymore
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• spurs built a dynasty out of tanking. they know what they're doing!
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

they're arguably not the second best team in their division anymore
                                Are we talking about the same team? The team that won 67 games last year? 40-1 at home? Defensive player of the year on their team? Greatest coach since Phil Jackson?

Comment

Working...
                                X