Everything Jakob Poeltl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    So in a year's time you want to be paying DeMar 25+m, Bismack ~18m, 31yr old Millsap 25+m, 31yr old Lowry 25+m...

And you think that's the path to sustained success?
    First of all that's all speculation. I except both DD and Biz to take home town discount. Just my opinion just like those numbers are you opinions. Don't forget the cap is going up. So Biz and Dd contract are going to be bargains if they take pay cuts.

You can sustain success cause it's still a young team. Only Carrol, Milsap and Lowry will be over 30. Than you Biz 23, JP 20, PS 22, Cojo 24, Powell 23, Wright 24, Bruno 20 and Bebe 24(I don't think he will be on the team for long). Still a lot of upside.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Don't forget the 2017 first rounder(deepest draft in a while).
      We don't know that yet
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• I think Jakob can play the 4 but, I feel you take full advantage of his gifts if you play him at the 5.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Don't forget the 2017 first rounder(deepest draft in a while) and I'm pretty confident with Masai being able to retain Milsap especially if make to the ECF.
          Don't take this the wrong way ... but that's an absolutely bad plan for both the short and long term of the Raptors franchise. If your hope is that the 2017 first rounder (who would more than likely be somewhere in the 20s) will save us from those poor financial and basketball decisions.

thead wrote: View Post
          I think we need to go against the grain. Having a dominant low post centre allows us to force teams out of their comfort zone
          This is what I've been pushing for. Every team goes one way; make them pay for it.

JV was a monster in the post (and one of the best players in the league the last few years at scoring in the post) and boards and teams really can't fully adjust to that without having to pay for it some other way. If, and honestly it's a huge if, Poeltl (or JV) can some play the four on the defensive end and coexist on the offensive end; it really could be dangerous. Especially with outside shooters.

It's why I really liked the idea of trying to get Cousins without giving up JV and also why I wanted us to draft Sabonis (who is a great low post scorer on the OPPOSITE side of where JV likes to operate).
          Last edited by Just Is; Sat Jun 25, 2016, 03:32 PM.
          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
            We don't know that yet
            That's what the analysis say.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I think Jakob can play the 4 but, I feel you take full advantage of his gifts if you play him at the 5.
              But if you're paying Bismack, that's not a 1-year deal, and he can't play the 4...

So even if you trade JV to get Millsap you still either aren't playing Poeltl, or you're playing him at the 4.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• By the way, the 18m for Bismack and 25m for DeMar WAS a hometown discount.

If there's no discount, it's more like 29m for DeMar and 20-22m for Bismack.

Comment

But if you're paying Bismack, that's not a 1-year deal, and he can't play the 4...

So even if you trade JV to get Millsap you still either aren't playing Poeltl, or you're playing him at the 4.
                  I don't except him to start for couple years. He will still get minutes as first big of the bench. Being able to play with either Biz or Milsap. His minutes will increase as Milsap declines. C and PF are so intangible. You just need two bigs who can play next to each other and Poeltl can play with either one of those guys because all 3 are so agile and mobile.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I don't except him to start for couple years. He will still get minutes as first big of the bench. Being able to play with either Biz or Milsap. His minutes will increase as Milsap declines. C and PF are so intangible. You just need two bigs who can play next to each other and Poeltl can play with either one of those guys because all 3 are so agile and mobile.
                    Going to focus on this part.

If that's all you need, why burn any assets trading for any bigs? We have JV, Poeltl and Patterson. That's a pretty good rotation.

Comment

Going to focus on this part.

If that's all you need, why burn any assets trading for any bigs? We have JV, Poeltl and Patterson. That's a pretty good rotation.
                      I've already told you that I don't believe Patterson is a starter in this league and neither those Masai. You think he is but, I don't. He's a good role player fief shouldn't be playing more than 25 minutes a game. Anything more you asking too much from him.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I've already told you that I don't believe Patterson is a starter in this league and neither those Masai. You think he is but, I don't. He's a good role player fief shouldn't be playing more than 25 minutes a game. Anything more you asking too much from him.
                        Oh, cool. You've talked with Masai about that then?

How about we not trade the guy who had a top 5 PER and top 10 WS/48 in the playoffs, and is only 24. Also, the guy who Masai said will be a huge part of this team in 3 years time probably isn't going anywhere.

Comment

That's what the analysis say.
                          I mean, don't they say that every year?
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

So you're turning JV, Patrick Patterson and Terrence Ross into Bismack Biyombo and a 1-year rental of a 30-year old Paul Millsap?

No thanks.
                            good god what a stupid plan

Comment

• I keep remembering how after the season, Masai said they may need to get creative with the PF position (was specifically answering question about JV and BB). Drafting Poeltl as a combination PF/C to play alongside JV in the long term does sound like Masai's version of creativity.

Comment

• So here's something to consider: How much are you going to pay Pat next year when he expires? Keep in mind you're also paying Kyle... Just something to think about.
                                Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Working...
                                X