No announcement yet.

Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My biggest worry with him is defense. Everywhere keeps saying he plays good pick and roll defense and moves his feet well so that's good. I just feel like losing Biz (which is looking more likely) is really going to hurt our defense. Relying on a rookie to kind of help fill that void is going to be tough. If we don't find a good rim protector when Biz leaves we are going to drop defensively because our guards get beat constantly. And our improvement defensively is why we even made it to the Eastern Conference Finals. I do not feel comfortable with a rookie as our main backup. We need to make more moves.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I really hope that shot of his exists
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• So Poeltl will become a low usage efficient shot guy with more focus on becoming an anchor on the rim with JV.

If he's actually fast and pans out to be similar to Pau Gasol, i think we may have one of the best front courts in the east.

How else do you think masai or casey plan to utilize him?

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          They'll pass to him when there double teamed. If not well continue to see the horrendous shot selection from some of our players.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
          tDotted wrote: View Post
          He needs to be able to shoot so he can earn some respect from the D and help the spacing a little.
          golden wrote: View Post
          A lot of sets are designed to spread the floor to create driving lanes for Lowry and DD out of the PnR, so you see Scola and Carroll in the corners and then JV as the roll man. So you need a serviceable distance shooter at PF or C, who the opposition at least perceives as a threat, or else they'll just pack the paint. That was Scola's role, as well as being the bailout man on failed drives to reset the possession.
          Clearly my joking about the lack of ball movement and use of bigs in our offence was too subtle.

Allow me to be more obvious
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Clearly my joking about the lack of ball movement and use of bigs in our offence was too subtle.

Allow me to be more obvious

"bre"

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              My biggest worry with him is defense. Everywhere keeps saying he plays good pick and roll defense and moves his feet well so that's good. I just feel like losing Biz (which is looking more likely) is really going to hurt our defense. Relying on a rookie to kind of help fill that void is going to be tough. If we don't find a good rim protector when Biz leaves we are going to drop defensively because our guards get beat constantly. And our improvement defensively is why we even made it to the Eastern Conference Finals. I do not feel comfortable with a rookie as our main backup. We need to make more moves.
              Thing is none of the games really matter until round 1 of the playoffs. I want us to try things and work out the kinks during the season. An example of trying things during the regular season would be a determination to further involve JV in the offense, regardless of any growing pains experienced in games that are not pivotal.

Comment

• Poetl can't be worse, than bargs, right? I have no problem with drafting him.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                  Thing is none of the games really matter until round 1 of the playoffs. I want us to try things and work out the kinks during the season. An example of trying things during the regular season would be a determination to further involve JV in the offense, regardless of any growing pains experienced in games that are not pivotal.
                  Yeah to me the keys to the regular season are to keep the starters rested for long playoff series, and integrating bigs into the offense more. Should still be a 50+ win team barring injuries, but makes Raps more diverse offensively for playoffs.

Comment

• Went back and listened to Delon Wright's conference call after the draft and he clearly said, when asked if Poeltl can contribute as a rookie " I don't know who might be in front of him on the roster but if he gets a chance to play, he can contribute right away."

Now, Delon isn't a scout or a GM or a coach. He's just an NBA player who has spent time on the floor against seasoned NBA vets. And he played with Poeltl in Poeltl's freshman year. But I think that gives him some credibility. If he says Yakob can contribute right away, I don't know if any of us knows better than Delon.

Comment

• That game vs. LTH had him not only shooting from the perimeter (not that he was exactly jacking up shots) but driving it. He got called on a travel on one, but it wasn't particularly eggregious and he got to the rim with one dribble.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        "bre"
                        When memes turn on their owners.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Went back and listened to Delon Wright's conference call after the draft and he clearly said, when asked if Poeltl can contribute as a rookie " I don't know who might be in front of him on the roster but if he gets a chance to play, he can contribute right away."

Now, Delon isn't a scout or a GM or a coach. He's just an NBA player who has spent time on the floor against seasoned NBA vets. And he played with Poeltl in Poeltl's freshman year. But I think that gives him some credibility. If he says Yakob can contribute right away, I don't know if any of us knows better than Delon.
                          I should hope he's ready to play. That was part of the sell.

Comment

• A couple days after the fact and it just hits me...

Masai really truly gives no fucks.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Went back and listened to Delon Wright's conference call after the draft and he clearly said, when asked if Poeltl can contribute as a rookie " I don't know who might be in front of him on the roster but if he gets a chance to play, he can contribute right away."

And I understand there was great improvement in his soph year (after DW left). That said it would be difficult to say "he could not" for obvious reasons.

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                                A couple days after the fact and it just hits me...

Masai really truly gives no fucks.
                                None what so ever.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X