X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    20 minutes? Where's that number from?
    The delusional world of 6God.

Dude has 8 posts and not one of them has any dribblet of useful NBA knowledge

Comment

I said "around" 20 mins per game.

26 mins per game is "around" 20 minutes.

Comment

6GOD wrote: View Post

You are either a troll or an idiot. Either way you're wrong.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Ross HAS to go. Norman Powell has a much larger impact on the game than Ross does and I imagine he'll be even better next season. Package Ross with Bebe and our late first and try to land Terrance Jones + Motiejunas/Capela
          I agree with your thesis but I'm not sure that I want any part of the mess of PFs from Houston.

Comment

You realize the point you just made right? More minutes doesn't mean more production. More shots doesn't mean more point.

Have you considered why he only average around 20 mins per game.
            1) fatigue
            2) foul trouble
            3) lack of trust from the coach
            4) liability on defence

Again...I like JV as a player, but definitely not the face of a franchise.
            Taking more shots will definitely lead to more points for an NBA player and more

Comment

If I were Masai I would call Colangelo and say "I want to give you Ross back, you picked him and he was your safe pick, so now I want to make a trade for an unsafe player like Embiid's corpse, its a win -win situation!"

Comment

Only evidence you need is Dwane Casey...he's the one playing JV around 20 mins a game.

Basketball is all about matchups...unfortunately for JV, true centers are a rare breed.
                That only proves item 3. Items 1, 2 and 4 are hogwash. So back them up or take the time to learn how to round to the nearest ten, either way a good use of your time.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

While the other points are easier to ignore; this one I have to respond to.

By what metric is 26 around 20? Do you round to the nearest 20? Genuinely asking.
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

You gotta keep DD for now. I'm telling you guys, Ujiri can get a large return on him down the road via a trade. Forget what happens in the next year, they'll be no further ahead by letting him walk and trying to replace him. However by keeping him and working the trade market they can propel forward.

I get that a lot of people are frustrated with DD but respectfully what you think doesn't matter. What does matter is how the league thinks of him. Three years down the road they're a better team by keeping him and then dealing him rather than letting him walk and replacing him with role players. This team has too much depth, it needs more concentration of talent. Letting DD walk doesn't help the team long term, it just opens things up for another player to absorb the distaste of this team falling short of fan expectations.

Comment

To answer the question though, if I were Ujiri I would re-sign DeMar and then gauge what is possible. The only thing I'm locked into for sure is bringing back DeMar because he has the most value and I have far more control of that situation than anything else.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        20 minutes? Where's that number from?
                        You can find it somewhere on 6GOD's blog.

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        If I were Masai I would call Colangelo and say "I want to give you Ross back, you picked him and he was your safe pick, so now I want to make a trade for an unsafe player like Embiid's corpse, its a win -win situation!"
                        I wonder if Embiid would actually be attainable. I prefer the idea of Embiid to Noel, if we are trying to fleece the 76ers.

Comment

6 minute difference is an entire half of a quarter. In nba game time that's a ton of difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            You gotta keep DD for now. I'm telling you guys, Ujiri can get a large return on him down the road via a trade. Forget what happens in the next year, they'll be no further ahead by letting him walk and trying to replace him. However by keeping him and working the trade market they can propel forward.

I get that a lot of people are frustrated with DD but respectfully what you think doesn't matter. What does matter is how the league thinks of him. Three years down the road they're a better team by keeping him and then dealing him rather than letting him walk and replacing him with role players. This team has too much depth, it needs more concentration of talent. Letting DD walk doesn't help the team long term, it just open things up for another player to absorb the distaste of this team falling short of fan expectations.
                            I Agree with Apollo here,
                            and being new to this you might think my word is worthless,
                            but i think it is Better to Keep DD here for at least one more season,
                            this year run was new experience for him we need to see if he learned what needs to be done in Playoffs,
                            And if he is not Playoff Player then try to go for some one "Bigger" next year, like KD for example. (long shoot)
                            we also need better power forward for next year,
                            so JJ, Paterson, Ross, Bebe, would be on the trading block, but only if some one better can be brought in.
                            JV and Bis not that old, they need to add new tricks, JV is ready to Start trying for 3' for example...
                            Bis too needs to add tricks to his bag, I'm sure he will ...

Comment

Although I like JV, unfortunately in today's game...you can't build around a center. Especially a center that's not really even that dominate. 2 things I can guarantee; 1) he will never avg a double double and 2) he will never avg 20+ points per game.

Like I said, I like JV...but he can't be the best player on your team if you want a championship.
                              He just averaged a double double in the playoffs while playing 26mpg. What are you talking about?
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Although I like JV, unfortunately in today's game...you can't build around a center. Especially a center that's not really even that dominate. 2 things I can guarantee; 1) he will never avg a double double and 2) he will never avg 20+ points per game.
                                jv will average a double double this year for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X