Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    i like how the usual suspects are already envisioning how drafting a totally unproven rookie means we should clearly trade JV (who is on a bargain contract for 3 more years and is 24 years old) for a 30 year old on a 1 year contract.
    Because those same usual suspects would trade Jv for a bag of candy if they were the GM
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
      Anonymous Scout:

Jakob Poeltl, 7'1" sophomore center, Utah: "Classic low block center. The league has gone away form that, which is to his advantage. How athletic is he in a quick-twitch league? He's going to be really good. The improvements he made in rebounding and free throw shooting were impressive. He's just scratching the surface. If you watch him guard pick and roll, he can switch against guards. He's grown on me. People always forget you have to wait on bigs. I'm a little more high on him than most people. He doesn't shy away from contact and he runs the floor very well."
      Can you share where you got that from (publication link) ?

Comment

• I'm still not pumped about the pick, but I can at least see how it could work. JV has said he's going to work on his range. There's nothing to say that if you played him and Poeltl together, they don't cross match on offence/defence. Poeltl guards the 4, JV guards the 5. But then either can operate low or high, and hopefully get some good passes going between them.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Because those same usual suspects would trade Jv for a bag of candy if they were the GM
          Was it a month ago that people were raving about how JV would be an unstoppableforce with his step back shots and his three point range, to go along with being one of the best rebounders?

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
            Was it a month ago that people were raving about how JV would be an unstoppableforce with his step back shots and his three point range, to go along with being one of the best rebounders?
            Must be the same people who thought 10 years ago " damn Bargnani can hit the 3, now he just needs to develop his post moves and our twin towers with Bosh will be unstoppable"

History repeating itself.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
              Can you share where you got that from (publication link) ?
              http://www.campusrush.com/2016-nba-d...872857167.html

Comment

• I REALLY like Poeltl.

Him and JV will never get out rebounded. Our interior defense will be like a brick wall. Whenever we are facing a stretch four, we just have one of them anchor the D by themselves. If one gets into foul trouble, the other is there to anchor the D. Poeltl can be a good FT shooter, he has great hands on the PnR so he isn't Biyombo-type limited. Our system made Biyombo look so good. Poeltl is 7'1'' and Biyombo is 6'9''. Poeltl has foot speed, agility and remarkable balance for his height.

Dwayne Casey is known for his defensive systems. His defensive systems HINGE on the centre position. Think Tyson Chandler when the he won it with the Mavs. His system will be perfect for Poeltl.

Offensively, highly efficient big men that can hit FTs, can rebound and have good hands + can kick out is the priority for our guard heavy offense which promises many rebounding opportunities.

Biyombo was great for his rebounding and help defense. BUT he is limited in that he doesn't hit FTs so well, he does not have good hands and there is not one play I think where he assisted on a kick out.

I believe that Poeltl will shine with the Raptors and Dwayne Casey.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  If ATL offered Milsap and future 1st for JV and 2pat I think I do it. I think that would clear up some more money to bring back Biz. Let Poeltl contribute and develop as the first big off the bench. Being able to play with either Biz or Milsap.
                  You save no money doing that, and Bismack is still out of our price range.

Now you're starting an unproven rookie who has the pressure on him to get the team back to the ECF, because that's the fan expectation.

You want to turn a lottery pick near sure thing into a flop? That's how you turn Poeltl into a flop.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    You save no money doing that, and Bismack is still out of our price range.

Now you're starting an unproven rookie who has the pressure on him to get the team back to the ECF, because that's the fan expectation.

You want to turn a lottery pick near sure thing into a flop? That's how you turn Poeltl into a flop.
                    Still have Ross to clear cap space.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Still have Ross to clear cap space.
                      So you're turning JV, Patrick Patterson and Terrence Ross into Bismack Biyombo and a 1-year rental of a 30-year old Paul Millsap?

No thanks.

Comment

So you're turning JV, Patrick Patterson and Terrence Ross into Bismack Biyombo and a 1-year rental of a 30-year old Paul Millsap?

No thanks.
                        Don't forget the 2017 first rounder(deepest draft in a while) and I'm pretty confident with Masai being able to retain Milsap especially if make to the ECF.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

No thanks.
                          yeah before I even sniff that deal Millsap would need to extend his current deal...and even then I still don't like it
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Don't forget the 2017 first rounder(deepest draft in a while) and I'm pretty confident with Masai being able to retain Milsap especially if make to the ECF.
                            So in a year's time you want to be paying DeMar 25+m, Bismack ~18m, 31yr old Millsap 25+m, 31yr old Lowry 25+m...

And you think that's the path to sustained success?

Comment

• I think we need to go against the grain. Having a dominant low post centre allows us to force teams out of their comfort zone
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Realistically, I think JV+Poeltl+Patterson+Siakam is a great plan. Young guys to build around for years, especially if Poeltl can play the 4.

I see no reason to make any changes at the 4 or 5, especially to get an older guy.

Don't get older unless it makes us better than the Cavs.

Comment

Working...
                                X