Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6GOD wrote: View Post
    As the Raptors currently stand without bringing back any players (Demar included), they have roughly $72M in salary with 10 players on the roster.

Let say the cap will be at $92M for this upcoming season, that's a difference of $20M to spend ($92M - $72M).

If the Raps can somehow trade Ross ($10M) + Patterson ($6M) + Bebe ($2M) + #9 draft pick ($2M) without taking salary back, this adds up to roughly $40M of cap space.

You offer Horford a max at $25M = $15M left on the cap, which is the amount to keep Demar's right.

After the moves above, Raps will have 9 players on the roster at roughly $92M (this only includes Demar's rights and not his full contract, which the Raps can go above the cap).

I think this is the only way the Raps can sign Demar + another max player.

JV - $14m
    Carroll - $14M
    Lowry - $12M
    Joseph - $7M
    Caboclo - $1.5M
    Wright - $1.5M
    Powell - $900k
    Horford - $25M
    Demar's rights - $15M

Total - roughly $92 mill
    Horford did Not look good in playoffs spending 25M on guy looking for his last big payday smells of Turkiglu.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      With no cap space, and no tradeable assets left, and no injury protection for your bigs, and you need Bruno to become a serviceable NBA player next year, right away. Oh, and a 32-year old Horford is being paid $100 mil over the next 4 years by you.
      Holy time machine! Al Horford is 32 now?!
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

You're right, I was confusing Millsap and Horford, because we were talking about Millsap a few days ago.
        Millsap is 31.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
          If this franchise is thinking of keeping Demar..it ain't gonna b for 15 million..lol. There are plenty of teams ready 2 give him more 20 million,which is crazy..but that's the market. If Masai is going with this core,then he gonna have 2 go get a real credible PF...simple Demarcus Cousins.
          I don't think anyone was suggesting $15 million for DeRozan. That's his cap hold, which is relevant in the 'ditch salary to get way under the cap, sign a big FA, then resign DeRozan to a market-value deal' plan that the OP suggests.

Comment

• Am I the only one who doesnt like Horford? Trading all these assets and giving him a big contract doesnt sound good to me.
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• I like Horford better than I like Patrick Patterson. As long as he doesn't tear is pectorals again
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Am I the only one who doesnt like Horford? Trading all these assets and giving him a big contract doesnt sound good to me.
                I think most of us like Horford.
                However, to fit him under the cap we would have to clear out a lot salaries. It would leave us without a lot of bench. Thus we would rely on minimum guys & hope that Bruno, Bebe...are ready to contribute.
                Also, giving a 30 year old with injury history 4 yrs & 100 mil. Don't know. I would not go for it (and yest I like Horford too). Simply, we would be putting ALL or most of our eggs/assets in 1 basket & I'm not convinced it would be enough to get out of East.
                Last edited by Mapko; Fri Jun 3, 2016, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                  I think most of us like Horford.
                  However, to fit him under the cap we would have to clear out a lot salaries. It would leave us without a lot of bench. Thus we would rely on minimum guys & hope that Bruno, Bebe...are ready to contribute.
                  Also, giving a 32 year old with injury history 4 yrs & 100 mil. Don't know. I would not go for it (and yest I like Horford too). Simply, we would be putting ALL or most of our eggs/assets in 1 basket & I'm not convinced it would be enough to get out of East.
                  Horford just turned 30 today

Comment

• 6GOD wrote: View Post
                    Second option...

Instead of signing Horford to a max, get Pau Gasol for about $10M or less + role players
                    IMO that makes a lot more sense. And to accomplish that all we would have to do is trade TRoss for not much in return. LIkely doable.
                    Gasol give you a decent 4-5 combo.
                    Defensively? Another story.

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                      Horford just turned 30 today
                      I stand corrected. I fixed it in my post too.
                      Thanks

Comment

• How about JV + #9 for DeMarcus Cousins?

Obviously the biggest question with Cousins is maturity, but Raptors brass had that talk with Lowry and it seemed to take. Could we do the same with DeMarcus Cousins? Cousins along with Lowry and DeRozan could work. We'd still have a hole at PF but I think we could make do because Cousins is much more of a (consistent) dominant force inside.

JV, we've seen him do a lot too and borderlining dominance towards the end before he was hurt in the playoffs. But DMC has been dominant for several years, and with the right mind set and change of scenery, he could really get going.

If we do lose Lowry after his final year we'd have two very very good players left.

DMC/JV same contract, although JV is longer I think. Pay is the same.
                        Last edited by ebrian; Fri Jun 3, 2016, 08:33 PM.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

• Nah JV per 36 in the playoffs was 18.5pts 14.3 rebounds and 2 blocks...solid, stable, and not a headcase.
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I don't see Boogie as solving a lot of problems if he costs JV. Is he going to be happy deferring to DeMar and Kyle?

You can say they'll defer to Boogie, but... all evidence thus far says otherwise. Why not stay with our guy who is younger, almost as good as Boogie was at the same age, and a good teammate?
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

I don't see Boogie as solving a lot of problems if he costs JV. Is he going to be happy deferring to DeMar and Kyle?

You can say they'll defer to Boogie, but... all evidence thus far says otherwise. Why not stay with our guy who is younger, almost as good as Boogie was at the same age, and a good teammate?
                              Because Boogie could rule the East after the age of LeBron.

Seriously, I know he's nuts but god damn he's a monster, a top 5 talent and what he needs to grow up is tailor made for what the Raps have built. Yeah it's a gamble and it's a tough sell to gamble at all right now, but dat upside tho...

I mean how could you not want to watch a Lowry - DeRozan - Carroll - Patterson - Cousins lineup? That team would be a nightmare matchup, DeRozan's game would open up a ton with Cousins spacing the floor and it certainly wouldn't hurt Lowry's. More importantly he brings much needed passing skill and the ability to effectively generate great looks in the paint when the defence overplays on the wings. And if he actually tried on defence....?

He also might kick DeRozan's kid on the locker room. Who knows?

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                                Because Boogie could rule the East after the age of LeBron.

Seriously, I know he's nuts but god damn he's a monster, a top 5 talent and what he needs to grow up is tailor made for what the Raps have built. Yeah it's a gamble and it's a tough sell to gamble at all right now, but dat upside tho...

I mean how could you not want to watch a Lowry - DeRozan - Carroll - Patterson - Cousins lineup? That team would be a nightmare matchup, DeRozan's game would open up a ton with Cousins spacing the floor and it certainly wouldn't hurt Lowry's. More importantly he brings much needed passing skill and the ability to effectively generate great looks in the paint when the defence overplays on the wings. And if he actually tried on defence....?

He also might kick DeRozan's kid on the locker room. Who knows?
                                But the benefit of Boogie is that he's unguardable... and JV is also unguardable, and younger, and cheaper, and not a headcase, and a good locker room guy.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X