No announcement yet.

Offseason Trade Proposal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But teams make trades that look bad for one team all the time. That's how teams often times improve themselves.

And really let's say that Atlanta knows they're going to lose Horford, there might be no feasible way to replace his production. Then you know if you take a step back it's possible Millsap just walks in 2017 for nothing. How many teams are going to/can offer a top 10 pick and a young 2-way wing locked up on a friendly contract for a 'rental'?

Comment

Gambino wrote: View Post
      But teams make trades that look bad for one team all the time. That's how teams often times improve themselves.

And really let's say that Atlanta knows they're going to lose Horford, there might be no feasible way to replace his production. Then you know if you take a step back it's possible Millsap just walks in 2017 for nothing. How many teams are going to/can offer a top 10 pick and a young 2-way wing locked up on a friendly contract for a 'rental'?
      Teams make bad trades SOMETIMES, but you can't count on an opposing GM making a stupid trade.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
        Teams make bad trades SOMETIMES, but you can't count on an opposing GM making a stupid trade.
        At least not until the Knicks and Nets have assets worth trading for again
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          I'll start by saying that Derrick Favors would look amazingly great next to JV. Both are legit force inside, can defend, rebound and shoot the ball... and are young.

I just don't know what it would need to get him from the Jazz...
          Get in the line. There are prob 20 plus teams that he would look great.
          Personally, he would be my No 1 target -solid, young, two way player. Cost to get him? Who knows?

Comment

I think the highest cost asset this summer is going to be top notch Power Forwards. There's only a handful of them in the league, and almost every team can use one. Even the teams trading them away. Clippers trading Blake? Why wouldn't they want someone like Horford, Millsap, or Cousins back.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              Given that DeMar will be back, we have to go the trade route to get that missing piece at the 4. Who would you target if not Favors?
              Three criteria we should be looking for:
              - Can shoot 3s or is really solid in mid-range
              - Experienced in the playoffs
              - Solid Defender
              So if we really want to get someone that ticks all these 3 marks and is possible to get I see only one guy: Paul Milsap (his , and that's also if 1 of 2 happens: either Atlant embraces that their window faded and it's to move to Schroder centered rebuild or Horford bolts and they are forced to do that. Also you have to hope that are no other suitors with similar or better assets at that point (like Boston) and they bite on sth like that, matching salaries is really hard in this situation:
              ATL Gets:
              - Tor 1st 2017
              - Clippers '17
              - Tor 1st 2019
              - T.J. Ross
              - Bebe
              - Wright
              - Bruno
              TOR Gets:
              - Paul Milsap

It's just basic framework of what Milsap might cost in the trade, but lurking through stats and possibilities it's only option that moves the needle.

Comment

Majesiu wrote: View Post
                Three criteria we should be looking for:
                - Can shoot 3s or is really solid in mid-range
                - Experienced in the playoffs
                - Solid Defender
                So if we really want to get someone that ticks all these 3 marks and is possible to get I see only one guy: Paul Milsap (his , and that's also if 1 of 2 happens: either Atlant embraces that their window faded and it's to move to Schroder centered rebuild or Horford bolts and they are forced to do that. Also you have to hope that are no other suitors with similar or better assets at that point (like Boston) and they bite on sth like that, matching salaries is really hard in this situation:
                ATL Gets:
                - Tor 1st 2017
                - Clippers '17
                - Tor 1st 2019
                - T.J. Ross
                - Bebe
                - Wright
                - Bruno
                TOR Gets:
                - Paul Milsap

It's just basic framework of what Milsap might cost in the trade, but lurking through stats and possibilities it's only option that moves the needle.
                That's a lot for one guy. That would really put a clamp on our future.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                  That's the most realistic version of a Millsap trade I've seen. Trading for a All-NBA guy is an "All-in" move. And even what Majesiu posted might not be enough. Could easily see Atlanta wanting Powell instead of one of the other young guys. Bebe, Wright and Bruno are all completely unproven assets. Also could see them asking for the #9 instead of our pick.

Comment

Terrence Ross and the #9 Draft Pick to Atlanta for Millsap?
                    Go win now? man, I love that no. 9 pick.....

Comment

Teague, Hardaway, and Bebe to Utah
                      Caroll, Ross, our LAC pick, and our 9th pick to Atlanta
                      Millsap to Toronto

Edit: Favors also to Atlanta

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                        That's the most realistic version of a Millsap trade I've seen. Trading for a All-NBA guy is an "All-in" move. And even what Majesiu posted might not be enough. Could easily see Atlanta wanting Powell instead of one of the other young guys. Bebe, Wright and Bruno are all completely unproven assets. Also could see them asking for the #9 instead of our pick.
                        I suggested Ross+#9 as a base for a trade. I don't think I'd really hesitate to add in future picks and a couple prospects to sweeten the pot. Just meant Ross and the 9th would be the main pieces involved.

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                          Teague, Hardaway, and Bebe to Utah
                          Caroll, Ross, our LAC pick, and our 9th pick to Atlanta
                          Millsap to Toronto
                          You don't have Utah trading anything in that deal man.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                            Yes, but we get 2 guys in this year draft and still rotation really would be set for quite some time:
                            KL/CJ
                            DD/NP
                            JYD 2.0/Pick
                            Milsap/PPat
                            JV/Pick

Also that squad should attract some valuable pieces after waivers and veteran minimums.
                            Other proposals seems really unrealistic, just in matching salaries ross+picks for milsap doesn't seem to work and 1 lotto pick won't cut it either.

Comment

You don't have Utah trading anything in that deal man.
                              Meant to put Favors to Atlanta

Comment

I suggested Ross+#9 as a base for a trade. I don't think I'd really hesitate to add in future picks and a couple prospects to sweeten the pot. Just meant Ross and the 9th would be the main pieces involved.
                                The closest thing to Paul Millsap that's been traded recently was the Kevin Garnett trade. Also, just over 30, but still an All-Star, All-NBA, All-Defensive guy. Garnett was better than Millsap, but it's closer than you think.

Boston gave up Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Al Jefferson, Theo Ratliff, Sebastian Telfair, the #6 pick and the #28 pick in that deal. Green was 21, viewed as a top shooting prospect. Jefferson was one of the best rebounders in the league with a 19.8 PER before he was traded.

So two very good players, plus two first round picks, plus other assets.

Comment

Working...
                                X