Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    Me too. Only problem is he isn't much of a shooter and that might make them a little more hesitant.
    Ross, Wright & No 9 for Favors?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Again, it can't be worse than having Scola in there, and Scola probably got most of his minutes with JV and DeMar.
      Scola didnt play heavy minutes consistantly though. Also offensively his jumper was respectable, although his defense was a joke. I love a frontcourt rotation of JV/PPat/Favors just not sure DD fits into this. You could still sign him to see if it fit then trade someone if need be.

Comment

• Nets Expected To Acquire First-Round Pick
        June 13th 2016 at 8:53am CST by Luke Adams
        The Celtics own the Nets’ first-round pick in this year’s draft, but that doesn’t mean Brooklyn won’t end up being involved in the first round next Thursday. According to Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders (Twitter link), people around the NBA expect the Nets to acquire a first-round pick, with an agent and a rival executive both telling him with confidence that Brooklyn will get back into the first round.

The Nets likely don’t have the trade ammunition to land a pick in the top half of the first round, but there could be a handful of willing trade partners closer to the end of the round. The Celtics, Nuggets, Suns, and 76ers all have three first-round picks apiece, and likely won’t use all of them. The Raptors also hold an extra first-rounder, and are expected to move at least one of their two picks.

[RELATED: 2016 NBA draft picks by team]

Of course, Brooklyn won’t be the only club making an effort to move into the back half of the first round — the Nets aren’t even the only New York team in the market for a pick. We heard back in May that the Knicks plan on trading into the draft, either in the second round or late in the first.

With only about $47MM in guaranteed salary on their books for 2016/17, the Nets’ taxpaying days are likely behind them for the foreseeable future. Still, adding a young player on a rookie contract would help keep costs down as the team goes through its rebuilding phase.

RETWEETLIKESEND VIA EMAIL
        Thad Young still feels like the most realistic option for the Raps to upgrade that PF spot. He simply man handled Draymond Green in two match-ups to the tone of 25.5 PTS, 12 REB, 1.5 AST, 1.3 STL, 1.0 BLK, .561 FG

As we all know, the Nets don’t own their own first round draft pick until 2019. Brooklyn has absolutely no chance of making it into the postseason this upcoming without major upgrades from Marks and management.

Toronto has aspirations to make some noise in the postseason, and they did just that this postseason after they made it to the Eastern Conference Finals against the Cleveland Cavaliers. But before that, they had two consecutive first round exits has to make Masai Ujiri and company wonder if they need to acquire one more big name player to help Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan guide their team through the playoffs.

NETS GET
        PG, DELON WRIGHT, PF, PATRICK PATTERSON, 9TH OVERALL PICK

RAPTORS GET
        PF, THADDEUS YOUNG
        The NBA is changing, putting an emphasis on big guys than can play the stretch-four position. The Raptors need a major upgrade in that area. Luis Scola was a solid NBA player but he’s not a player the Raptors need. Young is 27-years-old and he improved his game significantly last offseason. Young signed a contract worth 4 years, $50 Million last offseason and Brooklyn likes the frontcourt that they have in place of Young and Lopez.

But the Nets could take a baby step in the rebuilding process with a trade with the Raptors.

The Nets need help at pretty much every position outside of Lopez. In a start against the Nets on April 13 at the Barclays Center, Wright had one of his best performances of the season, showing his promise as a prospect.

Delon Wright vs. Brooklyn Nets

Basic Box Score Stats
        MP FG FGA FG% FT FTA FT% TRB AST BLK PTS
        37:07 7 14 .500 4 4 1.000 5 7 2 18

The NBA has been an adjustment for Wright. The 23-year-old, who led the Utah Utes to the Sweet 16 his final year in college, was named the 2015 Bob Cousy Award winner for being the nation’s best point guard.

The trade also allows the Nets to pick in the first-round of this year’s draft. There’s a lot of promising players Brooklyn could choose with the ninth overall pick. The proposed offer is fair and gives both teams something that they lack
        http://nothinbutnets.com/2016/06/17/...trade-asset/2/
        Replace 2pat with Ross and add Bogdanovic and I do the trade. Masai get his starting 4 and back 3 in one deal. I'm really not impressed with the players around the 9th overall pick.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Thad Young still feels like the most realistic option for the Raps to upgrade that PF spot. He simply man handled Draymond Green in two match-ups to the tone of 25.5 PTS, 12 REB, 1.5 AST, 1.3 STL, 1.0 BLK, .561 FG

Replace 2pat with Ross and add Bogdanovic and I do the trade. Masai get his starting 4 and back 3 in one deal. I'm really not impressed with the players around the 9th overall pick.
          The first part of that article, that the Nets are apparently getting a 1st round pick, was a rumor. The trade was just speculation.

That's a lot to give up for Thad Young, and he doesn't fundamentally move our ceiling.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• thad young is not that good

Comment

• There is no way I give up the 9 or Patterson for Thad. Let alone both AND Wright.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                The first part of that article, that the Nets are apparently getting a 1st round pick, was a rumor. The trade was just speculation.

That's a lot to give up for Thad Young, and he doesn't fundamentally move our ceiling.
                Thad Young and Bojan make this team better. Wright doesn't play. Ross has been replaced with Norm. Seem like the best we can hope for at 9(if no one drops) is rotational player.
                DanH wrote: View Post
                There is no way I give up the 9 or Patterson for Thad. Let alone both AND Wright.
                That's why I said exchange 2pat for Ross and add Bojan. Wright is not going to play for this team any time soon. Might as well get something for him.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Thad Young and Bojan make this team better. Wright doesn't play. Ross has been replaced with Norm. Seem like the best we can hope for at 9(if no one drops) is rotational player.

That's why I said exchange 2pat for Ross and add Bojan. Wright is not going to play for this team any time soon. Might as well get something for him.
                  I get that Ross has been replaced by Powell in your mind, but he wasn't in our rotations in the playoffs. Ross was playing in the Miami and Cleveland series, Norm wasn't. Aside from that, you're sending less value from our team(2Pat is clearly better than Ross), and asking for more in return as well?

Comment

[citation needed]

Wright is a lowry or joseph injury away from playing major minutes as is. Plus we have him well controlled as an asset going forward.

Powell is getting massively overhyped. in no way did he "replace" ross, at least not yet. Can he? it's possible, sure. it's also possible he won't.

9th overall pick alone is more valuable than thad young.

Comment

• wouldn't give up the 9th pick, but Ross + Raps 2016 + Clips 2017 I'd consider.

Comment

I get that Ross has been replaced by Powell in your mind, but he wasn't in our rotations in the playoffs. Ross was playing in the Miami and Cleveland series, Norm wasn't. Aside from that, you're sending less value from our team(2Pat is clearly better than Ross), and asking for more in return as well?
                        Well, 2pat + 9 for Thad Young sounds like a robbery, so I would also send less value and ask for more in return...

Personally I think Ross + 27 would be about fair.

Comment

Exactly 9th pick and 2pat would be too much. That why I added exchanged for Ross. I think Masai said that Powell would be a prominent player in this league and said nothing about Ross. Its pretty obvious that Powell has surpassed Ross in not just the fans eyes but, Masai's as well. Plus you replace the only thing(Shoot 3s) Ross does well with Bojan.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            wouldn't give up the 9th pick, but Ross + Raps 2016 + Clips 2017 I'd consider.
                            Nah 2017 is monster draft. This draft is a bunch of rotational players after the the top 8.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Exactly 9th pick and 2pat would be too much. That why I added exchanged for Ross. I think Masai said that Powell would be a prominent player in this league and said nothing about Ross. Its pretty obvious that Powell has surpassed Ross in not just the fans eyes but, Masai's as well. Plus you replace the only thing(Shoot 3s) Ross does well with Bojan.
                              [citation needed]

Comment

You realize that Masai, during his presser, was answering questions?

He was asked a direct question about Powell, he wasn't about Ross.

Comment

Working...
                                X