Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6GOD wrote: View Post
    Although Gasol would like to play for a contender, he also wants to get paid. He's not going to take a David West deal, cause he already got rings.
    I don't have it handy but I read he's prioritizing winning over money. He wants to be on a contender. I have no clue what his price tag is.

Comment

• Defensively, though, Gasol is purely a 5 at this point in his career. Doesn't stand a chance guarding quicker 4s. Don't think you can play him with JV against good teams.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Defensively, though, Gasol is purely a 5 at this point in his career. Doesn't stand a chance guarding quicker 4s. Don't think you can play him with JV against good teams.
        Back to my original point of Horford. He is the best fit overall...
        - skills: can defend the 4 or 5 / can rebound / can shoot the ball / can post up
        - position: PF and C
        - experience: he is a proven all-star and a win now guy. He's pretty much the same age as Lowry and his game doesn't require athleticism

Comment

Back to my original point of Horford. He is the best fit overall...
          - skills: can defend the 4 or 5 / can rebound / can shoot the ball / can post up
          - position: PF and C
          - experience: he is a proven all-star and a win now guy. He's pretty much the same age as Lowry and his game doesn't require athleticism
          He's also 32, and will cost a max contract. There's very little chance he's going to be worth the $30 million we'd be paying him in 3-4 years.

Comment

He's also 32, and will cost a max contract. There's very little chance he's going to be worth the $30 million we'd be paying him in 3-4 years.
            He's actually 30...

Comment

Horford is 29. Well 30 (in 3 days)

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Better start crowdfunding a gift to Horford from Toronto...

Comment

Oh, that's not too bad then. Don't mind him being same age as KL, would provide a decent window. I think I could try to live with his potential albatross of contract in 4 years after 4 years of challenging for a championship. Should be right about time for a rebuild then anyway.

But DD would have to go right? I can live with that btw, but it would mean we'd have to go out and get a 2. Could we possibly fit Horford and Batum? Would DD take less for a championship caliber roster over 4 years or so? Would there ever be enough touches / shots to go round for that 5, could they sacrifice their individual games for the whole?

One of the reasons I like Ibaka is he doesn't need the ball to be effective. I want JV more involved in the office, don't necessarily need another mouth to feed (at a huge cap hit) on offence.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                    Oh, that's not too bad then. Don't mind him being same age as KL, would provide a decent window. I think I could try to live with his potential albatross of contract in 4 years after 4 years of challenging for a championship. Should be right about time for a rebuild then anyway.

But DD would have to go right? I can live with that btw, but it would mean we'd have to go out and get a 2. Could we possibly fit Horford and Batum? Would DD take less for a championship caliber roster over 4 years or so? Would there ever be enough touches / shots to go round for that 5, could they sacrifice their individual games for the whole?

One of the reasons I like Ibaka is he doesn't need the ball to be effective. I want JV more involved in the office, don't necessarily need another mouth to feed (at a huge cap hit) on offence.
                    Have you not read the first post...started this thread to answer the question of whether Raps can sign Demar + a max FA.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post

Horford can be obtained with DD still here. Would require a S&T though. Which means Atlanta would be in the driver's seat. I suspect a package of Ross+2Pat+9 would get us talking. Horford would have to want to come here though.. and if there are other teams (with cap space) trying to land him.. then Masai would have an up hill climb.

If DD walks then we can easily sign him. Would still require trading Ross for cap space. But then we lose some guard depth for sure.

Batum is most likely staying with Charlotte.. fiba.com had a piece about that. He wants to get a deal done quickly so that he can play for France. It would be really difficult to get both. One would have to be signed as a free agent, the other in a S&T. And Ross can't be used in the S&T since he'd already be traded for cap relief to sign the first agent. Which means probably trading Carroll too. We would then lose our SF depth as well.

If DD walks, then we have to go to Plan C in free agency. Look for guys like Mayo and Henderson or Martin. Cheap vets and see if they are available for a low price. Maybe 1 year deals.

Comment

You're right, I was confusing Millsap and Horford, because we were talking about Millsap a few days ago.

Comment

Although Gasol would like to play for a contender, he also wants to get paid. He's not going to take a David West deal, cause he already got rings.
                          He's already got money too. Boatloads of it. Do you really want to finish your career playing out the string on a shitty team over a few million bucks, when you've already got hundreds of millions?

For me it's an easy choice. I don't get guys like carmelo Anthony who already have more money than they could ever spend going to losers over what amounts to maybe 2% of their lifetime earnings. 80 cars is more important than legacy I guess.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I say no to this.

What we need to do is play the cap smart. Masai not going to target the big FA guys. Who was taking about Joseph, Scola or even Biyombo last year? (We did talk about Carroll though, and I was huge advocate for the guy. Still am.)

There are going to be guys that fly under the radar in FA. What we need is a new backup SF and a player who can split minutes with Patt at PF. Patt can handle 20-25 minutes a game and his D was huge this year.

I also think we have flexibility due to our combo guards/wings in Powell & Ross. Both guys could fetch value on the market and free up space.

The draft is also an area where we can save cash if we are smart. Masai's a pretty good drafter and will get the guys he thinks fit our teams mold the best.

I'm tired of people wanting superstars or guys past their prime. What we need is depth and flexibility. Not a guy who just wants cash. We need players who are willing to play as unit.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• If this franchise is thinking of keeping Demar..it ain't gonna b for 15 million..lol. There are plenty of teams ready 2 give him more 20 million,which is crazy..but that's the market. If Masai is going with this core,then he gonna have 2 go get a real credible PF...simple Demarcus Cousins.
                              Do u want 2 contend or B in Lebron Shadow every Final..What I really want is KD join the raptors,but I'm realist and I can never c that happening. Next best thing is Demarcus Cousins,just bc u can acquire that asset and his on ure books for another 2,3 years I believe for reasonable money.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Sign a backup SF and PF... with what? You have no cap space left. You aren't getting good or even decent players for the vet's minimum this summer.
                                Another slight problem:
                                92 mil with only 9 players. Need at least 3 more minimum players & no room (92 mil likely over the cap).

Comment

Working...
                                X