• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I think Pau Gasol being the ceiling...you could do a LOT worse at 9
    haha ya 1st ballot HOF is a good start.

Comment

• Another interesting couple of tidbits:

Fact: Delon Wright was a member of Utah's starting lineup. Played many minutes with Poeltl.
      Rumor: Raptors shopped Cojo leading up to the draft.

Comment

• Hell on this team as long as he becomes a dominant two way perennial all star, dpoy candidate, I think I will be okay
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
          I do like Poeltl, I just think Sabonis will have the better career, is a more natural PF, especially beside his pal JV, and would make a bigger impact out of the gate.

But happy with JP! Solid pick. Given that Brice was not there at, happy with Pascal at 27 too, though surprised.

Huston getting GPII as an undrafted free agent, tho. Damn.
          I disagree, I think Poeltl can make just as much of an impact if not more than Sabonis. Both wont get that many touches on there team. They will be needed to make an impact on D. Poeltl is the better defender between the two.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Poeltl is not a career back up. Guy is NBA ready and is only 20 years old. He can still get a lot better.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Another interesting couple of tidbits:

Fact: Delon Wright was a member of Utah's starting lineup. Played many minutes with Poeltl.

I've been thinking about this as well. I do kinda think this signals that Masai sees Delon as a significant part of the team's future.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Really don't think Wright was the reason for drafting him. He was just the best player available and fit a need.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                  More athletic Pat Beverely.
                  Which is exactly who has to beat for the starting job!

First undrafted rookie of the year, coming up. Check his ws/40.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    I disagree, I think Poeltl can make just as much of an impact if not more than Sabonis. Both wont get that many touches on there team. They will be needed to make an impact on D. Poeltl is the better defender between the two.
                    Time will tell. In any case, I like the pick.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Really don't think Wright was the reason for drafting him. He was just the best player available and fit a need.
                      Might not strictly be the reason but all things being equal they may have asked Wright questions about him
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Do you have a source on cojo being shopped ?
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          Apollo wrote: View Post

I've been thinking about this as well. I do kinda think this signals that Masai sees Delon as a significant part of the team's future.
                          Delon Wright is a baller. He's got the stuff and he's really long. If you put him in this draft at his age last year he might go around 10th, +/- 1 or 2.

Cojo has a lot of subjective value because he's likable, he's a pretty good player, he's Canadian and this is Canada's only NBA basketball team. Objectively though his value looks different. He's not untouchable. It is possible he gets moved to clear the logjam at PG. I'd imagine the Ujiri wasn't sure he's land Cojo when he drafted Wright and he didn't suspect Wright would come on as fast as he has. Now he'd a in a great place because Cujo could help bring in a really good PF and the Raptors will still have a really good second PG.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            so what do we do with him then

1st quarter 6 minutes at PF. 6 at C

3rd quarter 6 minutes at PF 6 at C

and let him develop gives 2pat 36 minutes at PF and JV 36 at C

allow him to run longer on blowouts and upsets

I mean ultimately I don't think the d-league will do much for him. He will destroy there.
                            36 is way too much for PP and JV. PP should be around 28, JV around 32. That makes 60 of 96 front court minutes. Throw in 8 a game with Carroll at the 4 in those awesome lineups to close each half, down to 28 MPG to find at C and PF. Say, 10 MPG from BeBe at C, 6 from Poeltl at C and 12 from Poeltl at PF. Start JV and PP together, and stagger their minutes (so you don't have BeBe out there with Poeltl). That means:

10 MPG of PP and BeBe
                            12 MPG of JV and JP
                            6 MPG of JP and PP
                            12 MPG of JV and PP
                            8 MPG of JV and Carroll

If one of Poeltl/BeBe wins the minutes battle at backup C (ideally Poeltl does), then it simplifies to 32 MPG for JV, 28 for PP, 8 for Carroll at PF and 28 MPG for Poeltl. That's a lot of minutes but his conditioning seems good. And:

12 MPG of JV and JP
                            16 MPG of JP and PP
                            12 MPG of JV and PP
                            8 MPG of JV and Carroll
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                              Do you have a source on cojo being shopped ?
                              No but somewhere in that draft thread or offseason thread someone posted a rumor that Ujiri was talking a trade involving Cojo. You can go look for that if you like.

Comment

• Dudes....I love this pick just for the pun implications.

His name has so much poeltential.

Dont be poelplexed by this pick. He was a poelific scorer in college and he's going to be a poelrennial all-star.

Comment

Working...
                                X