Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    I said it before and i'm going to say it again. JV is an ENERGY BIG. I know people will keep bringing up his games vs the Heat and the Pacers in the playoffs blah blah blah. But if you actually paid attention to the game and not his boxscore. JV got most MOST of his points because of hard work, you know energy plays. Offensive rebs, put backs, dunks....

JV is NOT a guy that you can give the ball to in the post and score. His post up game needs A LOT of work. A LOT. He's not Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Problem is, a lot of people here thinks he is.
    Except y know. .he is. I could just tell you I've watched pretty much every nba game he's ever played, or I could have the analytics stat gurus come in and run a train on you
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I said it before and i'm going to say it again. JV is an ENERGY BIG. I know people will keep bringing up his games vs the Heat and the Pacers in the playoffs blah blah blah. But if you actually paid attention to the game and not his boxscore. JV got most MOST of his points because of hard work, you know energy plays. Offensive rebs, put backs, dunks....

JV is NOT a guy that you can give the ball to in the post and score. His post up game needs A LOT of work. A LOT. He's not Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Problem is, a lot of people here thinks he is.
      I mean, ok. If top 20 PER, top 30 WS/48, top 20 TS% aren't good enough, that's fine.

Remind me how you justify your support of DeMar's max again?
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Reading through this thread, I'm really enjoying the fact that we have such a wide range of opinions.

Not TRex's opinion on JV, that's nonsense. I'm talking about the huge variety of ways people are arguing against and mocking that nonsense. We've got reasoned arguments, accusations of trolling, sarcastic agreements, and plain faced mockery. Great job everyone, we ran the gauntlet on this one.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          I mean, ok. If top 20 PER, top 30 WS/48, top 20 TS% aren't good enough, that's fine.

Remind me how you justify your support of DeMar's max again?
          T Rex loves the game of demar kobe and Kyrie. Loves. And that's fine, but we won't convince him our gangly white euro is more effective than a guy who played for team usa
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Steve Smith doesn't watch the Raptors whatsoever. When he said that I just laughed.
            He actually was the play by play guy for alot of the raptors playoff run
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              He actually was the play by play guy for alot of the raptors playoff run
              So then how can he make such an incorrect statement?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
              Last edited by MACK11; Tue Jun 28, 2016, 07:00 PM.
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                You might be looking at the incorrect reach numbers for JP FYI. He's at 9'3.5" which is noice. Agree about the strength.
                Yeah I know he has a big standing reach, but his wingspan is still like 3-4 inches less than JVs.

Edit: Although the accuracy of JV's measurements is a bit unclear, not really a certainty.
                Last edited by DogeLover1234; Tue Jun 28, 2016, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  So then how he make such an incorrect statement?

Why is it incorrect? Thats just his opinion off the eye test. Im not ready to say that Yak is a better post scorer than JV but, he does currently have more of a post repetoire. I do believe he is a head of JV at the same age though. Which bold well for the Raptors.
                  Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Jun 28, 2016, 07:09 PM.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Has anyone bothered to actually check JV's post up stats?
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Reading through this thread, I'm really enjoying the fact that we have such a wide range of opinions.

Not TRex's opinion on JV, that's nonsense. I'm talking about the huge variety of ways people are arguing against and mocking that nonsense. We've got reasoned arguments, accusations of trolling, sarcastic agreements, and plain faced mockery. Great job everyone, we ran the gauntlet on this one.
                      You're like the biggest JV fanboy here(that's saying something) so i'm not surprised.

People here will see want they want to see and that's fine. But i'm just going to tell it like it is whether you like it or not. JV is not a great post up player. At this point in his career he's just an energy big. Problem is people here wants him to be a lot more than that. Dude needs a lot of work in his game.

Barolt - I never said he's a max guy. So I don't know where that comment came from Btw, weren't you the same guy that said you'd only trade JV for LeBron, Curry, Westbrook, Durant and Leonard? that tells it all.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                        Yeah I know he has a big standing reach, but his wingspan is still like 3-4 inches less than JVs.

Edit: Although the accuracy of JV's measurements is a bit unclear, not really a certainty.
                        JV 7-4 wingspan
                        JP 7-3 wingspan
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Why is it incorrect? Thats just his opinion off the eye test. Im not ready to say that Yak is a better post scorer than JV but, he does currently have more of a post repetoire. I do believe he is a head of JV at the same age. Which bold well for the Raptors.
                          Steve Smith said you can't throw the ball into the post for JV because he can't get you a bucket. That statement is false, and there's years of data to support that.

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

You're like the biggest JV fanboy here(that's saying something) so i'm not surprised.

People here will see want they want to see and that's fine. But i'm just going to tell it like it is whether you like it or not. JV is not a great post up player. At this point in his career he's just an energy big. Problem is people here wants him to be a lot more than that. Dude needs a lot of work in his game.

Barolt - I never said he's a max guy. So I don't know where that comment came from Btw, weren't you the same guy that said you'd only trade JV for LeBron, Curry, Westbrook, Durant and Leonard? that tells it all.
                            Nah, I never gave a list of guys I'd trade JV for. But it's a pretty small list.

His game is very, very good. 3rd in the NBA when receiving a pass in the post. 2nd in the NBA when receiving a pass in the paint. 90th percentile as the roll man in the PnR. Very good jump shooter, 40+% at 16-23ft. Elite rebounding.

He had the best single season WS/48 in Raptors franchise history this past season. He had the 5th best PER in the playoffs, leaguewide.

JV is an excellent player.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              T Rex loves the game of demar kobe and Kyrie. Loves. And that's fine, but we won't convince him our gangly white euro is more effective than a guy who played for team usa
                              Still thinks Lowry is better than Irving?

Btw, yes, i'm a big Kobe Bryant fan. Kyrie? not so much. I just think he's a better player than Lowry. Not sure how that made me a Kyrie Irving fan but whatever.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Does telling it like it is really mean anything when what is said has already been debunked.

It's like me proclaiming: "The sky is green! Whether you like it or you don't, I'm telling it like it is!"

Comment

Working...
                                X