Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I see people are coming around to JP that's good. The kid is really talented.
    I don't think the question was if he was talented, it was 1) is anyone else better and 2) how does he fit on the Raptors?

The first point is subjective, and I guess we have Masai's answer. To me, the fit is more tricky, because JV is a cornerstone for the foreseeable future to me. Taking a career backup center with the 9th overall pick is underwhelming to say the least. There is talk of him playing the 4, but I don't buy that yet. I like his offensive skill set, but defensively he doesn't have elite tools that make you think he can be a defensive anchor for a great defense. In fairness,, it doesn't appear that there were many better picks that we really missed on. But at the same time, there were so many good bigs available late in the draft, aside from even the guys that fell.

Comment

• What a crazy day.

Crazy draft and now UK leaving EU. Crazy crazy day.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• does we the north now employ the white walkers?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          does we the north now employ the white walkers?
          Well the white walkers do live in the north.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            Okay guys.

I'm calling him CAKE cuz his last name is Portal.
            Cake? Good size, looks good but soft as hell.

Comment

• Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
              toronto is now the 1990s remix team

bringing back the Twin Towers (Duncan and Robinson )
              Casey's wet dream. Although drafting Sabonis and Gary Payton would have made a stronger case for 90s remix. Hopefully they rock the purple unis more
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• yet another shitty "let's be edgy" article from bill simmons' shitty new website.

the glory days of grantland are long gone.

What exactly is the criticism here? That we took the arguably best player available instead of gambling, and that's somehow automatically terrible?

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                  I dont wanna freak out...... but what am I missing here. what does he do that we actually need...? rim protection? range?
                  BPA. Need was secondary in my opinion and they took the guy top on their list.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    yet another shitty "let's be edgy" article from bill simmons' shitty new website.

the glory days of grantland are long gone.

What exactly is the criticism here? That we took the arguably best player available instead of gambling, and that's somehow automatically terrible?
                    it is a legitimate argument. i disagree with it. we are flush with high risk/reward prospects and you can't develop all of them at once. i think that he must really hate how orlando did yesterday. i also think that poeltl is a better trade chip than skal would have been.

poeltl had a good season and it is passe to say that his game is dead. the warriors arguably lost their series when bogut went down. the game of basketball is always going to have a place for giants.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      BPA. Need was secondary in my opinion and they took the guy top on their list.
                      also as we hammered out for several pages the consensus bpa.

Comment

• In ESPN's draft analytics prior to the draft Poeltl scored third overall in the whole class for total score.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...2016-nba-draft

That doesn't guarantee anything but it's evidence for the "good" pile. Honestly I'd rather have the dull pick who succeeds than the sexy pick that fails and that may be a reality of this draft shortly after the Raptors.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          In ESPN's draft analytics prior to the draft Poeltl scored third overall in the whole class for total score.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16...2016-nba-draft

That doesn't guarantee anything but it's evidence for the "good" pile. Honestly I'd rather have the dull pick who succeeds than the sexy pick that fails and that may be a reality of this draft shortly after the Raptors.
                          agreed. and winning is never dull.

I was more a fan of Sabonis than Pöltl but I don't really watch non-NBA ball that much, so my opinion wasn't based on a lot.

I'm fine with the pick if he's the guy Masai thinks is the best bet.

Comment

• Massi tried to trade this pick like crazy so I dont know if Masai even values this in short or long term
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Another thing is that last season without a guy who could slide in for JV when hurt or resting and deliver an above average impact, the Raptors never would have won 56 games or made it to game six of the ECF. Biz is gonna get paid, he's too rich for the team now and so if anything this might serve as a short term lateral move with long term gains. They now have a little more flexibility for FA.

Comment

• I'm doing my usual thing of being annoyed at the pick, and then coming around.

I think he is someone that would allow your bench to play a similar style to the starters...so that we always have a deep post scoring threat to keep defenses honest. I also think he could play the 4 depending on the matchup
                                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X