Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Stop making things up.
    Facts only. I tell it how it is. You don't wanna see it. Do you.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Stop making things up.
      There are literally direct quotes from the training staff like 3 posts before yours.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
        This year, the weight was down, speed up and there didn't appear to be any significant drop off in strength.
        He didn't really drop the 12-15 lbs until he was out with injury. Again, reports said it was willful shift in diet - finally starting to eat like a pro basically.

I used to argue that what we were seeing was natural playing weight, but I was wrong - wasn't taking diet fully into account.

Just goes to show what too much sugar (+ fat) can do, even to high-caliber athletes.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          There are literally direct quotes from the training staff like 3 posts before yours.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
          He should have kept his required sig: "I'm wrong about everything." It would make discussion much clearer.

Comment

I said it before and i'm going to say it again. JV is an ENERGY BIG. I know people will keep bringing up his games vs the Heat and the Pacers in the playoffs blah blah blah. But if you actually paid attention to the game and not his boxscore. JV got most MOST of his points because of hard work, you know energy plays. Offensive rebs, put backs, dunks....

JV is NOT a guy that you can give the ball to in the post and score. His post up game needs A LOT of work. A LOT. He's not Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Problem is, a lot of people here thinks he is.
            I did actually watch the games. I also watched a lot of regular season games. JV might get a lot of his points on put back but a big reason for that is That he is not passed to. Casey hasn't involved him enough in the offense. Lowry and Demar like to pass to each other. Demar is not a good post passer. When JV actually does get passed the ball I think you will find his FG% is very good. But there is a different set of rules for JV. Demar can shoot all day and shoot a terrible percentage but he'll empty his clip. JV could hit 2 in a row, miss one and not see the ball again. Or see a shitty pass in to him get knocked away or turned over and not see the ball again.

JV is a beast. And he has a very good post game when he actually gets to demonstrate one. That you don't think he does says a lot more about your understanding of the game than it does about JV's post game.

Comment

• 1. The Raptor organization wanted JV to master verticality like Hibbert, not bulk up like Hibbert.

2. Casey was part of the decision, but it wasn't like he decided on his own to tell JV to bulk up.

3. And as Puffer pointed out, JV didn't really eat as well as he should have. - he changed his diet this past offseason to eat better and then while he was injured this year finally gave up sugary treats.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                1. The Raptor organization wanted JV to master verticality like Hibbert, not bulk up like Hibbert.

2. Casey was part of the decision, but it wasn't like he decided on his own to tell JV to bulk up.

3. And as Puffer pointed out, JV didn't really eat as well as he should have. - he changed his diet this past offseason to eat better and then while he was injured this year finally gave up sugary treats.
                Nah man. It's ALL Casey's fault.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  1. The Raptor organization wanted JV to master verticality like Hibbert, not bulk up like Hibbert.

I don't get the Hibbert thing in terms of bulked up. Hibbert is relatively skinny and also really soft. What they wanted was what you allude to here because they just wanted him to be an interior rim protector....then they ran a hedge-heavy scramble D about chasing guys off the line for 3 years....

But yeah, Hibbert's "bulk", if he has any, is all marshmallow. Even at his chunkiest, JV had a solid layer of brick below the padding.

The early comparisons to Chandler were also ridiculous. JV was very mobile but Chandler's one of the most mobile Cs I've ever seen, if not the most mobile. It was hype because BC always wants to compare guys and Casey was coming from his Dallas team with Chandler anchoring the middle...not to mention Chandler was one of the guys BC always wanted beside Bargs.

Comment

• russellhantz wrote: View Post
                    I think the confusion here is because JV has about 2 moves - to which he sprinkles a bit of indecision to taste on every play.

Whenever he drills a pumpfake/bunny or backdown running hook I laugh hysterically. Because opponents know it's coming but they can't stop it. The only thing that can stop it when JV barfs on himself during the dribbling portion.
                    I'm really not sure what JV you are watching. I saw some excellent post moves this year. His time with Jack Sikma, one of the all time great post players paid huge dividends.

What the hell is going on here? Have half of you lost your minds? What Raptors playoffs did you just watch?

There is a lot of confident idlocy being talking about here. It is so clear many people do not know what the hell they are talking about, relating to this issue specifically. Maybe on others they do know what they are talking about. It's truly perplexing to me me why some people would want to talk so confidently and be so forceful about something they clearly know next to nothing about. And no, it's not subjective. JV is objectively a good post player. Has been a good post player and will continue to be a good post player. He is an excellent young centre and our most valuable asset.

Comment

• I do think that Jak moves better than Jonas. And if they're going be playable next to each other we'll need both moving at a high level. Both are in prime years to take their fitness to another level.

Comment

• Jonas another Raptors development success story - he went from being more of a pnr finisher to being veritably dominant on the low block. Next is going to come even better play-making, and it would be f---ing fantastic if Poeltl could make those same improvements in parallel.

Jonas is putting his game together on both ends not unlike the way that DeMar did with his offensive game - one methodical piece at a time.

If Jakob is the gym-rat I expect, he can do the same. He's arguably more of a "natural" than either of them, from the look of his skillset and ability to move his feet at age 20.
                        Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed Jun 29, 2016, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Facts only. I tell it how it is. You don't wanna see it. Do you.
                          Lol. See what? and what facts? come on man......

Yeah remember when Hibbert was good. Thats why Xasey wanted JV to put on weight. Now we need him to lose it. This franchise i swear
                          ^This is what you posted. Which as usual is pure non-sense.

JV looked like a fucking stick when he was a rookie. He had to put on weight(duh #commonsense). Did they told him to BULK up like like Hibbert? umm I don't think so.

Also, you talk like Casey is the only one that makes all the decisions. Smh.

Try again.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

JV looked like a fucking stick when he was a rookie. He had to put on weight(duh #commonsense). Did they told him to BULK up like like Hibbert? umm I don't think so.

Try again.
                            and you act like you know what the fuck you're talking about yet you've demonstrated time and again that you clearly don't.

Try again.

Comment

Try again.
                              Do you ever use you know like facts or numbers or anything to back yourself up? Or just the tried and true "I'm right cuz I is! I tells yuh what."
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JV was 240 when he was drafted same as Jakob. Not a stick. He needed to gain strength and weight gradually. They failed to do that.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X