Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    Again... they don't have to!

Patrick Patterson can be the starter if the #9 pick can play 15-20 minutes off the bench.
    Id rather have 2pat in his comfort zone coming off the bench playing some where under 25 mins a game. Playoffs showed us 2pat can't be as effective when playing big mins.

Young/2pat > 2pat/rookie.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Simply put, unless we're trading at least for not just a legit starter, but at least someone with close to all-star impact, it is retarded as fuck to move the 9th pick. I'd love for it to be an all-star, but someone like Favors is probably the floor for me being willing to move this pick (Favors may never make an all-star game but definitely is a 2-way impact player and quality starter).

Trade it for Thad Young and Bojan? Rather keep Ross and the pick and draft Davis. Hell, even Skal if Masai feels he has any shot of not being a total fucking bust. Those 27 year old limited role players do not move the needle and cannot be long-term answers to anything. What do we upgrade? I'd rather start Pat than Thad, which means we're trading the #9 and Ross for a backup 3/4 and a backup shooting wing (and Bojan provides zero value on D as well and doesn't shoot better than Ross).

Comment

Again... they don't have to!

Patrick Patterson can be the starter if the #9 pick can play 15-20 minutes off the bench.
        In fact with our starting lineup as is, I'd argue Patterson should be the starter even if we trade for Thad.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          That's why you have to add a pick to add more value. No one is giving up anything good for Ross straight up.
          Well in your scenario no one is giving up anything good for Ross plus the pick, so that seems like bad asset management.

Comment

An easy thing to say, every year. Thing is, the current year's draft class has always undergone more scrutiny, and after a season of people looking at them more closely, next year's draft class may not look impressive either.
            Well, rabb is mocked at 13 atm. 100% I would take him over what's projected at 9 right now. If he stayed in this draft I wouldn't be debating the guys we are now.

Comment

I disagree with that premise. There just aren't a ton of great catch and shoot guys in the league. That's the entire basis for people assuming he brings a lot of value in a trade, right?

If he's easily replaceable, he doesn't have much trade value.
              Compared to JV, Carroll, DD, Lowry, Cojo, and Patterson, yeah, he's the most easily replaceable given what he brings to the table. This team doesn't need a Ross type catch and shoot player to be successful. How many games did Ross win us this year? How many times was he the difference between winning and losing? We need an upgrade over Scola more than we need Ross. Young would be that upgrade. Not sure it's the move that takes us over the top, and I'm not even sure I'd focus on trading for him as there are other players I'd rather have. But it is a realistic option to consider, and it probably wouldn't take a hell of alot to get him. Unless Ross is a hell of alot.

Comment

Id rather have 2pat in his comfort zone coming off the bench playing some where under 25 mins a game. Playoffs showed us 2pat can't be as effective when playing big mins.

Young/2pat > 2pat/rookie.
                2Pat was excellent in the playoffs!

He was great as a starter too.

Our starting lineup with 2Pat was excellent. Our bench without him was awful.

This whole 'comfort zone' thing is ridiculous. We spent all season actively avoiding playing him in the starting lineup, then were shocked when he needed time to adjust to being there.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Well in your scenario no one is giving up anything good for Ross plus the pick, so that seems like bad asset management.
                  Your entitled to your own opinion. He averages 15 and 9. He dominates the best defender(Draymond Green) at his position. He is 27 and is making the same amount as Ross(25 years old). Sound like good assest management to me.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Your entitled to your own opinion. He averages 15 and 9. He dominates the best defender(Draymond Green) at his position. He is 27 and is making the same amount as Ross(25 years old). Sound like good assest management to me.
                    Green against Brooklyn: 19/9.5/9.5 on 50% from the field, 44% from 3, +28 net rating.

Yeah... Dray got killed by Thad.

Comment

2Pat was excellent in the playoffs!

He was great as a starter too.

Our starting lineup with 2Pat was excellent. Our bench without him was awful.

This whole 'comfort zone' thing is ridiculous. We spent all season actively avoiding playing him in the starting lineup, then were shocked when he needed time to adjust to being there.
                      Why would Masai say they need a starting PF if he already believed he had one?
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Green against Brooklyn: 19/9.5/9.5 on 50% from the field, 44% from 3, +28 net rating.

Yeah... Dray got killed by Thad.
                        Sorry maybe Draymond not having an answer for Young defensively was the better way to put it. I don't think most forwards can average 25 and 12 against Draymond.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Sorry maybe Draymond not having an answer for Young defensively was the better way to put it. I don't think most forwards can average 25 and 12 against Draymond.
                          Sample size? Two games.

Literally meaningless. He had a -53 net rating and averaged 9/8 against San Antonio.

Comment

• Thad Young is terrible. I have no idea why people are obsessed with him.
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Sample size? Two games.

Literally meaningless. He had a -53 net rating and averaged 9/8 against San Antonio.
                              On the whole season(bigger sample size) he average 15 points and 9 rebounds against starters. As well being a pretty good perimeter defender.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

On the whole season(bigger sample size) he average 15 points and 9 rebounds against starters.
                                With average-ish efficiency, huge usage, below average defense and high minutes. He's DeMar DeRozan: the Power Forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X