Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I think once DeMar and Kyle see the pressure that JV can take off them, everyone will buy in
    But will they buy in enough to also give those touches to the rookie from Utah? Otherwise your theory of consistent low post scoring doesn't really work.

Sometimes it really seems that Masai's values are much more different than what we see reflected on the court.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Well, there's this. "Poeltl won the NCAA’s Kareem Abdul Jabaar Award, which goes to the best centre in college basketball, as well as the Pete Newell Award as the top big man. He was a 2nd-team All-American, PAC-12 Player of the Year, and a semi-finalist for the Naismith trophy awarded to the NCAA’s top player."

And him knocking down threes at his Raptors draft workout:

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Masai's comments were about a player not being able to contribute for a while; Poeltl doesn't seem like that guy. He's low risk because he can contribute more immediately.
        You're attempts to figure out Masai are where you fail. Guy is hotter than fish grease. He made this pick exactly because we thought he wouldn't. I am 100% positive he will fuck my wife. Are you guys?

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          You're attempts to figure out Masai are where you fail. Guy is hotter than fish grease. He made this pick exactly because we thought he wouldn't. I am 100% positive he will fuck my wife. Are you guys?
          Oh he is totally banging your wife but that's beside the point.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Oh he is totally banging your wife but that's beside the point.
            Snap. Thought I had you guys in a logic trap.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I may have missed this being posted, but here's an interesting video that claims Poeltl is actually a PF (and goes a little overboard saying he's a better PF prospect than Simmons). Worth a watch IMO.

twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                I may have missed this being posted, but here's an interesting video that claims Poeltl is actually a PF (and goes a little overboard saying he's a better PF prospect than Simmons). Worth a watch IMO.

He looks really, really mobile here, and pretty solid handling the ball.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

I may have missed this being posted, but here's an interesting video that claims Poeltl is actually a PF (and goes a little overboard saying he's a better PF prospect than Simmons). Worth a watch IMO.

Oh god, that video needs subtitles cause that guy is so monotone he might as well be describing paint dry.

Comment

Great find. I really like his footwork and positioning in the clips I have seen. And he does show a little bit of his outside shot. The video makes a reasonable case for Poeltl being able to improve his outside shooting, compared to Simmons. As was mentioned, coming from a family with an NBA player for a father, Simmons has been playing basketball since he was seven and still doesn't have a great shot. Poeltl came late to the game apparently, and actually has a nice stroke. And he has good hands. Much more comfortable putting the ball on the floor than Bismack and averaged 12 rebounds a game per 36 minutes. His free throw % doubled in his last two years which suggests that his FT shooting may continue to improve; and it is already better than Simmons.

Is he a better Power Forward than Simmons? Who knows, but he is definetly an NBA player.

Comment

Oh god, that video needs subtitles cause that guy is so monotone he might as well be describing paint dry.
                      still like him more than stephen a smith

Comment

• Is Poeltl the very first Austrian to ever make it to the NBA?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Poeltl is a 4/5 he can play both positions. That's why I never got all the hate he got on here. He was always the BPA at 9. I think he can be a poor man's Pau Gasol. If you liked Sabonis you should love Poeltl.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            still like him more than stephen a smith
                            Well yes but that's not much of an accomplishment.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Is Poeltl the very first Austrian to ever make it to the NBA?
                              He's the first to be drafted.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Am I the only one who's really liking the pick?

Comment

Working...
                                X