Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    They pretty much got thrashed. Sure they won 2 games but the cavs didn't show up in Toronto until game 6.
    Don't tell me were back to #fakewins again...K Low and Deebo steeped in the biggest games throughout the playoffs. They don't win either round without them.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Everything Jakob Poeltl

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Don't tell me were back to #fakewins again...K Low and Deebo steeped in the biggest games throughout the playoffs. They don't win either round without them.
      I don't believe in fake wins, all I'm saying is Demar didn't really have a good playoffs and definitely didn't carry this team. Kyle was able to turn it on late in that series but I wouldn't say anyone carried us to 4 blowout losses.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        This is totally, utterly untrue.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          This is totally, utterly untrue.
          Maury wrote: View Post
          I don't believe in fake wins, all I'm saying is Demar didn't really have a good playoffs and definitely didn't carry this team. Kyle was able to turn it on late in that series but I wouldn't say anyone carried us to 4 blowout losses.
          Do you two think that we win those two round without K Low and Deebo?
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

That's hard to say. We definitely win the Indy series without Demar. Kyle impacted pretty much every game in a positive way. He wasn't taking bad shots either so he wasn't wasting possessions.

Comment

That isn't what I was responding to. You said that they both stepped up in the biggest games in the playoffs. That isn't close to being true.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• No comment.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Really like how quick Yak moves his feet on defence his going to be a really good two way center.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

No comment.
                    you should use this more.

but don't bother saying it.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      you should use this more.

but don't bother saying it.
                      I'll do as I please.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Not only do we win the first round without "deebo", we win it quicker then we did. Demar actually lost us games
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Not only do we win the first round without "deebo", we win it quicker then we did. Demar actually lost us games
                          Although rounds aren't separated, BPM has playoff numbers. VORP (value over replacement player) factors in minutes so for 2 equally good players, the one who plays more minutes has a higher VORP. With sub-replacement players, more minutes gives a worse VORP. Also a "replacement player has a negative BPM already, so you have to play really badly to be worse than that.

Player VORP
                          Lowry 1.1
                          JV 0.5
                          PP 0.4
                          DMC 0.3
                          Biz 0.3
                          Cojo 0.2
                          Norm 0.0
                          Ross 0.0
                          Scola - 0.1
                          Demar - 0.3
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

There is a reason why DD sat in the 4th quarter in one of the games against the Pacers (whether it was his or Casey's choice). We won that series mainly due to Jonas and CoJo. The Raptors may have even won the series in 5 or 6 games if DD didn't play.

Comment

At the risk of being called a hater ...

We actually do beat Indy in less games without Demar. We don't without Lowry. Even taking Lowry's shooting trouble into account; we probably beat them in 5/6 games without Demar. Lowry was missing shots (they weren't necessarily even bad shots; just misses) but was otherwise a huge positive contributor. Demar was just bad in every sense of the word in the Indy series. We were a significantly better team with Demar off the court for this series which should honestly stand out given the fact that he even had to sit out a 4th quarter. This from a coach who otherwise gives him a blank slate to work with.

The same can apply for the Miami series but to a slightly lesser extent (including the 4th quarter bit where he only checked back into the game in this case because Lowry fouled out) given both teams were hit with injury bugs.

Both were huge in the Cleveland series.
                              Last edited by Just Is; Thu Jul 21, 2016, 12:30 PM.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                                Although rounds aren't separated, BPM has playoff numbers. VORP (value over replacement player) factors in minutes so for 2 equally good players, the one who plays more minutes has a higher VORP. With sub-replacement players, more minutes gives a worse VORP. Also a "replacement player has a negative BPM already, so you have to play really badly to be worse than that.

Player VORP
                                Lowry 1.1
                                JV 0.5
                                PP 0.4
                                DMC 0.3
                                Biz 0.3
                                Cojo 0.2
                                Norm 0.0
                                Ross 0.0
                                Scola - 0.1
                                Demar - 0.3
                                Demar could stay in the backcourt and score 100 points for the opposition and Christian would still say he had a solid game.

Comment

Working...
                                X