Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fully wrote: View Post
    I have a half baked theory (okay, extremely half baked) that Kyrie will end up with the Clippers in exchange for CP3 and then Love is jettisoned to the Knicks as part of a deal for Carmelo.
    Honestly wouldn't surprise me.

I have a feeling LeBron retires after this series though.

Comment

• So that's 3 people on this page alone who think that Kyrie is fair value for CP3...ok then.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
        So that's 3 people on this page alone who think that Kyrie is fair value for CP3...ok then.
        I don't think it would necessarily be a 1-for-1 swap but Kyrie for CP3 would be the crux of the arrangement. The Cavs would probably have to give up a little bit more to level things out.

Comment

So that's 3 people on this page alone who think that Kyrie is fair value for CP3...ok then.
          Paul >>>> Irving.. but Paul's contract expires at the end of next season (he has a player option). Irving's contract is good until 2020 (4 full seasons). If LAC thinks their window has closed.. ie, they have no shot getting passed GSW, OKC or SAS, then they may consider going younger. At least that's my theory.

Comment

Kyrie is very talented....but can't read the game for shit. Still just as bad after 2 years of being on a contender with LeBron. Might be the most overrated player in the league.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• But if you really want to get crazy...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jc76amn
              Last edited by Mess; Mon Jun 6, 2016, 03:20 PM.

Comment

But if you really want to get crazy...

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jc76amn
                so.... I see why Cleveland does it....and I see why Atlanta does it.....but why would the Clippers even touch that
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Was just in response to the people who thought the Clippers might want to give up on CP3 to get younger. Love's actually a better fit beside DeAndre even if Blake is better overall. But I'm not convinced it would be right for Atlanta either (though maybe Philly would take Kyrie instead of Teague). Cleveland would be deadly though.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    Millsap would lead to more overall wins than all of those guys...don't get me started TRex!
                    But but Blake Griffin is on ESPN and TV commercials!
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• So what's the offer, for Millsap? Stop talking about trade proposals for other teams damnit!
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                        So what's the offer, for Millsap? Stop talking about trade proposals for other teams damnit!
                        #9, Ross, Bruno, and one of either the Clippers pick/our 2017 first rounder.

Edit: Actually, I doubt Atlanta wants Bebe back as they traded him to us only a couple seasons ago. Subbed Bruno in for him instead.
                        Last edited by Fully; Mon Jun 6, 2016, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                          #9, Ross, Bruno, and one of either the Clippers pick/our 2017 first rounder.

Edit: Actually, I doubt Atlanta wants Bebe back as they traded him to us only a couple seasons ago. Subbed Bruno in for him instead.
                          Way too much bro. There's a fine line between giving assets to get a star, and fucking up your future. I think you crossed it
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Way too much bro. There's a fine line between giving assets to get a star, and fucking up your future. I think you crossed it
                            I think we probably just view Ross and Bruno differently than one another then. I see one as a half decent but inconsistent role player and the other an intriguing but still unproven prospect - neither of which I would let hold up a deal to land an all star power forward that is one of the better two way players in the league.

The Clippers pick or our own pick in 2017 will probably be 22nd or lower, which isn't a particularly hot asset. Also, dealing one of the picks will be softened by the fact that we will still hold the other one.

And that just leaves the #9 pick - which I admit is a good asset (although not a great draft class by all accounts), but you don't expect the Hawks to let Millsap go for just that, do you? When I was typing out that trade proposal I was leaning towards it not being enough, not it being way too much.

Comment

• Can't get Millsap for that deal. Need a lot more salary going out.

Ross/PP/27/LAC/Wright for Millsap. That would be my offer. Can't let the #9 go in that deal when Millsap is a risk of being a one year rental.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Does Atlanta want to move Millsap? i don't follow trade talk. is it just us dreaming, or have there been indications?

Comment

Working...
                                X