Da Finals - Who Ya Got ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da Finals - Who Ya Got ?

So here we go... the culmination of the season.
    The media's choice is without doubt the Golden State Warriors.
    Standing in the way of their coronation stands one Lebron James.

I am taking Lebron. To quote the great Elwood Blues.."he is on a mission from god."

Curry is a great offensive player. Maybe the best shooter the league has ever seen but my dough is going on a 6 foot 8 inch 265 pound behemoth who is rested and ready to go. GSW can try throwing raw meat and hockey sticks at him but he isn't derivating an inch. Lebrons in 6.

Of course all rebutals and prognostications welcome
    Golden State Warriors
    80.56%
    The Lebrons
    19.44%
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

I've got Warriors in 7, and that's only because I'm expecting Dray to miss a game at some point. Cavs are going to try to get him to take a tech.

Cavs just won't be able to stop Golden State. They're going to put Kyrie/Love in PnRs non-stop, and Love is going to give up a lot of great shots to Curry.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Heart says/wants Cleveland.

Brain says Warriors in 5 barring a suspension like Barolt just alluded to.

What would be interesting though is if the Cavs can win game 1 AND get Draymond to take a tech and miss game 2.

Comment

On mobile and cant vote but I got GS. Cavs lose because they try and out small ball the small ball team

Comment

GSW in 5. And I make it a rule to avoid picking against LBJ in general. But I don't think the Cavs can hide Love/Kyrie against these Warriors.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            GSW in 5. And I make it a rule to avoid picking against LBJ in general. But I don't think the Cavs can hide Love/Kyrie against these Warriors.
            Yeah this is basically exactly how I feel. Kyrie and Love are gonna get toasted defensively.

Like they could barely guard DeRozan and Lowry... Klay and Steph? Lol

Comment

GSW because a championship after a 73 win season will let this team make a GOAT argument.

Another finals loss for Lebron will have the opposite effect for him. Nobody else has ever been so able to get his teams to the finals with such relative ease yet ended up with so few rings out of so many opportunities.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Anyone think Lebron leaving if they lose in the finals this year?

I think if they lose in 4 or 5, hes leaving for sure or one of the big 3 are gone

Comment

i just do not see a single chance that cleveland can deal with them defensively. Like, i actually think Irving/Love are going to end up benched by the 4th quarter in these games.

Comment

gotta go warriors. too much fire power from everywhere.

Comment

Simplicity wrote: View Post

I think if they lose in 4 or 5, hes leaving for sure or one of the big 3 are gone
                      i could see love being traded out. you could get his production for a lot less and grab some depth. i don't think lebron will leave without winning. it would be such a horrible character move.

Comment

If the Cavs lose, it seems likely that Love will be the first one booted out the door by GM Lebron, even though he cost them Wiggins. I could see a Love for Ibaka swap, possibly. And they coughed up more 1st rounders to the Nuggets for Mosgov, who doesn't even play now. They overpaid Tristan Thompson, so that Lebron's agency could pocket some extra cash, and TT was badly outplayed by Biz. And it's almost certain he had a hand in getting Blatt fired.

So if Lebron loses, he's got nobody to blame for the team around him, but himself.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                          If the Cavs lose, it seems likely that Love will be the first one booted out the door by GM Lebron, even though he cost them Wiggins. I could see a Love for Ibaka swap, possibly. And they coughed up more 1st rounders to the Nuggets for Mosgov, who doesn't even play now. They overpaid Tristan Thompson, so that Lebron's agency could pocket some extra cash, and TT was badly outplayed by Biz. And it's almost certain he had a hand in getting Blatt fired.

So if Lebron loses, he's got nobody to blame for the team around him, but himself.
                          Thats how I feel as well. I dont think the Ibaka swap would happen because its already tough for them to play 4v5 on offense with TT being a liability. Maybe a Blake Griffin trade?

50/50 says lebron leaves to get his rings and live up to his legacy even if it costs him his character. Without those rings, he'd never be able to say he was as good or better than MJ

Comment

Thats how I feel as well. I dont think the Ibaka swap would happen because its already tough for them to play 4v5 on offense with TT being a liability. Maybe a Blake Griffin trade?

50/50 says lebron leaves to get his rings and live up to his legacy even if it costs him his character. Without those rings, he'd never be able to say he was as good or better than MJ
                            I dont think so. If he leaves not once but twice to go to super teams? Legacy permanently fucked.

Don't count cleveland out this year.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

.. definitely not a clipboard ha.

Comment

Working...
                              X