Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    Trade thread.
    I'll get this back on track with some really forced swinging for the fence.

1. Sign and trade max demar to la, Russell to Atlanta, milsap and nick young to Toronto.

Atlanta can start the rebuild by getting more than they should for 1 year of milsap, make a deal with philly for Noel, snt Horford for another asset etc.
    Lakers get their hometown guy who can help them start winning(I can't see ownership allowing them to suck, without pick next year especially), move on from Russell and his locker room issues, pair with Ingram wing tandem and a ton of space to to entice free agents.

2. Jv, 9, wright, Powell to Chicago for jimmy butler.

3. Move Ross for cap space to sign biz.

4. 27, Bebe for whatever, (pau at the mle)?

Lowry/Joseph
    Butler/korver/
    Carroll/young/caboclo
    Milsap/Patterson
    Biyombo/ gasol

There's masais swing for the fence lol

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
      I'll get this back on track with some really forced swinging for the fence.

1. Sign and trade max demar to la, Russell to Atlanta, milsap and nick young to Toronto.

Atlanta can start the rebuild by getting more than they should for 1 year of milsap, make a deal with philly for Noel, snt Horford for another asset etc.
      Lakers get their hometown guy who can help them start winning(I can't see ownership allowing them to suck, without pick next year especially), move on from Russell and his locker room issues, pair with Ingram wing tandem and a ton of space to to entice free agents.

2. Jv, 9, wright, Powell to Chicago for jimmy butler.

3. Move Ross for cap space to sign biz.

4. 27, Bebe for whatever, (pau at the mle)?

Lowry/Joseph
      Butler/korver/
      Carroll/young/caboclo
      Milsap/Patterson
      Biyombo/ gasol

There's masais swing for the fence lol
      Sheesh

How'd we get Korver in this dream scenario?

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Sheesh

How'd we get Korver in this dream scenario?
        Oops I forgot I deleted that part when I was changing things around, so let's just say a separate deal for Ross lol

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
          Oops I forgot I deleted that part when I was changing things around, so let's just say a separate deal for Ross lol
          Might as well trade Bruno for a signed and traded Lebron

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            It's not about bark or being a "model" of anything. It's about status and Cousins' ego. Doubt he will listen to anyone he doesn't think is at least on his "level". And to him that's probably a super small list. Otherwise he'll always think he's in the right.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
            I'm not a psychologist and I don't know boogie personally so no certainty what's in his head. We both presented models. Either or neither could work.
            Personally Id rather look at Lowry going from backup to allstar than Kobe threatening to make my life "miserable". Maybe that works for boogie?
            One thing I like about the raps is they seem to play hard for each other bc they like each other. It doesn't seem like a threatening culture and I like that. Maybe that works for boogie?

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              I'm not a psychologist and I don't know boogie personally so no certainty what's in his head. We both presented models. Either or neither could work.
              Personally Id rather look at Lowry going from backup to allstar than Kobe threatening to make my life "miserable". Maybe that works for boogie?
              One thing I like about the raps is they seem to play hard for each other bc they like each other. It doesn't seem like a threatening culture and I like that. Maybe that works for boogie?
              I agree the team culture has a lot to do with the way players behave they say winning solves everything. DMC is easily the best big man in the NBA I wish he doesn't end up rotting with the kings.

Comment

• If you suggest trading for Nick Young you are dead to me and I stop reading
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                  If you suggest trading for Nick Young you are dead to me and I stop reading
                  I am dead to me to then. I hate him, but la would want to give up a bad contract.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                    I don't know with certainty what Boogie's thinking, but I've seen the behavior that arises from Boogie's thinking, and that behavior was to explicitly opt out instead of buying in when Sacto brought in George Karl - and pretty much immediately, too, as I recall. It's a pretty safe bet that Boogie thinks he is the Alpha Dog wherever he is, even to the point of being above and beyond his coaches, because his actions bear that out. Do you think that Boogie isn't going to rip one of Casey's role cards into shreds as soon as he's safely out of Casey's sight? And do you think someone who would do that isn't going to cause major problems with our team's we-all-work-together, next-man-up chemistry?

Boogie believes he is and should be the Alpha Dog, but the problem with that is that he lacks both the perspective to identify what is needed to win a championship, and the self discipline to work towards continuously improving not only as an individual but as a team to move towards that goal. And the only thing that will take an self-imagined Alpha Dog out of that mindset is another Alpha Dog staking a claim to that territory and defending ti with as much toughness and aggression as is necessary. For someone as self-deluded as Boogie is - someone who thinks he is above his teammates, his coach, and his management, that level of ego correction isn't likely without a period of consistent, persistent, and likely public-to-the-locker confrontation when Boogie oversteps his boundaries. (Yes, that would make Boogie miserable until he bought in, but if Boogie is going to be a player who does not want to buy in, that can't be helped.) Our locker room doesn't have the kind of player presence who would preach player accountability that forcefully to a player who thinks he doesn't need to be accountable; indeed, our locker room couldn't even keep Lou Williams in check only a season or so ago.

If Toronto would ever be able to make a trade for Boogie work, it would fall entirely on Dwayne Casey, and even then, I think the team and the fanbase would need to be ready for somewhere between 10 and 30 DNP-CDs while Boogie tries and fails to be bigger than the coach and the team, plus all the attendant public drama and complaining which that would entail from Boogie. And I don't think Sacto's desperate enough to trade Boogie away (if they're thinking trade at all) to agree to a trade which would allow us to do that.

I continue to be thoroughly skeptical that a trade for Boogie is there which would make us a better team. Given Boogie's talent level, I would love to be proven wrong, but I doubt I ever would be.

Comment

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
                      I agree the team culture has a lot to do with the way players behave they say winning solves everything. DMC is easily the best big man in the NBA I wish he doesn't end up rotting with the kings.
                      Or kicking our butts with the Celtics. They scare me. With their assets and all.

Comment

• I believe our window of opportunity is 1 year with Lowry and then we lose him (or at the very least, lose this version of him due to age). The only way for us to better our results from this season is to make a trade. Signing DeRozan and grabbing a few "under-the-radar" free agents simply isn't going to cut it. Moving guys so we can sign Biyombo will not do it.

We will not get past Cleveland with any of these above scenarios.

There was some good discussion over Cousins for JV but it appears there are more against it than for it. Personally, I think most people are blinded by a horribly run franchise and not seeing a player who is absolutely dominant at this point in his career. I mean, we are talking about the Kings here, that is one of the worst run franchises in sports, let alone the NBA. I think JV could reach DMC's level some day and is probably a nicer guy, but he's a couple of years away and Lowry will be old or gone by then. One could also argue that the fact JV is much nicer of a guy is the reason he'll never be as dominant as Cousins.

Anyway, let's move on and discuss the next "Big" move that would bring us above where we ended this season.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                          I don't know with certainty what Boogie's thinking, but I've seen the behavior that arises from Boogie's thinking, and that behavior was to explicitly opt out instead of buying in when Sacto brought in George Karl - and pretty much immediately, too, as I recall. It's a pretty safe bet that Boogie thinks he is the Alpha Dog wherever he is, even to the point of being above and beyond his coaches, because his actions bear that out. Do you think that Boogie isn't going to rip one of Casey's role cards into shreds as soon as he's safely out of Casey's sight? And do you think someone who would do that isn't going to cause major problems with our team's we-all-work-together, next-man-up chemistry?

Boogie believes he is and should be the Alpha Dog, but the problem with that is that he lacks both the perspective to identify what is needed to win a championship, and the self discipline to work towards continuously improving not only as an individual but as a team to move towards that goal. And the only thing that will take an self-imagined Alpha Dog out of that mindset is another Alpha Dog staking a claim to that territory and defending ti with as much toughness and aggression as is necessary. For someone as self-deluded as Boogie is - someone who thinks he is above his teammates, his coach, and his management, that level of ego correction isn't likely without a period of consistent, persistent, and likely public-to-the-locker confrontation when Boogie oversteps his boundaries. (Yes, that would make Boogie miserable until he bought in, but if Boogie is going to be a player who does not want to buy in, that can't be helped.) Our locker room doesn't have the kind of player presence who would preach player accountability that forcefully to a player who thinks he doesn't need to be accountable; indeed, our locker room couldn't even keep Lou Williams in check only a season or so ago.

If Toronto would ever be able to make a trade for Boogie work, it would fall entirely on Dwayne Casey, and even then, I think the team and the fanbase would need to be ready for somewhere between 10 and 30 DNP-CDs while Boogie tries and fails to be bigger than the coach and the team, plus all the attendant public drama and complaining which that would entail from Boogie. And I don't think Sacto's desperate enough to trade Boogie away (if they're thinking trade at all) to agree to a trade which would allow us to do that.

I continue to be thoroughly skeptical that a trade for Boogie is there which would make us a better team. Given Boogie's talent level, I would love to be proven wrong, but I doubt I ever would be.
                          Good analysis. We are not getting DMC not is any other team. Kings currently are married to building around him.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

Idk, Masai can be a scary guy

He's pretty alpha dog to me. Its why no secrets get out.

Comment

• I'm fascinated with Jahlil Okafor, I say we should pull a trigger on him.

Toronto out, Jonas, Bebe, and PP, 2017 1st round pick from LAC
                              Toronto in, Okafor, Landry, and RCovington, 2017 1st round pick

Raps lineups
                              Lowry, Joseph, DWright
                              Derozan, Powell,
                              DMC, Covington, Bruno
                              Landry,
                              Okafor, Biyombo

We have Ross as trade bait for a starting PF, possibly Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas and two picks of ours and veteran signing.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                                I'm fascinated with Jahlil Okafor, I say we should pull a trigger on him.

Toronto out, Jonas, Bebe, and PP, 2017 1st round pick from LAC
                                Toronto in, Okafor, Landry, and RCovington, 2017 1st round pick

Raps lineups
                                Lowry, Joseph, DWright
                                Derozan, Powell,
                                DMC, Covington, Bruno
                                Landry,
                                Okafor, Biyombo

We have Ross as trade bait for a starting PF, possibly Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas and two picks of ours and veteran signing.
                                That is unquestionably a worse team than just making no moves.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X