No announcement yet.

Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is another longshot but DeMar sign and traded to LAC maybe with a pick or two for Blake Griffin.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
      Earlier this year there were rumours that Larry Sanders (ex of the Bucks) was thinking of making a comeback. Guess he is missing the paychecks. Obviously he had an issue with the weed but he was a terrific defensive centre. Masai is good at reclamation projects ...why not attempt to get him at a lower cost (I would think) than what it would take to sign Bismack.
      I really like this idea. As long as the money is right, you have Noguiera to fall back on, but Sanders was tracking to be a real defensive force before he bounced
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• What is Sander's situation? Does Milwaukee still have his rights or would he be a UFA? If he's a UFA I could see a team like Miami going after him - especially if they lose Whiteside in free agency.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          What is Sander's situation? Does Milwaukee still have his rights or would he be a UFA? If he's a UFA I could see a team like Miami going after him - especially if they lose Whiteside in free agency.
          Kind of cryptic.....

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/larry-sand...-insiders-nba/

Comment

• Let's do the math for the Raptors

As the Raptors currently stand without bringing back any players (Demar included), they have roughly $72M in salary with 10 players on the roster.

Let say the cap will be at $92M for this upcoming season, that's a difference of $20M to spend ($92M - $72M).

If the Raps can somehow trade Ross ($10M) + Patterson ($6M) + Bebe ($2M) + #9 draft pick ($2M) without taking salary back, this adds up to roughly $40M of cap space.

You offer Horford a max at $25M = $15M left on the cap, which is the amount to keep Demar's right.

After the moves above, Raps will have 9 players on the roster at roughly $92M (this only includes Demar's rights and not his full contract, which the Raps can go above the cap).

I think this is the only way the Raps can sign Demar + another max player.

JV - $14m
            Carroll - $14M
            Lowry - $12M
            Joseph - $7M
            Caboclo - $1.5M
            Wright - $1.5M
            Powell - $900k
            Horford - $25M
            Demar's rights - $15M

Total - roughly $92 mill

Comment

• That's a lot of assets to dump for nothing back. You really want to trade Ross, Patterson, Bebe and the #9 pick for nothing, and be left with no cap space?
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Nothing back?...you get Horford, which will start at PF

Comment

• 6GOD wrote: View Post
                  Nothing back?...you get Horford, which will start at PF
                  No, you're potentially signing Horford, after you dump all of that. You have to dump all of that first, then hope Horford signs the contract. You still need to trade all of that for nothing first.

Comment

• PG - Lowry / Joseph / Wright
                    SG - Derozan / Powell
                    SF - Carroll / Caboclo
                    PF - Horford
                    C - JV

All you need is to sign a backup SF and PF...

Comment

• Well...clearly Masai would need to work something out with Horford before making all those moves.

Comment

• I think instead of dumping a bunch of assets to sign a past their prime max playe4
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 6GOD wrote: View Post
                          PG - Lowry / Joseph / Wright
                          SG - Derozan / Powell
                          SF - Carroll / Caboclo
                          PF - Horford
                          C - JV

All you need is to sign a backup SF and PF...
                          With no cap space, and no tradeable assets left, and no injury protection for your bigs, and you need Bruno to become a serviceable NBA player next year, right away. Oh, and a 32-year old Horford is being paid $100 mil over the next 4 years by you.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I think instead of dumping a bunch of assets to sign a past their prime max playe4
                            Sorry phone fucked up...instead of doing that we should just be using all those same assets to hunt a trade for a big fish that's actually in his prime. That's a more direct route from point a to b
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Hmm ... seems a little too NBA2K-like for me.

Comment

• That's why I said you need to sign a back up SF and PF...Bruno is clearly not ready.

All you need is a rotation of 3 bigs: JV+ Horford + back up PF

Comment

Working...
                                X