Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted wrote: View Post
    Welp.. even if he can't play with JV, having at least 1 low-post presence on the floor for 48 minutes can't be a bad thing.
    That's my view. I'm coming around. And I trust Masai. We have the 5 locked down. And If history is any gauge, JV is unlikely to play 82 games. I hope with the money saved on Biz we can afford to substantially upgrade the 4.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      That's what the analysis say.
      The same analysts who said the Wiggins draft was going to be one for the ages.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        By the way, the 18m for Bismack and 25m for DeMar WAS a hometown discount.

If there's no discount, it's more like 29m for DeMar and 20-22m for Bismack.
        Why would Biyombo get 22 million? Because of a few decent playoff games? dude is a really good role player. Thats it. 15 is being very, very nice to BB, period. He has limited offensive game, and can't hit a ft.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Not really. Everyone was saying this year was a weak draft.
          Not really. From my understanding the general feeling was weak lottery after the top 2, but very deep due to the amount of international talent.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Why would Biyombo get 22 million? Because of a few decent playoff games? dude is a really good role player. Thats it. 15 is being very, very nice to BB, period. He has limited offensive game, and can't hit a ft.
            I'm not saying he should get 20-22m, I'm just saying he might. This summer is going to get ridiculous.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• true

Comment

• I'm not sure why people were worried about Poeltl's lack of jumpers in Utah to play PF.

If this guy is playing at the 4, his only job on offence is to set screens and grab offensive boards. We aren't suddenly becoming a big man offence with a rookie.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  I'm not sure why people were worried about Poeltl's lack of jumpers in Utah to play PF.

If this guy is playing at the 4, his only job on offence is to set screens and grab offensive boards. We aren't suddenly becoming a big man offence with a rookie.
                  Well on this team the PF needs to be able to have some range, since JV and DD are non threats from 3.
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                    Well on this team the PF needs to be able to have some range, since JV and DD are non threats from 3.
                    Are they gonna pass him the ball? They barely pass to JV.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

They'll pass to him when there double teamed. If not well continue to see the horrendous shot selection from some of our players.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

He needs to be able to shoot so he can earn some respect from the D and help the spacing a little.

Comment

I'm not sure why people were worried about Poeltl's lack of jumpers in Utah to play PF.

A lot of sets are designed to spread the floor to create driving lanes for Lowry and DD out of the PnR, so you see Scola and Carroll in the corners and then JV as the roll man. So you need a serviceable distance shooter at PF or C, who the opposition at least perceives as a threat, or else they'll just pack the paint. That was Scola's role, as well as being the bailout man on failed drives to reset the possession.

Comment

• Not sure if Casey would trust Poeltl enough to start him off the bat. Maybe with 30 games left in the season or with an injury to an important player (like 2Pat) we could see him sliding in. But I suspect he's gonna be a backup 5 on this roster next year and will be battling Bebe for minutes.

Comment

• Not saying bebe is ready at all but two things that he does well to give a different look than jv or (please god) MIGHT allow him to play a LITTLE beside jv is that he's a good weak side rim protector and an excellent passer out of the high post. The latter could help diversify the offence. Now that casey has a new contract hopefully he is willing to experiment more and give guys rest.

Comment

• He looks pretty great against Lithuania here. Damn he moves well. Looks comfortable operating/guarding on the perimeter. Looks like he knows what he's doing.

This guy and Jonas are going to be an absolute beastman combo in a couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                                X