No announcement yet.

The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

He only started six games, though. Small sample size.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
        He only started six games, though. Small sample size.
        Haha, I like this game.

Norman Powell: 15 ppg, 4.5 reb, 2.5 ast, 1.4 stl, 54.8 fg%, 53.6 3p%. What a homerun by Ujiri! Sure it was only 8 games in the month of April, but why should that get in the way of a good tweet? Details, details.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          I'm fine with it if we can't find someone better on a cheap deal. Odds are pretty good we won't be getting Sanders, there are 30 teams and you never know where he wants to be. I'm fine with BeBe getting a shot in the very likely event that we don't find a super cheap very high potential C just like last season.

Honestly, though, I could see BeBe being a piece going the other way in a PF deal anyway. But if he's here I have no problem running him out as the primary backup if resources are used elsewhere.
          I kind of see Bebe in the Linas Kleiza role... good company for his fellow countryman(who's supposed to become the star) to lean on in his early years, mainly due to his nationality and spoken language.

I don't think I would mind seeing Bebe get an increased role this year if he's asked to, but I don't see him as a true piece going forward.

I also believe there's zero chance Larry Sanders would sign here... no way he's going through all that CRAZY BORDER PATROL BULLSHIT!

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            There will be interest in both players. Biz has just come off a really nice performance on a playoff team who made it to the ECF and that is fresh in the leagues GM's minds where Larry has been somewhat off the grid for a couple of years. Memories tend to be short and sports is no different.

Look for Biz to be off the board pretty quickly. I am guessing he gets the 4 year term and it will be for 44 to 48M$ in aggregate.

Larry I think waits till things shake out and in all likelihood gets picked up for the MLE for between 3.5 and 4M$ per year. Its a lot of dough to take on that kinda risk but .. it represents about 4 to 4.5% of a teams budget. Lots to you and me... nickles to an NBA team.

If you have kids.. get them shooting 3's in the driveway.
            $4M bet on a player is small time risk if it's a one year prove it deal. That's what I had in my mind when I initially floated the Larry Sanders idea out here. It's rare to find a good piece for the future on the open market at this price tag and so what you usually find is guys like this('this' meaning players with distinct flaws), some being a safer bet in terms of character but none usually as talented as he is. If you view the MLE for what it usually is and then look at this as a one year deal then it's a good bet to make... IF he can prove he's back on track.

Comment

Go nuts
              Boy wouldn't the rest of the league like to be a fly on the wall in that draft war room.

Comment

• Seeing what the Pistons gave up for Montiejunas (which was later voided because of his physical), I would love for the Raptors to explore a similar offer. He would fit perfectly with this team.

Comment

• Ilyasova, anyone? No he's not a star name by any chance but he'd fit with JV nicely. Good shooter with a knack for rebounding the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ilyasova would be a great pick up!

Comment

• I really like Ilyasova's game. He is a bit injury prone though. Mostly like Amir. He'll miss some amount of games every year and be banged up for some other chunk of games. I wonder what he would cost.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• This FA class isn't that exciting when looking through the spyglass of the Raptors' needs. They're better off working the trade market to get a PF.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          I also believe there's zero chance Larry Sanders would sign here... no way he's going through all that CRAZY BORDER PATROL BULLSHIT!
                          I think he would look at us a a very solid option. We have the reputation of being one of the best locker rooms, And it offers kind of an escape from the problems he was having. Plus winning.

Comment

• If he's worried about customs then it's a strong sign he's not ready to come back.

Comment

• IMO, Marvin Williams is the perfect fit as a stretch 4. Shot > 40% from 3 with over 50% of his shots being 3pters. He's been over 35% from 3 for the last 3 seasons. Mobile, long and still athletic. He can also guard big SFs in pinch. Not a high usage guy (16-18%), which fits perfectly with KL/DD/JV expected usage. Williams is a young veteran (29) at the perfect age for a contending team like the Raps. The only knock would be rebounding and defending bigger PFs, but then you could bring in Patterson or Biz.

I feel like a high usage stud PF could hurt the chemistry of the starting lineup, more than help. You might end up with the Kevin Love situation where you've got 2 ball dominant guys (Kyrie, Lebron) and another high usage guy (JR Smith) and you're trying really hard to find ways to make Love fit in. Whereas a low usage energy guy like Tristan Thompson fits the starting unit like a glove.

Comment

• How can we afford to sign biz and Marvin?

Comment

Working...
                                X