The 2016 Offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Patterson can. I would trade Ross for him straight up anyway.

Frees us cap space for next summer where we can land our star PF.
    Just a guess but would this not only give us like 10 million or so in cap space next year. With the new salary cap that is chump change not gonna bring in close to a star. I could be wrong but off the top of my head thats what I think and our SF spot would be rail thin .. pretty much just injury prone Carroll.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      KD not meeting with Raps ---Drake where is your influence? Yes I know he's not coming here but we can't even get a meeting?
      I don't think Masai bothered to set up a meeting. It seems his priorities are re-signing DD and Biz, especially given that the chances of KD coming to the Raptors is very, very...very slim.

Comment

• rapaholic wrote: View Post
        Just a guess but would this not only give us like 10 million or so in cap space next year. With the new salary cap that is chump change not gonna bring in close to a star. I could be wrong but off the top of my head thats what I think and our SF spot would be rail thin .. pretty much just injury prone Carroll.
        It is still 10M$ that we would not have if we keep Ross. As for the backup 3, we could sign a guy on a 1 year deal, just like we did with Scola last summer.

Comment

It is still 10M$ that we would not have if we keep Ross. As for the backup 3, we could sign a guy on a 1 year deal, just like we did with Scola last summer.
          Next summer, we would have Lowry, Gibson, Patterson and the backup SF (mi-level?) coming off the books. That is near 35M$ in cap space, and a possibility of near 40M$ if our guys on rookie contracts are not extended.

Comment

• Gibson would be nice! My offseason hope is Marvin Williams though. Not sure if we can afford him but would a sign and trade for TRoss work?(I don't know how sign and trades work). That would pretty much make us set for the year, maybe adding a vet C for the vet min to fill out the roster.

Also, Lowry scares me as he is getting old. I like Cojo but I just don't see him as a starter in this league. Delon still needs growth but he seems to have the type of game that could make him our starter one day. I would love to see more minutes for him to continue to develop and with TRoss there, that can't happen(already will be tough with Norm there as well). I would be okay with pacakaging Delon or Cojo with Ross to get a PF but I like that tandem moving forward if Lowry is too expensive for us.

Comment

• Carlg wrote: View Post
              Gibson would be nice! My offseason hope is Marvin Williams though. Not sure if we can afford him but would a sign and trade for TRoss work?(I don't know how sign and trades work). That would pretty much make us set for the year, maybe adding a vet C for the vet min to fill out the roster.

Also, Lowry scares me as he is getting old. I like Cojo but I just don't see him as a starter in this league. Delon still needs growth but he seems to have the type of game that could make him our starter one day. I would love to see more minutes for him to continue to develop and with TRoss there, that can't happen(already will be tough with Norm there as well). I would be okay with pacakaging Delon or Cojo with Ross to get a PF but I like that tandem moving forward if Lowry is too expensive for us.
              I kind of wish we reached for Murray with our 27 pick. He's gonna be an all-star in a few years.

Comment

• Carlg wrote: View Post
                Gibson would be nice! My offseason hope is Marvin Williams though.

Also, Lowry scares me as he is getting old.
                If Lowry is getting old, so is Williams - he's only 3 months younger than Kyle. And Gibson is 9 months older than Kyle.
                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• The 2016 Offseason thread

What would we have to do to sign Luol Deng? He would be a pretty solid solution for us at the 4. He has the African connection with Masai as well so I could see it happening.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                    What would we have to do to sign Luol Deng?
                    Most likely? Spend more than $12m dollars per season for three years.

He would be a pretty solid solution for us at the 4. He has the African connection with Masai as well so I could see it happening.
                    People really have to stop convincing themselves that Masai has magic powers when it comes to African players. Just because Masai is African doesn't mean that African players are going to come here and play for below-market rates. Maybe it gives him a bit of an edge in recruiting, but players are always going to want, in order, 1) money 2) opportunity to win 3) good lifestyle. Masai's "African connection" attaches itself to #3 because African players so often want to help their home countries and Masai's connections can help with that, but it's not going to make Luol Deng say "why sure, I would come to Toronto for half my market value."

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      What would we have to do to sign Luol Deng? He would be a pretty solid solution for us at the 4. He has the African connection with Masai as well so I could see it happening.
                      Deng's really getting up there in age, and just came off a $10M contract (but in the old cap). Raptors have about $5M in cap space (assuming they sign DD). So they probably need to free up at least $5M more or see if Miami would be interested in a S&T (and I suspect Miami wants as much cap space as possible to try and bring back Whiteside, or try to compete in the KD sweepstakes).

Trading CoJo, 2Pat, Ross or Carroll could get you that cap space.. not sure if Masai would give up any of these guys for Deng though.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Deng's really getting up there in age
                        He's 31, and if you keep him under 2200 minutes for the season he should be fine. This is his last big deal and he has to know it. He's gonna want to get paid, especially this year when teams have a stupid amount of money to throw around.

Comment

• If the Mavs can't upgrade from first round exit fodder this off-season, then there is a remote chance that Dirk could be free to pursue ring chasing for his twilight seasons. Any interest?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            If the Mavs can't upgrade from first round exit fodder this off-season, then there is a remote chance that Dirk could be free to pursue ring chasing for his twilight seasons. Any interest?
                            It would be interesting but I can't really see it. He isn't a great defender and is probably more suited to play centre now like pau gosal.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              If the Mavs can't upgrade from first round exit fodder this off-season, then there is a remote chance that Dirk could be free to pursue ring chasing for his twilight seasons. Any interest?
                              If Dirk goes ring-chasing, I'd bet he ends up in Golden State.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

As of now my plan would be this:

Sign Dudley with mid-level, bring Thompson back at veteran minimum.

What do you guys think?
                                I think those 2 players would laugh in your face if you offered them those contracts.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X