Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebrian wrote: View Post
    I believe our window of opportunity is 1 year with Lowry and then we lose him (or at the very least, lose this version of him due to age). The only way for us to better our results from this season is to make a trade. Signing DeRozan and grabbing a few "under-the-radar" free agents simply isn't going to cut it. Moving guys so we can sign Biyombo will not do it.

We will not get past Cleveland with any of these above scenarios.

There was some good discussion over Cousins for JV but it appears there are more against it than for it. Personally, I think most people are blinded by a horribly run franchise and not seeing a player who is absolutely dominant at this point in his career. I mean, we are talking about the Kings here, that is one of the worst run franchises in sports, let alone the NBA. I think JV could reach DMC's level some day and is probably a nicer guy, but he's a couple of years away and Lowry will be old or gone by then. One could also argue that the fact JV is much nicer of a guy is the reason he'll never be as dominant as Cousins.

Anyway, let's move on and discuss the next "Big" move that would bring us above where we ended this season.
    I think we are closer to getting past this years version of the Cav's than I have in the past. When we played with better ball movement like earlier this season we were able to give GS a good run for their money with our combination of scoring and defence. The same GS that is whooping the Cav's in the finals. We need to really commit to what type of offence we want to run and like most teams watching the finals I think we make have to look at incorporating more ball movement. Unlike a lot of other teams though I think we have more of the required personnel to run that type of offence. Who knows, maybe a savvy pick up or two this off season and we can take the Cav's down.

Comment

• tenforthewin wrote: View Post
      I'm fascinated with Jahlil Okafor, I say we should pull a trigger on him.

Toronto out, Jonas, Bebe, and PP, 2017 1st round pick from LAC
      Toronto in, Okafor, Landry, and RCovington, 2017 1st round pick

Raps lineups
      Lowry, Joseph, DWright
      Derozan, Powell,
      DMC, Covington, Bruno
      Landry,
      Okafor, Biyombo

We have Ross as trade bait for a starting PF, possibly Terrence Jones, Donatas Motiejunas and two picks of ours and veteran signing.
      Oh, no. No thanks.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• What you've described about Boogie is similar to what Larry Brown had to endure with Allen Iverson; the big difference being that Philadelphia was a better run franchise at the time. And it's not dissimilar with Kyle Lowry, except the difference is Cousins (and Iverson) are/were supreme talents while Lowry was barely a starter at the time. If Lowry had been a top 5 pick, we would have been talking about the same thing when Colangelo traded for him.

Bottom line for me is that I have faith in our brass to get a person like Cousins turned in the right direction. And I agree, there's a lot of risk here. There are a lot more headcases in the NBA that failed horribly than those who triumphed and became true stars.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          I think we are closer to getting past this years version of the Cav's than I have in the past. When we played with better ball movement like earlier this season we were able to give GS a good run for their money with our combination of scoring and defence. The same GS that is whooping the Cav's in the finals. We need to really commit to what type of offence we want to run and like most teams watching the finals I think we make have to look at incorporating more ball movement. Unlike a lot of other teams though I think we have more of the required personnel to run that type of offence. Who knows, maybe a savvy pick up or two this off season and we can take the Cav's down.
          I've got a pretty strong feeling that Toronto vs. GSW in the postseason wouldn't be nearly as close as the games were in the regular season...
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Is it possible to trade for Paul George? 4 picks + a prospect lets do it
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
              Is it possible to trade for Paul George? 4 picks + a prospect lets do it
              Yes. Is it possible to outbid every other team? No.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Offensively Kevin Love would fit like a glove here, although idk how well he'd work defensively with JV. We'd dominate the defensive glass, but pick and roll defense might be a problem.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Kevin Love is equal parts fragile and flawed. I'd rather have Millsap.

Comment

• Gambino wrote: View Post
                      Offensively Kevin Love would fit like a glove here, although idk how well he'd work defensively with JV. We'd dominate the defensive glass, but pick and roll defense might be a problem.
                      Naw, offensively Kevin Love would be underused and an awkward fit here, just like he is in Cleveland. He has a great post game they can't use, and neither could the Raptors with a guard-heavy offence and a developing JV. Love would be reduced to a stretch four, and I'd rather find one of those who can play defence and maybe costs a bit less (though that might not happen with the rising cap).

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        I've got a pretty strong feeling that Toronto vs. GSW in the postseason wouldn't be nearly as close as the games were in the regular season...
                        Agree, but I was referring more to how to beat the Cav's. We played well against GS by playing their type of game with good ball movement and good defence, so I feel like we are closer to mimicking their type of team than a lot of other people trying to do it. Not saying we are as good as them.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Agree, but I was referring more to how to beat the Cav's. We played well against GS by playing their type of game with good ball movement and good defence, so I feel like we are closer to mimicking their type of team than a lot of other people trying to do it. Not saying we are as good as them.
                          Yeah I'd be interested in seeing how a peak Raptors matched up against GS, even in the playoffs. The next step for this team next year is to actually play at their peak in the postseason. We saw a couple games of that, but not nearly enough.

Comment

• Kevin Love's salary in 2016-17 is $21m. Given the Raptors' salaries and cap holds, it is doable only if you trade Ross and one of Patterson or CoJo (or Ross+Bebe+Delon), and renounce all of Biz/JJ/Scola/Nando/Thompson.

And yes, his pick-n-roll defense can basically be compared to a sieve.

It's not worth it.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Am I the only one who doesnt like Horford? Trading all these assets and giving him a big contract doesnt sound good to me.
                              I'm very heavily leaning this way with respect to the team's future.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Kevin Love is so available after this series...some team is gonna fit him and Howard together
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X